1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is all we have.
    Desktop Screenshot 2023.01.30 - 13.52.53.78.jpg when testing the 'advance session' with just me on the server it worked (my tests) then when the other players were on it did nothing, and like you said it must have redirected me because it sends me to a blank page ...

2. GeekyDeaks

GeekyDeaks Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah ok, so that is what I am seeing on the old status page. I also had trouble using that button even when I was the only person in the session as it was somewhat inconsistent. We are planning on running a test after the racing tonight to see if the alternative approach works even with multiple people in the session.

I have managed to go back through the majority of the posts in this thread and interestingly (well, at least to me), betorobson already took this approach a while back and posted their code here pc2-ams2-ds-betorobson/ams2ds-pc2ds-betorobson/web_files_betorobson at main · betorobson/pc2-ams2-ds-betorobson. I didn't spot any posts about it not working, so fingers crossed....

• Like Like x 1
  3. GeekyDeaks

Hi @Kro - we did several tests this evening with just 3 of us in the session and the advance worked without an issue for all of us, both advancing correctly from practice to qualy and then to race as well as allowing anyone who didn't click 'ready' in the race to return back to the grid. I'm going to see if I can run another test during an actual event on Thursday with a larger number of drivers in the session.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, I'm thinking of downloading the Dedicated server through steam just to have a look at its functionality. I only have the one machine, I know theres no benifit to runing dedi and client on same machine, but i expect I can run both without any problems? I do with RF2, worksd fine!

I want to just open it up and run it to see if there are more options availible to me me as the host than the ingame sever has, like having the option to kick a client without a vote, advance to next session when ever I want, restart a race and so on. Is it worth having a look do folks think, or is it only the same functions as ingame, just a dedi?? Cheers!

5. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

yes,yes and yes

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Cheers mate, that sounds very encouraging!!!

7. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, defintely worth it, it also allows you to switch from a single class to multiclass race without needing to restart the server, one thing you still need to keep in mind is how many people you want to allow in your server, as for example 30 people limits the choice in tracks, as not every track has that amount of pitboxes.

8. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roy Niessink

The ams2 dedi server doesnt need much, as its basically still using the peer 2 peer system, so that would be sufficient i would say

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. GeekyDeaks

Hi all... I'm trying to work out what the following flag does:

Code:
    {
       "value" : 268435456,
       "name" : "PIT_STOP_ERRORS_ALLOWED"
    },
    I have tried a few tests and not noticed anything when pitting..... I'm also struggling to find anything when searching....

11. Robert Gerke

Please help: Which settings are good for a stable and warp free server? Does lowering these values help for the latency?
    Which settings would be the best, even if CPU-usage heavy?

// Delay between server ticks in milliseconds, when not hosting and when hosting a game, respectively.
    // Lower values will make the server more responsible and decrease latency by a bit at the expense of higher CPU usage.
    sleepWaiting : 50
    sleepActive : 10

12. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

Which file/s do I need to edit to add a welcome message when players enter the lobby?

13. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

pit stop errors add a random chance that some parts of the pitstop may take longer simulating an issue with the wheel nut on the tyre change for example.

lua_config\sms_motd_config.json

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Robert Gerke

No one a Idea? :)

15. Roy Niessink

i dont think changing those settings has a huge effect on decreasing the warping, biggest issue is that ams2 uses a peer to peer system, even when you use a dedi server, which means its as good as its weakest link. if there is one person in there with a high ping, they can/will affect everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SoulMaTriX

SoulMaTriX New Member

I have a hard time searching this forum, so sorry if this has been covered. I am having a problem getting a multiple class dedicated server working properly. I am not using any of the lua scripts. I am not fluent with dedicated servers, especially with AMS and rFactor. I have no issues operating AC or ACC DS. Thank you for the help. - SM

Settings:
    // Whether the server controls the vehicle class selection. (0/1)
    // Flag FORCE_SAME_VEHICLE_CLASS (1024) should be also set for this to make sense.
    "ServerControlsVehicleClass" : 1, "Not sure what to do here"

// Whether the server controls car individual vehicle selection. (0/1)
    // Flag FORCE_IDENTICAL_VEHICLES (2) should be also set for this to make sense.
    "ServerControlsVehicle" : 1, "Not sure what to do here"

// Race flags - bitfield consisting of many flags. Add flag values to get overall number required here.
    // See /api/list/flags/session in HTTP API for the full list. (-1610087912)
    "Flags" : -1991637768, "Forced Multi Class is a flag. Force same class and vehicle are not flags that were added together. (allow custom setup, force realistic driving aids, abs allowed, sc allowed, tcs allowed, force multi vehicle class, fill session with ai, auto start engine, password protected, wait for race ready input, pit speed limiter, cool down lap)"

// Grid size & number of slots reserved for players. Remaining will be populated with AI. 32 is the max setting.
    "GridSize" : 30,
    "MaxPlayers" : 6,

// TRACK. See /api/list/tracks/ in HTTP API.
    "TrackId" : -1239363445,

// VEHICLE CLASS. See /api/list/vehicle_classes/ in HTTP API. "I did add each class here, but this could be wrong"
    "VehicleClassId" : 1342781418,
    "VehicleClassId" : 1559064669,
    "VehicleClassId" : 1754258698,
    "VehicleClassId" : 520250275,

// Multiple Class. "I also added them here, probably wrong."
    "MultiClassSlots" : 4,
    "MultiClassSlot1" : 520250275,
    "MultiClassSlot2" : 1754258698,
    "MultiClassSlot3" : 1559064669,
    "MultiClassSlot4" : 1342781418,

17. Roy Niessink

I personally would use the httpapi page to set this up, or run your server through a platform like JustRace.net, makes life a lot easier to set things up.

I would need to take a better look to answer your questions, not near a pc right now

• Like Like x 1
  18. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

Here is where I think the problem lies:
    // VEHICLE CLASS. See /api/list/vehicle_classes/ in HTTP API. "I did add each class here, but this could be wrong"
    "VehicleClassId" : 1342781418,
    "VehicleClassId" : 1559064669, X delete these 3 ID entries
    "VehicleClassId" : 1754258698, X
    "VehicleClassId" : 520250275, X

// Multiple Class. "I also added them here, probably wrong."
    "MultiClassSlots" : 4, change to 3
    "MultiClassSlot1" : 520250275,
    "MultiClassSlot2" : 1754258698,
    "MultiClassSlot3" : 1559064669,
    "MultiClassSlot4" : 1342781418,

Only enter one class id in the Vehicle Class entry.
    If you want to run another 3 classes, then add just the ones you want and nominate 3 Multiclass Slots.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SoulMaTriX

SoulMaTriX New Member

I have tried the HTTP before and it never worked properly. The game put F1 on a kart track! Thank you.

Thank you for responding. With these adjustments to the server file, as you outlined above, the only class available was from the VehicleClassId. The other MultiClassSlot (3) were not selectable prior to joining the server. I will comment out the VehicleClassId and see if the MultiClassSlot process works.

Update: Commenting out the VehicleCLassId seemed to be the proper thing to do. All is working with the selected classes. Thanks for the help!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
  20. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Something sounds amiss there and I suspect you might be getting that result due to some fail-safe validation on the client side. To have a multiclass race VehicleClassId should still be set, it's the equivilent of the player vehicle selection on the client side, then the addtional class required set via the MultiClassSlots and MultiClassSlotX fields.

If you were not getting multiclass with those settings applied double check your flags setting. FORCE_IDENTICAL_VEHICLES, FORCE_SAME_VEHICLE_CLASS, and FORCE_MULTI_VEHICLE_CLASS, are the key items of note.