1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. DFAlex

DFAlex New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello,
    any news about the Linux Dedi?

regards
    Alex

2. TeTeT

TeTeT New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,

is there a way to query the number of currently connected players on a dedicated server? Either via the built-in api server or via steam api maybe?

Cheers,
    Torsten

Self answer: there's a python lib 'a2s' and one can use :
    import a2s
    address=("HOSTNAME", QUERYPORT)
    print(a2s.info(address))

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  3. Vitor Arbex

Vitor Arbex Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe someone can help me, i can host RRRE, AC and ACC servers no problem, AMS 2 I start the dedicated server but its forever stuck on IDLE and does not show up in browser. Ports 8766, 27015, 27016 are configured.
    Any ideas?
    EDIT: Server Works fine if configured for SportsServer, tested with a friend yesterday. It just does not show up on browser if started in normal mode.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Hello.
    When I use controlGameSetup : true and set "ServerControlsTrack" : 0, "ServerControlsVehicleClass" : 0 and "ServerControlsVehicle" : 0 , I cannot change tracks ingame (works in the webAPI), neither can I change vehicles ingame or in the webAPI.

I want to be able to change these both ingame and on the webAPI but don't understand where the issue is coming from. When I set controlGameSetup : false , I can change cars and tracks ingame just fine though.

If I set controlGameSetup : true , do I lose all control over car and track selection in the client or what? As far as I remember I only have Force Identical Car in the flags too in terms of choice restriction.

I will leave my server.cfg here. If someone could have a look and tell me where the issue stems from, I would appreciate it. (I deleted servername and userInfo so gotta make something up if you want to test it)

Attached Files:

5. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

if you want to let control car/track publicy you have to select controlGameSetup : false
    but here you can disable to change e.g. track or car only by setting the "0"

controlGameSetup : true
    is used when you want one fixed setup w/o possibility to change anything (e.g. trackday server) or you use rotating sessions controled by lua rotate.
    setting "0" for car or track has no impact as everything is controled by the server

6. Shriukan

Ah I see. I thought it was the contrary, that we could lock the choices when cGS is set to true and use its option. Well false it is then. As long as I can change session settings with the next session page setup, it is all I need. Cheers for the clarification, Wolfgang. :)

7. Vitor Arbex

@Dave Stephenson is there a list of requirements for server to show up on in game browser list?
    I read user manual, set everything up, server works online if i set it for Esports mode (racing with a friend and AI no issues). But on normal mode it does not show in the ingame server browser, is there a way I can debug whats the problem?

8. Wolfgang Herold

port forwarding on your router to all needed ports done?
    firewall exception done?

9. Vitor Arbex

Yes as i said server configured for esports mode works ok over the internet friend joined no issue. I also Tried standard ports and also changed ports to same as the RaceRoom server and same results. Server does not show in server browser.
    Edit: Also tried put my ip on router DMZ just to make sure not a port foward issue. same result.

10. Wolfgang Herold

sometimes i have to start my server twice to see it in the browser. Don't know why.
    First time it doesn't show up.
    Then i kill the task and start again and it works :confused:
    But as far as i remember for sportsmode in pCARS2 you had to enter the iP-address of the server in the client. Didn't try that in AMS2

11. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Vitor Arbex if you configured it to be controlled by the game (ie not fixed session or lib rotate configuration) you will need to start the first session via the web ui. In the webapi set the next session attributes and it should then be visible in browser.

At some point (sorry no timeline I can give atm) you will be able to create this first session from the game client without needing to intervene using the web ui.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vitor Arbex

@Dave Stephenson Yes i did try saving next session in web api and clicking on advance session in web API as well. but no luck. Tho the parameter´s seem fine.
    allowEmptyJoin : true
    controlGameSetup : false
    // Automatic race setup rotation.
    //"sms_rotate",
    Guess those are correct since i could control server options from client when in esports mode.
    I left it running, can you guys see it online?
    I´m really intrigued on what the issue could be. My friend also tested and he did not see server as well. (with esports mode on and the command line parameters to join it did work with my friend so guess ports router and firewall should be ok)
    log bellow looks ok right? server cfg also anexed.

[2020-08-11 11:05:41] INFO: Starting up the Dedicated Server Library.
    [2020-08-11 11:05:41] INFO: Server configuration loaded:
    - server build version: 1
    - protocol version: 64 (1.0.0.64)
    - server name: ARBEX Test Server
    - max session size: 32
    - details: secure, bind IP INADDR_ANY, Steam port 8766, host port 27015, query port 27016, password protected no
    - whitelist size: 0
    - blacklist size: 0
    - lua api: disabled
    - http api: enabled listening at 127.0.0.1:9000, 1 extra header(s) defined
    - allow empty join: enabled
    - game setup control: disabled
    - sports play : disabled
    [2020-08-11 11:05:41] INFO: HttpApi started
    [2020-08-11 11:05:41] INFO: LuaApi disabled
    [2020-08-11 11:05:41] INFO: Dedicated server is starting...
    [2020-08-11 11:05:43] INFO: Connection to Steam established
    [2020-08-11 11:05:43] INFO: Received public IP XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    [2020-08-11 11:05:43] INFO: Server logged in with Steam id 90137837782378501 ; server is secure
    [2020-08-11 11:05:43] INFO: Server startup finished: AppId 1066890, public IP XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, Steam id 90137837782378501 ; switching to running state

Attached Files:

13. Ayrton

Ayrton Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I know I'm late to the party, but what happened to the Dedicated Server tool? Is it getting rereleased?

14. Wolfgang Herold

ds with Silverstone is up since August 11.
    What do you mean with "rerelesed"?

15. Ayrton

Ayrton Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not seeing the Dedicated Server anywhere in my steam library since the update. Is it there for you?
    Nevermind, it just showed up

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  16. Dave Stephenson

@Vitor Arbex

There looks to be nothing wrong with the config that I can see. I just tested it here locally and on our server to be sure with no issues. With that being the case things to check would be port clashes primarily as it already seems you have proven the firewall rules. the game and query ports usually give errors if they can't bind but I'm not sure that is the case for the steam port (8766 by default) which must also be unique per instance. If there are no other services running on the machine which would use it double check there isn't a lingering instance of the dedi hanging around in task manager (though in such an instance again I would expect to see errors about binding the game and query port)

17. Shriukan

Hello. Is the new Track Cut warning still tied to "AllowablePenaltyTime"?
    If I set it to 7 and exit track 8 times, do I get 7s worth of time penalties (considering i have Drive Throughs off)?

• Like Like x 1
  18. DFAlex

DFAlex New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello,
    how about the Dedi for Linux?

LG
    Alex

19. Paradiz

Paradiz RFRO Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, how to manage the new track cut penalty system with the dedicated?

20. Dave Stephenson

It's currently tied to AllowablePenaltyTime. The setting is the number of cuts allowed now. An update soon should address the naming and the lower limit being 5 instead of 1 in the http ui.

The setting has no bearing at all on the number of seconds penalty you will receive. With drive-throughs turned off or for penalties in the last lap (so a drive-through cannot be served) drivers will receive the fixed drive-through penalty time instead (currently 20 seconds)

This month I promise.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2