1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ams2 and Real Cars [Just for Fun]

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Beccobunsen, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Just to give some perspective to real live racing lap times vs. AMS2 Leaderboard lap times, last Saturday the fastest lap by the #82 Roco 001 in Interlagos was a 1.39.940
    The leader on the AMS2 Leaderboard does a 1.34.383 My personal best with the #46 (we don't have the #82) is a meager 1.39.479 :eek:

ss195428.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. kodnin

kodnin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Let's put the leader in the real thing and see!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

This 1:39.940 is an in race time... I don't know the qualifying time, but as an endurance I suppose that it would be way faster than the race's "slow & stead" pace.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Micropitt

You are right. I will do some digging to see if I can find timing from the qualifying.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Try digging here, i think they did about 1:40.900 or 01:38.336 ?

Race

• Like Like x 2
  6. Micropitt

Thank you very much. Yes, it looks like the fastest Qualifying time was 1.38.336 which was 1.6 sec faster than in the race.

7. Jugulador

This team is so crap than they are slower on a qualify than on a endurance raceo_O

Even them... I would like to see a Roco 001 cup with decent drivers and teams, because the AMS2 version has a lot of charisma.

8. Micropitt

They were 1.6 seconds faster in qualifying ;) Also, I think it was the first official race for the upgraded #82. They probably still have to figure out and test things. Let’s see how it goes in the second race in 4 weeks. I love the Roco, it is an amazing piece of machinery :)

9. Micropitt

I asked Roco Racingcars on Instagram about the upgrades they made to the #82 car. Here is what they said:
    “In 2019 we raced with a 1.3 motor but for this year we’ve changed for a 1.5
    We also improved our aerodynamics and the weight distribution with component repositioning.”
    They also confirmed the qualifying time of 1:38:30

10. Jugulador

1:40.997 is the quali time... race is 1:39.940.

Last season, if I'm not wrong, the car didn't go so well. But you are right about the car still being developed. Other P3 cars are practically factory read, with feel and rules specific modifications. But the 001 is practically a pimped F3... lol. Maybe with more time, things can change. Last season, the 001 was the worst P3 car (if I'm not mistaken)... but at Interlagos, last weekend, it was better than 3 other P3 teams... so, it's really a kind of improvement.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Micropitt

The Porsche 935 as it is currently deployed by Team Stuttgart Porsche in the Imperio Endurance Brasil. Team Stuttgart Porsche launched the 935 in 2018 and it is based on the Porsche 935 from 1978 which was running the 24 Hours of LeMans in 1978. Only 77 units of the Porsche 935 were ever produced and Stuttgart Porsche owns the #4 of the production.

Porsche935.jpg

Porsche935-1.jpg

Porsche935-2.jpg

Porsche935-3.jpg

Porsche935-4.jpg

Porsche935-5.jpg

Porsche935-6.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  12. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Major drool over that I must say :cool:
    Historic and present day versions would be epic.
    Would make a great addition to a LeMans pack :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Micropitt

That would be really awesome. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Micropitt

And maybe, just for good measures, they could add some Group C cars to that LeMans pack. You know, Porsche 962 and Sauber C9 :D

• Like Like x 2
  15. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Indeed, Group C has been confirmed too, and more, for free :)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Micropitt

Oy, I must have missed that part. Group C really is exciting, can't wait to drive them in LeMans :D

17. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Carbon anyone :whistle:
    935_carbon.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Micropitt

That a slick looking Porsche :cool:

19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I have seen this again and again in forums for all existing sims that the comparasment between RL laptimes and sims laptimes is used as some kind of reality check for the sim.
    But my personal attitude to this is that such kind of "reality check" is complete nonsense (to say it politely :D)
    The reason I hold this slightly alternative :p oppinion is my own experience with good old NR2003 and its derivative the famous GTP mod.

In this sim it was possible to change the overall grip for both the player car and the AI cars.:cool:
    And you have to believe me (hehe or check it out yourself) that even a minor change of the grip value would result in (much) more than a minor change in laptimes.
    I was surprised myself that even if the change in grip was so small that I couldnt really feel it out on the virtual track then it was pretty obvious checking the laptimes.:whistle:

ByTheWay: So even if I have never personally used this goofy laptime comparasment between RL and sim to anything like a fake "reality check" - then I could easily have used this trick to both made the GTP cars go faster or slower than their RL counterparts. So...:cool:

20. Micropitt

My Friend, I have to wholeheartedly disagree with you. The goal of AMS2 is to bring the cars as close as possible to the real thing. Then there is this little thing called competition which basically is the whole idea of the Leaderboard, right?

ByTheWay: I have driven the Nordschleife many times in real life and I'm more than curious how it will be in AMS2 and yes, I will be comparing lap times :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1