AMS2 Modding Support Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding, 3rd Party Apps & Tools' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 20, 2023.

Tags:
  1. WhJone

    WhJone New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2025
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Sounds like a classic works in single player but not replicated online issue.
     
    Last edited: May 22, 2026
  2. Roy Niessink

    Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2020
    Messages:
    1,921
    Likes Received:
    954
    they do see it, because it cycles through your light settings, on/high beam/off in quick succession and ends in the state it started with, so this works the same in multiplayer as it does in singleplayer.

    Check the pinned post in the reactions:

    "IMPORTANT!! At this point in game other players can't see you flashing the high beams, so I'd suggest to bind the main headlights for flashing instead. I was told that just after I released the video"
     
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ace

    Ace Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2024
    Messages:
    578
    Likes Received:
    763
    Thank you, then I have to check my Simhub binding for that again. Last time I used it my friends in the same race told me they couldn't see my flashing
     
    • Like Like x 2
  4. no_name_yet

    no_name_yet Member

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2025
    Messages:
    32
    Likes Received:
    18
    I love the new XML overwrite parameters that affect both AI and player cars.
    Just wondering—would it be possible to add overwrites for driver names and car reliability as well? about "name" I don't think I'm the only one who wants to drive as an actual driver on the grid.

    about "reliability" It would also be great for career scenarios. For example, after moving from a team with excellent reliability, I might actually want to experience the frustration of driving for a team with poor reliability—much like Fernando Alonso did for large parts of his career.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Roy Niessink

    Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2020
    Messages:
    1,921
    Likes Received:
    954
    You can always change your name ingame to whoever you want to be in your profile settings, your steam name is only used in multiplayer/time trial mode
     
    • Like Like x 2
  6. DaveLew

    DaveLew Active Member

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2023
    Messages:
    105
    Likes Received:
    110
    Honestly for this one you could just change your in game profile name temporarily. It's one extra little thing to do, but definitely works.

    Edit: didn't realise I'd already been beaten to the punch... Soz
     
    • Like Like x 3
  7. no_name_yet

    no_name_yet Member

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2025
    Messages:
    32
    Likes Received:
    18
    Yeah, I used to do that too, but changing the driver name and nationality for every championship or race gets a bit tedious—especially since I switch drivers between GTP, GT3, F1(x4), and F-USA.

    That's why I was wondering if driver names could be overwritten through the XML file, just like some of the other parameters. Still, thanks for letting me know.
     
  8. ColRH7

    ColRH7 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2026
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have absolutely no experience on blender, can I request someone make a track? I went to the Indycar race in DC last weekend and it looks like a fun track for the Formula USA car.

    Edit: Sorry, did not realize I was asking for such a huge undertaking, literally know nothing about the process, I thought it was something that could be done in a couple minutes, not the labor of love it actually is. Guess Ill set to learning blender and make it when I have time.
     
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2026
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. F_B

    F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2016
    Messages:
    1,015
    Likes Received:
    973
    You do realize that track modding is an insane amount of work, right? Well-known track modders like LilSki or Fat-Alfie have probably spent several months, if not years, working on their tracks for Assetto Corsa. Ultimately, it’s always a labor of love because the work is rarely paid for (unless people donate money, etc.). What you’re asking for would essentially be a commissioned project, and you probably wouldn’t have that kind of money. Above all, you’re asking for a street circuit, which is on a completely different level than a regular racetrack without so many objects outside the actual track.

    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more tracks for AMS2, and I'd be thrilled if talented modders came up with some. I also saw a recap of the Indycar race and would love to have that track, too. But street circuits, in particular, are incredibly time-consuming to produce.
     
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2026
    • Agree Agree x 7
  10. Ricky Richards

    Ricky Richards Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2025
    Messages:
    143
    Likes Received:
    33
    How much of a task is to produce a new skin for an existing track, like a sponsor mod?

    So no new buildings, just open e.g. the bridge in Brands Hatch and put a 20th century style Daily Express logo over the existing modern one. i'm thinking something more like like historically compatible rather than historically accurate.
     
  11. Ace

    Ace Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2024
    Messages:
    578
    Likes Received:
    763
    The issue is that you aren't able to share that. You will have decrypt the pak file for the track, replace the texture and repack it, but since the repacked will will contain tons of files that are Reizas property you can't upload it anywhere legally.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ricky Richards

    Ricky Richards Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2025
    Messages:
    143
    Likes Received:
    33
    Ok, gotcha.
     
  13. Dud

    Dud Member

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2022
    Messages:
    72
    Likes Received:
    15
    Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this question.

    Do the new car performance parameters in the custom AI files affect the player car in practice mode, as well as in a race weekend?
     
  14. Matt Byers

    Matt Byers New Member AMS2 Club Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2016
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    4
    @Dave Stephenson
    Hi guys, apologies up front if i'm posting this in the wrong area. I am working on an engineering app for the sim and had a couple ?s regarding the v14 shared memory. For context:
    In a controlled V14 capture while stationary in the pit stall with AMS2 automatically holding the brake, mBrake remains exactly 1.0 while mUnfilteredBrake remains exactly 0.0. When I select first gear and automatic pit braking releases, both immediately return to 0.0. During subsequent manual brake inputs the two values track identically.

    Does this indicate that mUnfilteredBrake represents player/controller brake input prior to game-side intervention, while mBrake represents the processed/effective brake command after AMS2 input/automation logic?

    If possible, could you clarify:
    • Is mUnfilteredBrake the raw driver/controller brake input?
    • What processing, filtering, calibration, assists, or vehicle logic is reflected in mBrake?
    • Are either of these values affected by ABS or other driving aids?
    • Is this contract stable for Shared Memory V14?
    I’m not asking about brake pressure at the wheels/calipers, only the driver input/request represented by the shared-memory fields.

    Thanks!
     
  15. Dave Stephenson

    Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2016
    Messages:
    1,104
    Likes Received:
    1,858
    @Matt Byers

    1) When under player control, unfiltered are the incoming normalised values to the physics engine from the Input system with dead-zone, sensitivity, etc applied.

    2) mBake is the brake level actually passed into the braking systems and will typically be the same as the unfiltered value under most circumstances except when it's forced to 0 or 1 by holding on the grid or pit box, launch control is active, etc.

    3) mBrake and mThrottle can both be affected directly by the braking help driving assist.

    4) The interface is stable and I've committed to keeping it that way for backwards compatibility with pcars tools. It does get extensions from time to time but new items are added to the end so any releases you make that are relying on the binary layout being in tact or using the V14 header should still work without change. (version number will increment)

    We may decide to clean things up and rearrange some bits in there at some point but at that stage I will introduce a new file and new mode selectable in game, along with a secondary version so consumers can identify not just if there is a new version but if it also contained a breaking change.
     
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2026
  16. Matt Byers

    Matt Byers New Member AMS2 Club Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2016
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    4
    @Dave Stephenson Thank you for taking the time to clear that up for me! Much appreciated.
     
    • Like Like x 1

Share This Page