1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So it gets even weirder .. Some tracks will show correct Like Bathurst ,Kyalami but Adelaide ,Azure , & a bunch more simply wont stay as the track once a player joins .. They show properly in lobby when set from the server_cfg ,but then defaults to Londrina Long Brazil once a player joins ..?? I thought maybe its a DLC issue & if the first player to join does not have the DLC it defaults but Adelaide is a default track ..
    Any Ideas ? Thanks ;-)

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

How many players have you set the server to? If the number of possible players is higher than the number of grid slots a track has, I think it may automatically switch to another track which supports that number.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

as stated above.
    You should post the server.cfg and edited lua files with deleted adresses and passwords. Then it can replicated very easy, by setting up a DS the same as yours. Otherwise its impossible

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kro

Thanks ! with Emperor server we don't have access to the server_cfg its all run by what looks a lot like the API, but you could be onto something ! it's a 32 slot server set to 32
    !

5. Kro

BINGO ! we have a winner !! that was it ! Adaliade only has 30 slots ..etc...

ok i'm going to go stand in the corner for a while:eek::rolleyes::D gezzzzzaous .....

Thanks guys for the help ! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

You have 3 numbers to look at:
    maxplayercount (overall number of users allowed to connect, that includes the 2 slots for broadcaster and race director)
    Gridsize
    Maxplayers
    This two should be identical and can't be greater than maxplayercount.....but.....if you set the gridsize to high it results in what you experienced. In Cascavel, as example, the gridsize can't be higher than 24. I believe Interlagos also is below 30.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Wolfgang Herold

an old problem from pCARS1/2 days.
    Afair, it worked with some early versions of the PC1 server, but SMS didn't get it stable.
    And also the original server dev left the company.
    Let's hope Reiza is able to find a solution for a dynamic lock to handle that.
    I would suggest to assign all free slots above the pit count limit automatically as spectator slots.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

There are a several other things that should be looked in to. As example the different config parameters in server.cfg and lua files. I can understand that people are confused ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

I've been trying to run a DEDI using an AWS server, it works when configured in the server.cfg but when I attempt to use the web app I keep getting an error related to libwebsocket. It means it doesn't allow me to select a different page like next session and configure it.
    Anyone have any idea what could be causing that? I guess it's a server configuration issue but I have no idea tbh.

10. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

How does one set the race duration to timed rather than laps? I tried the "timed race" flag but didn't seem to affect it.
    Also, is there a way to set time progression in the server.cfg?

11. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I think you're better off setting a few "defaults" in server.cfg, then using sms_rotate_config.json to actually do the bulk of the configuring. It's far more user friendly since it uses text rather than number codes, which is especially useful when changing flags. Timed races definitely work when using it too, since that's what we do on RaceDepartment. Time progression is also easily set in there.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Cool bud, I'll check that out, thanks for that :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

hmm, tried using sms_rotate but get the following errors;
    [2020-09-05 16:54:28] WARNING: Lua: lua\lib_rotate\lib_rotate.lua:182: attempt to index a nil value (global 'server')
    [2020-09-05 16:54:28] ERROR: Failed to read addon Lua file from 'lua\sms_rotate\sms_rotate.lua'

Any ideas @Goffik ?

14. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Has anyone been able to get the "Wait for ready input" to work on the Dedi Server?
    I'm using configs on the "sms_rotate_config.json" file and even have the flag "WAIT_FOR_RACE_READY_INPUT" set but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Not having the "Ready button" is very annoying as it doesn't allow people to change their setups before the race and "throws" the cars into the grid causing them to jump over the start line and get a black flag.

16. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Yes, it works fine on our DS. Check the formatting to make sure everything is exactly right... quote marks, spelling, commas, etc. Not sure what else to suggest... :confused:

17. DaWorstPlaya

I think the formatting is correct, because the server doesn't throw an error when it loads. Usually if there is a formatting error, you'll see an error and the server will say it is ignoring the rotate config file. Below is the flag I'm using, please let me know if you see any errors.

"Flags" : "TIMED_RACE,ALLOW_CUSTOM_VEHICLE_SETUP,ABS_ALLOWED,AUTO_START_ENGINE,FORCE_MANUAL,MECHANICAL_FAILURES,DISABLE_DRIVING_LINE,WAIT_FOR_RACE_READY_INPUT,COOLDOWNLAP,PIT_STOP_ERRORS_ALLOWED,HAS_RACE_DIRECTOR,HAS_BROADCASTER,ONLINE_REPUTATION_ENABLED",

The lack of documentation with the DS is really starting to annoy me. How hard is it to just have a list of all the flags, tracks and cars in a readme text document somewhere?

18. Wolfgang Herold

• Like Like x 1
  19. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

The only difference I can see between my flags and yours is that I have no comma after the closing quotes at the end of the line. That seems odd to me since every other line does have a comma, yet it works fine. Maybe give it a try!

Code:
        "Flags" : "ALLOW_CUSTOM_VEHICLE_SETUP,FORCE_REALISTIC_DRIVING_AIDS,AUTO_START_ENGINE,TIMED_RACE,WAIT_FOR_RACE_READY_INPUT,PIT_SPEED_LIMITER,DISABLE_DRIVING_LINE,COOLDOWNLAP"

• Like Like x 1
  20. DaWorstPlaya