1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Alright. I also have no major issues with such cars.

I suspect AMS2 can't cope with fast/agile cars such as F1, but it behaves nicely with slow and fat ones such as the Copas and GT4/3/E. However if you guys are not having issues with F-Ultimates, F-Reiza, F-Classics, P1 and such, then my argument falls short.

2. Chin

Chin Member AMS2 Club Member

We don't really run open wheels... Been several months since we ran the P1 cars.

3. GIACODEX

GIACODEX New Member

Hello!
    I have a problem, server is not showing in the server list,
    **FIXED** !

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  4. Chin

Chin Member AMS2 Club Member

As an update... We ran P1 cars this past week for 2 races, and had no issues.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi , i have a question about the results when hosting from the game not the ded. We have had such poor performance from using the dedacated server that we want to try with the in game hosting to see if we can keep all our players from getting dropped & the 1-2 sec lag freezes we have had for the last 5 months or so (seemed ok before that one update a few months back? Cant remember exactly but other similar posts were being made about mp back then, we could have 15-20 drivers with no prob, now if we get 10 to stay connected after the first lap we are lucky, thats if the 1-2 sec freeze keeps them off the walls) we realize its peer to peer & up to host’s connection ect.. so I’m not here to complain just looking to find a way to keep using ams2 in our league as players are starting to give up :(So my question is, how can i get the results like the sms_stats_data.json from a in game hosted session? Is it possible? We have custom software similar to sim results that posts our results to our web based result page so im hopefull we might have better luck hosting from the game ( 1gbt connection) but we need so sort out the result file ?? thanks!

Last edited: May 28, 2022
  6. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

It's not possible to get results directly from a P2P session. The best option available without making use of telemetry tools like Second Monitor to get a result summary is to screenshot the results screen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is a bit odd that you are experiencing a lot of disconnection issues though, lately, and with that i mean the past 2 months or so, we havent had that issue at all, everything worked rather flawlessly, there has to be some explanation why some experience the issues more then others you would think

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kro

Thx guys, Ya I wish I knew .. We have tried changing admin/hosts I have been admin from my 1Gbt connection in the US and then we tried another admin being host from UK. & the same thing happens. P1 and Q are fine, then on the session change to race some get dumped right there, then it's always the first few laps of the race where we have the big freezes (for some not for all) & we crash & burn & might lose another few drivers so we go from 15-18 drivers down to around 7-8 and then it seems ok with a few short hiccups/quick pauses along the way & it's not always the same drivers. We even tried doing up to 2 manual formation laps to see if we could bypass the early pauses under racing but it does not happen, then as soon as we start racing up to speed it happenso_O. We rent a server from Emperor & never used to have this issue a few months back:( we also run a PC2 server through Emperor and we don't have these issues.. Ya we see some pauses & all but we don't lose 1/2 the field :cool:o_O I can jump on a public server with 20 drivers & it seems fine so IDK wtf is up. I think because we have players from all around the world with deferent connections that packet loss is a lot of it but I'm only guessing..

Last edited: May 29, 2022
  9. Roy Niessink

Only thing that comes to mind is to at least make sure that the person entering the server first (host) has udp turned off in the system settings on ams2, cause that can cause all sorts of issues, packet loss shouldnt be a big thing, our server is in the netherlands, and we have people from the usa and australia occasionally in the server without issues.

The only time we experienced some disconnect issues, was when we used the emperor server manager, which worked fine up until a few months back, then we did a couple races on just the dedi, which went without issues, and now we are using JustRace.net and their servermanager for organising our races, which we done 6 races on, so far all without issues as well.

Have you tried running just the dedi, or only tried the emperor server?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kro

we only have used Emperor, I did get in contact with them & explained what's going on & they have responded with a few changes including moving our server & adjusting the refresh rate with some other tweaks so we shall see!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kro

So justrace requires us to run our own dedi? do they have a control pannel or are we back to .lua & .jsons? We have a dedicated server for all our rF2 servers we could put it on so that's no issue but the AMS2 dedi ..sigh lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Roy Niessink

Well, Justrace consists basically of 2 components, the server manager, and the website/portal, you use the portal to setup/schedule the races, so no need to fiddle around yourself with editing json or other files, at the selected event start time, the portal sigbals the server manager to start the server with the selected options, the only thing right now is that they dont have championship scoring, but they provide a well working spreadsheet, you can copy/paste the results from their page into the spreadsheet.

They are currently working on a new UI for the portal, which will have championship scoring integrated.

I can DM you some screenshots of their website with the config options if you like

• Like Like x 2
  13. Shriukan

• Like Like x 2
  14. Kro

Thx guys,:) as a website biased league we already have a community & drivers, we just want a stable MP experience with AMS2! We love the way Emperor servers work as everything's in dropdowns & it basically click & play ;)
    We already have custom result software that uses the sms_stats_data files. >
    Desktop Screenshot 2022.05.30 - 13.05.17.84.jpg
    So what I'm getting here is justrace links to your server? and then add all its features that seem very cool! but we still need to provide a server somewhere yes?

15. Shriukan

Correct. You provide the server, whether it’s a pc on your home connection, a remote server pc or instance on a farm or even AWS with automated instance activation. Emperor is similar in terms of service but you pay to go through their servers and platform.
    JustRace’s service is free and depending on how you opt to host the servers prices will go from free to whatever you’re hosting on. It does take a minimal amount of understanding to set things up but it’s nothing out of the world either (unless we’re talking about rF2).
    JustRace will also show all the created communities on it as the service is what SimRacing.GP was supposed to be before greed took over (and also older just to be clear), whereas Emperor is just about the server rental, setup and service. Both have pros and cons and if you guys are doing fine with just a hosting service, then all the better for you guys. Means you got a nice and healthy community that spreads the word out :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Their server manager can be self hosted on your own hardware. It's a one time payment per game for the software, future updates included

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Shriukan

I stand corrected. Was not aware of the self-hosting. Cheers.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Nando Ferreira

Nando Ferreira New Member

what's the forecast service that ams2 use?
    if i wanna know what was the weather in spa in 17/9/1988, there is a way to know that?

19. Shriukan

• Like Like x 1
  20. Julien Lemoine

Julien Lemoine New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey Guys,
    Any plan for a result file per session ? Like all other games. I think, it can be help for more peoples and more races on multiplayer. And just, for someone who say to make an addon, yes, okay, but it's not a good way ... And to test the addons, it is very boring