1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. Thiago Lorena

Thiago Lorena New Member

Hmmm ok, tks.

2. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

Hi Roy, I'm interested in this information as well ... it would save me some some research time. :D

3. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

You should probably open a ticket with Emperor servers about this. Those guys are very responsive.

4. Wanderkroete

Wanderkroete New Member

Before I dig deeply into this can somebody confirm that it is possible to host that server when I only have a public ipv6 address? My public ipv4 address is shared with my whole town/neighborhood. In the past I've been trying for very long to get a dedicated Assetto Corsa server running but I eventually found out, that their server isn't able to listen to incoming connections from ipv6. Although the required ports are open and ping-able from the outside.

I downloaded the dedicated server files for AMS2 (on steam) and when I start it, the command window comes up and it shows my (shared) public ipv4 address only. So I fear I run into the same issue here. And... there is no workaround for this on the side of my internet provider (which is Vodafone Cable in Germany)

5. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

I never managed to get it working over ipv6 alone. It could be related to how my provider handles it, but I gave up.
    You can change most ports to you liking on ipv4, but afaik you're stuck with 8766 for Steam.
    Upnp might work but strongly recommend you DON'T use it ;)

6. Wanderkroete

Wanderkroete New Member

Thank you... Well the ports aren't the problem. It is just that there is no way to route anything on my public ipv4 address to me. And it is not only that I tried something else (for the Assetto Corsa Server) (forgot the name) where I basically rented a DNS entry thingy, that would forward a static public ipv4 to my (dynamic) ipv6. But when the client/server communication just does not support that conversion at some point, it just won't work. It did work when you just pinged this public ipv4 address.

It ended with my racing buddy renting a Linux server somewhere and put it on there. Probably what we're going to do here.

7. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

I'm afraid that's the only solution :(
    I do feel bad for you and your town/neigbourhood ... most African countries have a better infrastructure than you guys :p

8. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

Hey,

why not just expose those ids in dedi api/list? just mark them as "not usable for server settings" or something like that. Without those ids I can't do proper multiclass on racecraft.online.

9. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Can you port forward to your IPv4 private IP from the shared IPv4 public IP? It's usually a setting on the router hosting the public IP.

10. yeetpatrol

yeetpatrol New Member

I've started an open source website Unofficial AMS2 Server Docs to cover existing AMS2 Dedicated IDs and for changelogs for reasons you've mentioned. Changelogs aren't generating automatically yet, but I'll be finishing it soon.

11. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you got any plans to add mod cars/classes to that list?

12. francescosala

francescosala New Member

excuse me. it's possible to create an entry list like others games for create a championship?

13. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

So is it fixed already? Just checked and 'api/session/status?members&attributes' returns regular car id's for LD variants.

So we don't need to worry about car variants ids from outside 'api/list' anymore?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
  14. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

no, you can't
    If you want to restrict to a certain amount of people you'll have to use a password.
    Also its not possible to assign liveries. People have to select the correct car and livery by themthelves

15. Roy Niessink

you can use the whitelist option, so people with the steamid's provided in that list can only join, no password needed then, but you can't assign cars/liveries to them.

and ofcourse as @Wolfgang Herold already mentioned, a password can be set as well

16. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

i never played arround with whitelist.
    Can you edit it while the DS is running or do you have to restart the server after

17. Roy Niessink

you need to edit it before the server starts, or restart it to become effective

18. darys006

darys006 New Member

Hey Folks - recently started receiving this error: 0xc0000409 after V1.5.6.1 update.

Error occurs on server launch and event launch with no difference.

Have confirmed through SteamCMD that dedicated server client is up to date.

For additional info I am utilizing Penguin Server's AMS Server Manager V1.3.0 and their support pointed me here.

What should be my next steps in troubleshooting?

TIA!

19. Florent.Neron

Florent.Neron New Member

Hello every body,
    Can you tell me why user are removing sometimes of my dedi server ? My windows server is good, it's a steam mistake ?

Message from server : [2024-04-06 13:58:36] INFO: Removing user xxxxxxxxx(steamID) (Name) at index 0, refId 37696, admin 1 - with reason 1

20. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The dedi isn't removing them form the game. Reason 1 is when the player chooses to leave. The dedi is then removing the player from its internal data, notifiying the steam lobby etc