1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Guys I'm new to setting up a DS and have a few questions for setting some flags.
    1. What is the flag to Force Interior View? I see an "AllowedViews" variable set to "Any". I want to lock the camer to the interior of the car.
    2. What is the flag to Force Cooldown lap? I want tthe driver to drive the car after crossing the finishline.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

Cooldownlap is in FLAGS
    for flags use Asturbo's online calculator
    Flags Calculator

Views is a session parameter
    Views: enter server_IP:Server_port/api/list/enums/allowed_view in a browser to get all entries

• Like Like x 1
  3. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Hello there, I have setup a dedicated server in my home and everything seems to be working ok. The server is online, showing up in the server list, I can join the server and use it as expected.
    I do have a error message showing up in the console and was wondering about what the issue might be:
    console.JPG
    Now, the server is setup to use Interlagos and it is working (no rotation of tracks)

My second question is regarding opponents. In the Admin Console under "Next Session" and then "Opponents" I can set the Maximum Grid size and then Maximum Human opponents. It seems that I'm not able to set equal numbers under this two options. Which means I have at minimum 1 AI driving on the track. As example, I set Maximum Grid size to 20, then the Maximum Human Opponents will automatically set to 19 and can't be change to 20. Is there any way to change that?
    Also, the server doesn't seem to save any entree under "Next Session". After restarting the server I have to setup the next session again. Is that by design?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  4. DaWorstPlaya

Ok guys found an issue with the current version of the server. If the penalties are turned ON, the minimum number of penalties currently can't be set below 5. I think this is due to it's PCars2 roots. Given that the penalty system has changed, we would like to change it to 3 incidents before you have to do a drive through. 5 is just too much.

That setting can be changed in a peer to peer hosted multiplayer lobby and set below 5. But it is not possible on a the DS. Can we please get an update that fixes that issue please?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wolfgang Herold

good find, but personally i think too low settings are a bit harsch.
    Most public races are 7 to 10 laps and too low values e.g. one incident to earn a drive throug is counter productive.

6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Can it not be set below 5 by editing the config files instead of using the interface?

7. DaWorstPlaya

This is more for league races I don't host public servers. We're a lot more strict than public lobbies.

Correct, if you edit the config file it still defaults to 5 on the server.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  8. Wolfgang Herold

this was just a comon thought.
    But you'll get many complaints if you setup a 2h endurance with a too low factor.
    I would start with
    Hard = 0.5 x laps
    Easy = 1 x laps

9. DaWorstPlaya

We never do 2hr enduros in our league. For 30min sprint races 3 is just about right and for a 1hr race 5 is good. However most of our races are 30mins long.

10. Gordon_Jacobson

Gordon_Jacobson Member

Sorry if this has been asked? 14 pages a lot to wade through...:whistle:

When new tracks and cars are released how to we get the number associated when these to use on a server?

11. Micropitt

I have the same issue and it is a little bit annoying. It seems like the web admin page is not able to read all parameters from the server.cfg file.

12. Balrog

Balrog Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, we gave up on hosting races (temporarily), we'll come back to it if it gets a bit more stable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wolfgang Herold

enter
    server_IP:server_port/api/list/tracks/
    in a browser

for cars use
    server_IP:server_port/api/list/vehicles/

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wolfgang Herold

fyi, -selectds, race director and broadcaster will come in the near future

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Rented server's supported yet ?
    Hi guys & gals , Simracingonline is trying to add AMS2 racing to our mix of sims ! we already use AMS1,PC2,ACC, AC, Rf1,RF2 bla bla ..
    ok here's our issue, one of our members offered up a dedicated server ! so he rented a 32 slot server from :
    © Emperor Servers 2020
    Server Manager v1.0.4
    Having used PC2 on a rackservice server where we simply use the -selectds option = no issues & we have great racing ..
    Now with AMS2 and this 'rented server' I cant for the life of me figure it out .. we have no access to the .LUA's ….Its simply built on what looks like a API ..? but I have no idea ..lol
    It offers simple set up and launch ..the only issue is it wont show in AMS2 lobby ..
    I was just taking a chance here to see if anyone has any experience with this style of server ? They offer no documentation, nada, zero ..I can see all the atrabutes that the .LUA's have set up with an off/on switch .. I set up a session ,it launches & says its online but never shows ? o_O. I have attached some pic's of the menus and if anyone has any Ideas please let us know !
    SRO is stoked on the latest build guys & we really want to start hosting AMS2 events asap !

Thanks in advance for any help ;-)

Desktop Screenshot 2020.08.29 - 15.28.28.18.jpg Desktop Screenshot 2020.08.29 - 15.29.56.49.jpg Desktop Screenshot 2020.08.29 - 15.30.10.23.jpg Desktop Screenshot 2020.08.29 - 15.30.35.98.jpg Desktop Screenshot 2020.08.29 - 15.30.47.85.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wolfgang Herold

this screens do not tell anything about the server.cfg file and possible ports open/closed on the firewall/router. you should attach the server.cfg file w/ deleted Ip:adresses

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kro

Thx Wolf ! That's just it ,we have no access to those BUT I just got a message from the provider :
    I think the issue should be resolved. It looks like there was an issue with the lobby communication, but I have resolved it
    C
    [​IMG]
    my apologies for the inconvenience. I can see your server in the lobby now

This happend right as I also thought maybe because servers in France ..we have to edit download region in steam accordingly as I'm in the U.S.. & but when I checked = bam there it was ! so ..

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  18. Kro

Ok we do still have one issue .. The track selected from the server is showing properly in the server lobby Track: Adelaide_Modern, but when we join it always defaults to Londrina long Brazil ?
    this with "server controls track" = true.
    also in server options Control Game setup is set to ON "Set to true to enable API that allows the server to control the game's setup. The host will not be able to control the setup if this is set. This must be set to true for the following attributes to work: ServerControlsTrack, ServerControlsVehicleClass, ServerControlsVehicle "

any suggestions ? or something I can tell the provider (we don't get access to the LUA's )

19. Wolfgang Herold

an empty server shows allways the track that is configured in the server.cfg.
    As you wrote its controlled by lua, i assume, when first participant joins, then lua kicks in and sets the first track setup in lua configuration.
    Don't beat me if i'm wrong. Never setup a lua controlled server. Always used the open version where host is able to setup the session by his needs ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Micropitt

Seems like I solved my issue with 1 AI appearing on the Track. I removed everything related to race, track and vehicles from the server.cfg and added everything that is needed to sms_rotate_config.json which is under lua_config

• Like Like x 4