1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 is on the way up

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Hangon, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Hangon

Hangon New Member

After been one of the lucky ones to snag a 3080 vid card I was eager to try it out in all the sims I drive eg: AMS2 ,RF2,Raceroom,Iracing. And after driving them all, AMS2 is the most immersive sim in VR (looks damn good on triples too!) bar none!! I'm now able to do 120% SS /all options on full and still retain almost a constant 80fps(I run index at 80htz in all sims) even in rain and night!!! I fired up Pcars2 to see how that ran now , and thought i would do the same track car/combo(that both had identical), i picked the Porsche Cayman GT4 at Nordschleife and did exactly the same settings eg: start at 3pm with 25% time scale ,weather starts clear ,going to rain ,and then back clear, with the lap going into night . After doing that you can see how much Rieza has come already with the madness engine. AMS2 may still retain some of the pc2 things in game eg:menu structure/online menu , but the driving ,feel of the car is "miles" ahead! The sound is way better..especially from the outside trailing camera. If Reiza is reading this , this is coming from a customer who when originally bought the Simulator(i rather call it that than game) was going to return it, but could not since i had just over 2 hours in steam use. I'm sure glad I did not , as I really think this Sim is going to be a peice of driving art once reiza has had the time to polish it. Kudos to you Rieza.. i will be buying all your DLC as I'm enjoying everything about this Sim. Have a great christmas and very much looking forward to the following year with AMS2 !!

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Nice.
    Sounds like a positive worthy U tube video in the making!
    With 25th December looming good marketing essential.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Agree fully about the driving/car behaviour in AMS2.:)

4. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree. I am now quickly jumping between ams2, acc and raceroom and even though ams2 is not so polished yet, the driving and racing itself in my favourite cars is slowly getting the best of all 3 sims with ams2 getting more and more of my time. Unexpectedly also in terms of sound ams2 is getting my most favourite. Thank you Reiza and all the best for 2021!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What I love about AMS 2 is that is seems to improve every month. Ok. The last few months weren't the best, but lastest patch seems to improved things, like FFB. It's so amazing. Keep it up, Reiza! The sky is the limit. <3

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. chonk

chonk New Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1