1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Except that would defeat the purpose of promoting JustRace as a race and dedicated server managing platform.
    And P2P doesn’t give access to lua addons which JR uses to log info, times, results, etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh ya ..I forgot about the results & all ....:oops::rolleyes:

3. viper4r

viper4r Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello devs, when will there be an update of the Dedicated Server?
    There were a lot of changes in the game in the last weeks.
    I need the IDs from the HTTP API for updating my tool.

4. Nobkins

Nobkins Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would imagine so. Every update that has needed new content IDs in the past has included a dedi update with those IDs.

5. viper4r

viper4r Active Member AMS2 Club Member

6. Shriukan

The Beta DS was updated 7 days ago, mate. Today's update was for the live DS which doesn't have the new content yet.
    upload_2022-8-5_16-8-42.png
    upload_2022-8-5_16-9-7.png

Edit: The new content will be probably added to the Beta DS when the patch is close to release. I suspect it's not added right away to avoid having people simply download the Beta DS and look what new tracks and cars are available.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
  7. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Anyone know what the new DS update added today?

8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

well, the changelog mentions: data update, whatever that means....lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Sami Viljanen

Sami Viljanen New Member

I am trying to understand what would be my dedicated server limit regarding slots. Is there some information how much bandwidth one player uses?

10. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Posting over here rather than the 1.4 thread...

Still having issues with the server dumping drivers in the change in session, either from fp to quali or quali to race, had it on 32/28/24 driver grids. Is there anything else i can do to mitigate this or am i sol with rng?

11. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

This exactly is why the next DS release needs a rejoin mid race feature that we can turn ON/OFF and a more forgiving connection/latency check as a new session starts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Kro

This has been what's plagued mp from the start, besides the screen freezes it's been the client's dropped on session change that forced us to hold off on our AMS2 series championships over at simracingonline. We were hoping this would have improved with 1.4 and have actually created a new GT3 championship with 1.4v starting in mid-Sept but this report has me worried againo_O.. PC2 shares the same net code but we don't suffer the client drops or freezes in that game.. This with the same core group of players. We have tried private server hosting, A rented server & in-game hosting with the same results, we currently use a rented 32-slot server that we limit to 25.. I personally think it's the peer-to-peer method that allows/has too many variables in client net speed from all around the world that causes the majority of the issues but what do I know lol:rolleyes: like I said PC2 seems to work with the same net code, we host weekly races with ACC, rF2, AC, PC2 and AMS2 is the one that players keep having MP issues with disconnects, pauses etc....

13. Kro

AMS2 uses peer-to-peer so your own bandwidth or server bandwidth doesn't have as much influence. The session will only be as strong as the weakest link/connection..

14. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

First of all, thanks for the update and in general the great DS tooling. While parsing the liveries I had two utf8 "violations". This could very well be my parser, just wanted to let you know (or anyone parsing this) it's:
    {
    "id" : 73,
    "name" : "Formula Trainer #24 - N.Gonçalves Skin"
    },

{
    "id" : 73,
    "name" : "Formula Trainer A #24 - N.Gonçalves Skin"
    },
    Probably the "c"-letter with the small hook below. Please let me know if this kind of report is helpful (in case this special c was not intended), otherwise I have to look into my parser code :) Keep up the good work!

15. Sami Viljanen

Sami Viljanen New Member

Hmm ok so it means that also everyone who joins as client connection matters as data is shared peer-to-peer?

16. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tbh, now 1.4 has dropped it's showing that the mp side of ams2 needs some dev focus to bring it up to the same level. Netcode for me over the past few days of playing certainly feels and looks much improved, but with my issue particualry it ticks people off after spending 15 mins in quali for a good grid position and then for the server to decide "your names not on the list, your not getting in" and kicking a few out.

It's not a dig at reiza at all, gotta commend them for bringing the game up to it's current standards...just have a look at the mp side once you've took a breather. :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Kro

Yes exactly.

18. Merlin Cooper

Merlin Cooper New Member

Might have overlooked it - but is there some information available what are the hardware requirements for a dedicated server? I assume that‘ not very demanding with regard to CPU because mostly acting as a data Relais station. Therefore I would be interested in a number what bandwidth per connected user will be required.

19. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

There has been a change in the damage scale definition in the server files : "Changed Damage Scale option to use predefined levels instead of percentages". How do we now implement the scale? Do we just use High-Med-Low without brackets in the json file instead of the former percentage entry?

20. Shriukan

They have enums which you can check in the api/list page on the admin panel.
    But basically "DamageScale" is now 0 for Default/Medium, 1 for Low, 2 for Medium, 3 for High and 4 for Max.

• Like Like x 2