AMS1 working in VR

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by mr_belowski, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Fushida

Fushida New Member AMS2 Club Member

Outstanding work mr_belowski, everything working fine on Valve Index using your last file update, no display freezing now. However I would appreciate a way to move inside the cockpit in addition to 5 numpad key, I usually end up driving too far from the steering wheel. It would be so nice if we could move inside the cockpit as in AMS2...
    Again, thank you very much for your effort. AMS1 came to life for a lot of us, and that's realy great.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Fushida

Fushida New Member AMS2 Club Member

Just been told that it can be done using the keyboard (something like H, J, K, L). I'll try it. Sorry, and thank you again!.

3. Bjarne Hansen

Bjarne Hansen Member AMS2 Club Member

For WMR users a safe way to use and start AMS and GTR2 in VR are to open Cliff House and open a Desktop windows and run AMS from the Steam folder it will start SteamVR and you newer have issues with frozen mouse cursor. nor Esc issues.
    In GTR2 I do the same but start Gtr2.exe from a file commander window.
    Then just lift headset and kill SteamVR when finished and you are back in WMR VR desktop

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Oskart

Oskart New Member

Thank you very much, it works perfect now.

5. ONA FLYER

ONA FLYER Member AMS2 Club Member

I spent more time with settings and this thing runs really well in VR. THANKS CC !!!!

For anyone struggling with 90 FPS, I found using PURE 360 FFB is killing my FPS....If I switch off of that to Pure 180 I can get very close to holding 90 all the time. This has been mentioned by Renato in another thread on FFB from 2016.

Another thing I noticed is GPU and CPU are only at about 30-35 percent usage, again not sure if its just my system or the Sim. Anyone with suggestions on getting it to use more resources to hold 90?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Very silly question, I now have a Lenovo Explorer. In the cliff house I am at correct eye level, everything seems normal, but in AMS the menu appears low down, I see the Crew chief guy to the left and right at eye level, but the top of the menu starts at his chin level, so I have to look down to navigate it. Then in game I'm 2 metres above the car. What do I have to do to fix this?
    I bought the headset solely for AMS, so apologies if this is a 'noob' question :D

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  7. Tambe

Tambe Member

[QUOTE = "Salvatore Sirignano, post: 108642, member: 3808"] Pregunta muy tonta, ahora tengo un Lenovo Explorer. En la casa del acantilado estoy al nivel correcto de los ojos, todo parece normal, pero en AMS el menú aparece bajo, veo al jefe de Crew a la izquierda y a la derecha a la altura de los ojos, pero la parte superior del menú comienza a la altura de su barbilla. , así que tengo que mirar hacia abajo para navegar. Luego, en el juego, estoy 2 metros por encima del coche. ¿Qué tengo que hacer para solucionar este problema?
    Compré los auriculares únicamente para AMS, así que disculpas si esta es una pregunta de "novato" :RE[/ QUOTE]
    With the number 5 key of the numeric keyboard the menu and the car are centered, assign keys to change the camera and move seat and fov

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Salvatore Sirignano

Thanks, I did that but it didn't work for me! :( I'll try again later.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tambe

Tambe Member

I did it like this and if it worked for me :rolleyes:
    I freeze 2 out of 3 times when pressing ESC.

10. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

Some folks have reported that deleting the d3d9_2.dll from AMS root folder can help with freezing

• Like Like x 2
  11. Bjarne Hansen

The VR centering view is in CrewchiefVR.ini in the Pluginss folder. It is defaulting to Numeric pad Key 5
    Not the top row but you need num lock on and press key 5
    Can be changed to any other oe even with joy to key to a controller.
    Then use the 'I' and 'k' key's on keyboard to move seat closer or further to wheel
    You can also change assignment for those in the controller settings.

Believe by default seat up and down are J and K but better check as I have reassigned them to a old game pad working as button box.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bjarne Hansen

With the new #3 version I now have d3d9_2.dll back in without display freezing in both practice and race session this morning.
    Having a lenovo WMR with LCD panel the SweetFx (d3d9_2.dll) on vivid colors are a huge boost to the display .
    Great job AMS have now moved up next to GTR2 as my goto VR experiences .
    Clearly got better fps and more smooth experience with last VR / plugins:)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tambe

Tambe Member

ok thanks, I'll try again to see what happens.

14. Salvatore Sirignano

Thanks for your help guys, the problem was between the keyboard and chair! :D
    I have it working and wow, thanks so much! :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Tambe

Tambe Member

Well now the sim doesn't even start, I've checked files and it's still the same.

Attached Files:

16. josefmd

josefmd New Member

LoL... Ended up buying AMS today and did the VR hack. Works great! But for some odd reason I have to start the game with Steam VR not running. I could have swore when I first fired it up in VR it worked with what is advised in the readme file. Cool little sim. I just have always past it up for some reason, maybe because it didn't have VR support. :D
    Disregard, figured it out. Had the refresh rate set at 50 mhz instead of 60 in the conf tool. Duh!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. mr_belowski

Tambe, if you've removed d3d9_2.dll, you'll probably need to run the config app and disable the SweetFX filters (or whatever they're called)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Tambe

Tambe Member

I've already tried, it keeps freezing when giving ESC.

19. Bjarne Hansen

Tried putting the GPU Scheduler on in Windows and while it might be placebo it feels like it is more smooth and some occasional micro stutter looks to be gone.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mr_belowski

Tambe, when you say it freezes when you press esc, have you disabled the exit confirmation option in the game's settings?

• Like Like x 1