1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Career - Web-based App Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by rsr427, May 6, 2022.

1. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

@abesto
    @rsr427
    Sorry to bother you two guys, but there is one huge disadvantage in the career mode: it seems to be much too short.

As I use your tool as a substitute for Reiza's in game career mode and I do not expect it to be released before 2024/25, I need a looooong career for the next years.:confused:

I don't know the structure of your database and if it can be queried for any car-/ track attributes, but what's your opinion to extend career by some additiinal series?

E.g.:
    - Asian tour: only cars and tracks from Asia
    - European tour: only cars and tracks from Europe
    - American tour: only cars and tracks from America
    - World tour: after completing the 3 series above, you can participate the world tour. Of course with content from all over the world

- Manufacturer cups: e.g. only Porsche, only Mercedes etc.
    Start from slowest car to the fastet your way up, or from the oldest to the newest

- Generic Forza stuff:
    - Only RWD, only FWD, only AWD, only mid engine etc.
    - Only cars < 150kW, < 250kW, >250kW, generic stuff like that.

I know, the mod was created from a spreadsheet to give motivation to try out cars and tracks from many classes and not to be a fully fledged career mode, but maybe you two guys can put it to a fully fledged career.:)

But great work so far and many thanks for your efforts.:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmm now that does look rather interesting, the fact that it adjusts the A.I. skill level dependant on your results is very interesting! Cheers for the headsup!

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. rsr427

rsr427 Member AMS2 Club Member

Dude, I have an endless stream of ideas we could work on if we need to hold out until 2024!!! @abesto is going to kill me though!! This is 2022's project. I'll save some for 2023!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. rsr427

Thank you all for the positive feedback and encouragement. @abesto has been surprising me all the time with his skills. We're lucky in that we were both on the same page from the start. This was a skunkworks project with the goal being "let's get something to the community, don't let perfect be the enemy of very good". And I think it keeps getting "very gooder!"

Reiza, take note. We just need some API integration with results... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

Hey TT can you do a video on this please?

6. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

So this means no additions this year due to abestos overload?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. rsr427

Must not cause "abestos poisoning?"... :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Hope abesto will stay in a good healthy condition, as we need him to keep the career mode alive for the next years.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

@rsr427
    @abesto
    There seems to be a bug, at least at karting series.
    When you record a result in grade A (even it is 1st place) the "A" in the path is not replaced by a checkmark symbol.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. RubénGarMo

RubénGarMo New Member

I've just discovered this app and maybe is the solution I was looking for. I was moving again to Project Cars 2 because it had career mode and AMS2 don't, but with this app probably I can make up for this absence.
    However I have noticed that the app offers races in all circuits (base + DLC) and with all car types, and it is not suitable for people like me that doesn't have purchase any extra content. I have tried the app yesterday and had to skip some races, recording a bad position int he app (20th place, for example) in the tracks I couldn't play. So, I think it would be a nice idea to introduce a selector to play only with the base game.
    In other way, can you say me if there is a way to change the circuits of cars that the app says to you to play? I couldn' find.

11. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Just do it like I do:
    If you do not own content, use another one you have.

Development of this tool is afaik paused for this year.

12. rsr427

Could you enter that in the Github? Abesto is tracking and squashing bugs as needed.

(Honestly, I didn't do any Kart racing b/c I just don't like them...so my bad as the lead tester...)

• Like Like x 1
  13. rsr427

I would guess that there is at least one series of all the offers that you CAN race in? There are sometimes 8-11 offers, I guess in the off chance that you don't own a track you can always substitute it. We feel that this better simulates real life too in that sometimes you'd WANT to race some car in some place, but either the car isn't available that weekend, or you can't race b/c of other commitments.

I do sympathize with you b/c I've made several of these types of career spreadsheets for PC2 and there is content I also don't own. We could probably have a version that is all for "base" content, I'd have to review the difficulty with the dev team (@abesto )...

• Like Like x 1
  14. rsr427

I think we'll try to incorporate any new content Reiza releases. We have a data framework and @abesto designed the tool such that we can implement these changes fairly quickly.

Hopefully we'll look into any bugs that the expanded user base finds as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

I also didn't drive them, because they sound ugly and driving them makes me sea sick.
    But I gained enough XP from other series so it completed itself. Then I saw that grade "A" was not replaced by a checkmark and recorded it but without any changes. "A" is never replaced by a checkmark.
    So grade "A" can never be completed.

16. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd love to! Unfortunately I don't know when as i've got a bit of a backlog of stuff to go through and am busy with music and writing stuff atm. Also there are some problems with the A.I with certain car class'es that need to be solved, i've tried editing the A.I. files but that can only do so much as the major issues are hard coded (at least thats what im calling it) and can't be fixed with editing. I could do something short just to make folks aware that the tool is out there and ready to use, provide links and stuff

• Like Like x 2
  17. RubénGarMo

RubénGarMo New Member

Yes, you are right! The only problem was that when the app suggested me a circuit that I don't own, my head was like "Hey, you need someone tell you were to race! You can't think it by your own" :rolleyes:

Well, also because of the fact that I don't know very well which tracks fit with each car class.

Anyway, thanks you very much for developing this app! ;) It's very usefull

18. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

@abesto released a new version of his career tool.

1.1.0 - 2022-06-07
    Added
    • Progression beyond Grade A: You can now keep gaining XP after reaching Grade A, until you achieve final mastery of the discipline. Yes, a new achievement is involved! Races previous to this update do count towards the XP gain and achievements; achievements are even awarded retroactively.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Thanx for the effort. I will give it a try.

Just hope the official CM takes some Dirt to Daytona inspiration.

20. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

V1.2 released.
    Cross-disciplin XP and adustable XP multiplier introduced.
    With these settings length of career can be adjusted to personal preferences.

:)

• Friendly Friendly x 2