AMS1 working in VR

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by mr_belowski, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Really sorry if this has been mentioned but when i hit ESC the game just freezes. Any shortcut i should be pressing instead to get back to the main menu? Or just the menu outside of driving.

nvm - fully read the read me excitement got the better of me.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 Member

I've been using this VR mod for a week now and really enjoying it. Never played AMS1 before so enjoying the "new" content and better physics than AMS2. The only issue I am having with car/track combos tested so far is the Formula Ultimate at Suzuka results in game crash. Everything else so far is all good. My only gripe (probably with AMS1 and not the VR mod) is that the FFB frequently turns off and have to map a reset FFB button and use it near every race. Not a deal breaker, just a mild annoyance.
    Thanks to the Crew Chief team for this excellent piece of work!

3. Aaron Green

Is there a different way of locking the resolution in game, i keep changing the video resolution to a lower one, then when i run config program again to change something else its gone back by default to 1920x1080, which isnt what i selected. I've tried making the config file read only in "my documents/Automobilista" folder but it keeps reverting it back.

4. ODACIR CRISTOFOLINI

ODACIR CRISTOFOLINI New Member

I can run AMS VR in 90 FPS, but in few corners, the frame drop to 8/10 FPS to few seconds and return to normal values.

I tryed low the settings, low the fiedview, reinstall the plugin but stay the same problem.

Anyone experienced this and have some sugestion to solve this problem?

5. Aaron Green

What headset are you running?

6. ODACIR CRISTOFOLINI

I testing on a Rift and Quest 2, but at this moment i discover a origin of the problem: the FFB...

If i set the "keyboard" to a controller, no FPS drop. If i set to wheel (i have a Logitech G27), the drop occurr.

I tryed the settings:
    [ Force Feedback ]
    FFB Effects Level="1"
    FFB Skip Updates="7"

But no success :-(

7. Aaron Green

Have you played around with the FOV settings in the Oculus debug tool? I've gained a huge amount of performance across a variety of titles. Try 0.9 horizontal and 0.75 vertical. That should help with performance. Unless it's CPU related?

• Like Like x 1
  8. ODACIR CRISTOFOLINI

I used this on the last VGA (1650s), but at this moment i'm using a RTX 3080, The use of CPU and VGA is low.

But i have solved yesterday at night. I reinstalled everything and worked fine again :-D

I tryed recreate the user profile but don't worked. I removed the game and all files related on the my documents and after reinstall, worked fine.

Ahh one trick if use Nvidia Card: reinstall the driver without some Game Ready funcions (telemetry and others). Make a lot of difference to all Nvidia Cards.

This video is related to Flight Simulator, but this make a performance increase to all games:

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

This is so cool to have VR made to work in AMS OG! Amazing. On my first attempt i was successful getting VRR running quite well on my rig but today i seem to have come upon a problem where if i move forward the world moves with me!! Looking around works well but forward and back is weirdly locked to my head. How can i fix this?

10. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson Race fair, race clean. It's not win at all costs.

I have just gone into the world of VR with a cheap Rift S. Dying to try AMS with this plig in. But it won't let me download it. Is there another place where this mod is downloadable from please?

11. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Member AMS2 Club Member

Right click -> Save link as...

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. 2ndLastJedi

Does anyone know why i only have 3DOF in AMS1? I have it running so smooth and looks fantastic but sadly i have not all 6DOF.

13. Dolphin

Dolphin New Member

No sorry, but I wouldn't mind trying 3DOF if there is a big performance improvement - I wonder how to fix it just to that...

14. GeekyDeaks

GeekyDeaks Member AMS2 Club Member

I typically see this when I have to use steamVR (normally I use opencomposite/openXR). It' seems to be due to WMR falling back to 3DOF tracking, but steamVR doesn't appear to ask it to try again so I usually end up doing it manually by resetting the WMR environment to seated.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. 2ndLastJedi

I had it so SteamVR was running, i tried only OpenXR and i get this error!
    Screenshot (582).png

16. GeekyDeaks

Sorry, I didn't explain very well. I didn't mean try opencomposite, only that I have the same problem when I cannot use opencomposite e.g. the CC plugin in AMS1 or GTR2. AFAIK, the easiest workaround is to simply reset your WMR environment. I have to also reset my view after doing this as WMR puts my head where it would be if I was standing, even when I ask it to set it to a seated environment.

17. 2ndLastJedi

I just realized it happens in Steam home also!! I tried resetting WMR home but that did nothing :(

18. GeekyDeaks

Hmmm.. Maybe try clearing all the environment data first, then setting it up again? I think it remembers previous environments.

19. 2ndLastJedi

I've had WMR setup so i don't get that cliff house environment, i set it today to get that house again and now AMS1 is working normally again. Thanks heaps mate.
    Now to find out why the steering wheel in game doesn't follow properly my real wheel!! It follows then spins back or fully around whilst I'm mid corner but the car stays on the corner how my real wheel is lined up to!?!?

20. GeekyDeaks

Oh, not familiar with that issue. I do have to manually set the rotation limits in both AMS1 and my wheel software to match though and I seem to recall that I ended up running it around 540 for a reason I can no longer remember.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 1