1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 needs more mid range Modern Formula cars

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Josh Naipaul, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Stop saying that :p

Seriously, nobody is asking for a decade's worth of touring cars. But 6 Classic GTs is better than 4 Classic GTs is better than 2 Classsic GTs. Adding one or two cars to currently small classes like Group C (2 cars) or GT1 (three cars) should be doable (and is planned with the Nissans).

I think what most people are asking for is adding more to classes GT3 where there is a big diverse roster of cars in real life.

Oh, and what AMS2 really needs, is more [INSERT CARS THAT ARE MY PERSONAL FAVOURITE].

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll go the other way around and say what AMS2 really needs is to get rid of all GT4 and GT3 cars!

The more dislikes and disagrees this post gets, the more boring these cars are!

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm disagreeing this post, but just to agree with you that they are boring! :p

4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

And I am disagreeing because it made me laugh.

5. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I disagree because I agree that they are boring :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well people are asking for that and many other things, which is why 80% of threads on the forum these days are wishlist threads (or non-wishlist threads being turned into wishlist threads). In reality Reiza couldn't care less what people post in these threads, they have their own plan for adding cars that apparently includes a fictional Copa Truck and a GT3 car that ran three races in 2017 British GT series.

It has been ages since new officially licensed manufacturers were added and Reiza seem to be completely constrained in this aspect, which is why we're likely to see more "fictional" (but reality-based) open-wheelers than we are the first Nissan or Aston-Martin.

7. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

More Brazilian stuff. I like the Brazilian stuff. They have excellent racing. No wonder there have been so many great racing drivers from Brazil.

And give me back my Hot Car Competicoes Bardahl Stock Car. I want to drive it in VR!

I'm looking forward to the Brazilian Heroes DLC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. RacingAtHome

RacingAtHome New Member

I wouldn't mind some F4/modern F3 content. The classic F3 cars are fine but they're not the modern variety. rFactor 2 added the Tatuus cars and it would be nice to see them in AMS2 and the Dallara F317 or F320 and I'd be happy. Could even go full Road to Indy with Indy Lights and Indy Pro 2000.

Maybe even a Formula Reiza 2 based on a GP2/11 or Formula Ultimate 2 based on the F2/18 as somebody else suggested.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

In addition to F4, F3, and F2 and so on, which make sense to me not only for fun, but as the path to F1, I wouldn't mind some 1970s Formula Vee and Formula Ford.

Not as glamorous as the higher levels, perhaps, but lots of fun! :)

10. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

GT3 and GT4 cars are pretty much wrapped up in ACC....and done better with more support for endurance racing and so on. But I think the GT cars are in there because they make up the Brazilian Endurance series. They are still very good in AMS2 of course.
    I love AMS2 for all other content though, and I fully agree that more open wheelers would be welcome. With oval racing coming on board, even a NASCAR type model would be brilliant.
    Reiza could focus on IMSA if they wanted to expand into a GT3 type offering to rival ACC in this area, but the risk is you are fighting for the same patch that ACC has sewn up already.

AMS2's strengths is the quality of other cars they have out there, all content is superb and the physics are great.