1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Modding Support Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Does anyone know how to apply Driver suit liveries to the mods? I'm trying to override the pit crew as well to match but i think this is one for Reiza to tackle.is this in the works?

2. cazsan

cazsan New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sure it has been asked / covered already but can we consider having a way for servers to host mod files ( that could have been signed by Reiza, kind a approval process) and to let the client to download it while accessing the server/session?
    That would be really easier to manage the mods

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Servers with mods is already possible

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

no it isn't.
    if you want to create a dedicated server with a preconfigured list of tracks and cars, no way.
    Mods currently have to be added by the host when creating a session on the DS.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marc Bolger

Marc Bolger New Member

Last edited: Jun 24, 2023
  6. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I also gave up on mods a while back but deleted them all, verified the installation in Steam and started fresh. Then along came AMS2 CM and it made things a lot easier. Now you don't even need to worry about updates, you just need to re-run AMS2 CM after an update and everything (in general) just works. If you keep the total classes under 91 everything seems to work fine in multi-class racing too (I installed everything available at first and while it's available to drive all 107 or so classes, you can't select them all in multi-class racing).

Again, with CM, it's extremely easy to swap mods around. If it won't work in CM I don't use it. Luckily even custom AI and liveries are compatible, so it's easy to swap those too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Wolfgang Herold

quoting an older message w/o own input?
    WHY???? Makes no sense.

8. Wolfgang Herold

ah, is. edited.

9. Wincup31

Wincup31 New Member

Hello, Mr Renato Simioni, I am not a mod creator but a mod user. I come to point out to you that it is not possible to use the modded cars in the same race in multiclass with the car of the original game. I would just like to have a reason for this and to know if this can be fixed in the future because it is particularly unfortunate not to be able to use these mods of very high quality in multiclass with the vehicles present in the original game as well as their DLCs. Thank you very much for your answer and I really wish that Automobilista 2 becomes a very great simulation. Good luck for the rest of the development ;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Wincup31

Wincup31 New Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wincup31

Wincup31 New Member

Hello, I come to you because I can't find any answer to my question, indeed I pointed it out earlier that it was unfortunately not possible to use cars from mods in multi-class races with cars of the game. A modder answered me "that it was necessary to decompress all the cars of the game so that it works correctly". To be honest, I didn't understand anything... A solution according to you? Do you think this is from the current game version, could this be fixed in the future? Thank you for your attention.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
  12. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought this was the English based part of the forum...:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Wolfgang Herold

Currently there is no direct mod support like in other games like e.g RF2 or AC. So you should understand, that modding in the current version is nothing that is supported by the devs, its a hack, made to make it possible to use additional content. That why not everything will work as intended. Madness engine is not modfriendly by design.
    Renato promised to open the game to the modders, but that hasn't really started by now.
    There is no known timeline, so we will see what futur e will bring and have to be patient.
    Thank god there are great coders who found a backdoor :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How many mods have you got installed, as there seems to be a limit in car classes the game can take

15. Wincup31

Wincup31 New Member

Thank you for your reply. Well in fact, to be precise, a mod that includes GT3, FIAGT1, Group C, ferrari 488 challenge, Ferrari 355 challenge, clio cup, group 5, Group C, Ford GTLM GTE, and Lamborghini huracan supertrofeo.

16. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

On va effectivement continuer en anglais, tout le monde n'a pas la chance de faire parti de l'élite française :whistle::D
    So mod support is not effective right now, questions about mods and multiclass has nothing to do with the base game. Btw, I don't see any reason for not having the possibility to use mods and OG cars in multiclass, I often do it without any problem. If you can't, either it's a bad manipulation on your end, or it's a problem of the mod itself and you have to ask the modder.

About the decompression or not of mods archives, this is something that has changed with the Content Manager: before AMS2CM you had to use JSGME, and all archives had to be decompressed and placed inside the "MODS" folder. Now, you have to download the mod, and the packed archive in .zip, .7zip or .rar has to be put inside the "MODS/enabled" folder, and you just have to run the CM which will install everything.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wincup31

Wincup31 New Member

So if, for example, I put a board with GT3s from the mod, with the GTEs from the expansion and the P1, P2, only the GT3s from the mod will appear on the multiclass grid.

18. Wincup31

Wincup31 New Member

Sorry for the french... For the installation of the mod it is indeed the way I proceeded with AMS2CM. Well I think there is no miracle cure is there?

19. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ask the modder, it should be possible to run original game cars and mods in multiclass

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Deejot_976

Deejot_976 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Einigen Foren zufolge scheint die Anzahl der in AMS2 vorhandenen Klassen begrenzt zu sein (92), das Problem rührt von vornherein daher Anwort von ThunderFlash Mods :)