1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 not detecting all wheel buttons

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Kridedude, Dec 18, 2023.

1. mklengel

mklengel New Member

Same problem with my Ascher Racing F64 V3 wheel.
    Frustrating.

2. Kridedude

Kridedude New Member

I wonder if Reiza does something about this or if they even can?

3. mklengel

mklengel New Member

I‘ve developed a workaround for my F64 V3: for every input/button (e.g. paddles, buttons, knobs) I‘ve configured the corresponding AMS2 keyboard shortcut in SimHub. The challenge is to take care that these keyboard shortcuts are not used in every other sim (AC, ACC etc.) which communicates with SimHub. I‘ve tested this with the paddles and it works.

BTW: my second Ascher Racing B24L-SC wheel works without this workaround, most likely because of the lower input count of 24.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
  4. Kridedude

Kridedude New Member

Yeah, the F28-SC v2 I had before worked fine too.

I'm not really into workarounds but might have to if Reiza won't/can't do anything about it.
    High input count wheels are getting more and more popular, at least in high end sim racing. And so far all the other games has worked fine with these inputs except for AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe that the 32 button limit is a function of Windows Direct Input. This is why, if you open the Windows USB Game Controller app, you will only be shown 32 buttons. Some games are stuck with this limit ( Elite Dangerous is a well known one )
    There are other input modules that can be used and support more buttons. Interestingly, my DD2 with the formula wheel has more than 32 buttons and I can use them all, though they do get miss identified in AMS2 as POV buttons.

6. mklengel

mklengel New Member

I wish Reiza would solve the problem.
    In the meantime I removed all keyboard shortcuts in ACC (my main sim) and used these shortcuts in AMS2 and mapped the buttons to these shortcuts in SimHub. It works but I don’t like workarounds.

7. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

I just got rid of my DD1, but didnt it show up as 2 separate controllers in Windows? I think that was how it worked in AMS2.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Shark

Shark New Member

Chiming in with the same issue on a Fanatec podium rally module. Has less inputs than the formula v2 wheel which is fully detected. Center encoder and right thumb stick d-pad are not detected on the rally. Problem relegated to AMS2 only.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am using MOZA R16, and if I choose the fanatec preset, button 33 on my moza steering wheel will also be prompted with "invalid input", everything else is fine.:D
    Of course, buttons over 100 cannot be recognized by AMS1 and AMS2.

10. RodentYell

RodentYell New Member

I have the R16 as well don't think the bases and wheels have been added to AMS2 yet.

11. Loupus

Loupus New Member

I'm using SimHub's Control Mapper and it seems AMS2 has a limit of 64 buttons.

12. MediocreAtBest

MediocreAtBest New Member

It's so frustrating getting modern hardware (just got a Asetek Forte set up) and configuring it was such a &^%^&*%'! time sink. I don't even care if all the buttons aren't supported at least allow me to interact with the UI as standard. :(