1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2: The ‘Not-a-Priority Things to Fix’ List

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. John Caetano

John Caetano Member

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but I really REALLY need to see the flags waiving on the side of the track . This title is the best VR title and this little feature is breaking immersion big time for me when we don't have flags waving around the track.

MP updates for LFM support would be great too.

Thank you for bringing lots of enjoyment to my life :)

EDIT
    Crap, I just realized this probably belongs in the feature request thread...

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Eclipsed830

Eclipsed830 New Member

Shouldn't the newer F1 cars have an "overtake" button that switches the ERS deployment to attack/quali mode?

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would like to at least see the chequered flag!

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. From33to77

From33to77 New Member

It might be just a nitpick, maybe it's not possible to do it : larger grid available on some tracks. Why not 32 for all tracks?

Monaco : 24
    Classic spielberg : 20
    Classic Kyalami 25

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Marg

Marg Active Member

Yes, at least 26 for me (F-classic slots). Spielberg seems quite large, should be enough places on pitlane.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. CiaranC94

CiaranC94 New Member

I wanted to create a 1983 season in Championship mode, but I had to drop Spielberg because of the car limit. :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Steve Young

Steve Young Active Member

Please the option to throw the middle finger, or 2

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

This would be the "Boost" button... Press that and it goes into quali mode...

9. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Spielberg needs more than just a 20 driver limit.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Scar666

A lot of tracks need a higher limit.. Even Indy needs more...

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Steve Young

Steve Young Active Member

field of 66 cars, For the 24 Hour Spa Race. might need a better video card. But that would be nice

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Paintable rims or the ability to change the color (for some cars up to three are possible right now, would be nice to have much more cars)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Simple request: It would be nice if, for online races, the "ready time" before the race starts is 1 minute instead of 2 minutes.

Second simple request: It would also be nice if people could join until the moment that the race really starts instead of ~4-5 minutes before the qualification fully ends(because it's 2 minutes until end of qualification, then 2-3 minutes extra depending on the track, so even 7 minutes before the race actually starts).

The people that join the lobby could get added to the last position of the grid. This would imo gain a lot popularity for the online races. In AC/ACC people can also always join(even during the race in most cases, but I don't prefer this). This really generates online popularity for sure.

Why? Because I think that a lot of sim racers launch AMS2 and then find a nice public lobby that they try to join, then it tells them 2-1 minutes left for qualification; they try to join it and get disappointed because it's impossible to join that race in that case.

Result: Because there are no other lobby's available(or they have the same issue), they chose to quit and return to AC/ACC etc. In general people are impatient, and there's not a valid reason that they are not able to join so they get irritated. Because some people simply don't care if they start at the end of the grid, they just want to have a nice online race.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Scar666

Ready time should be an option for the host... 30 seconds to 5 minutes should be a decent range for it... As some leagues will leave it hanging on the end of qualy screen for a while for a bathroom break before the race starts... Which as with anything in the madness engine could cause issues...

However I think I'm not a fan of the idea of changing the current set up for the end of qualy... Drivers who haven't driven the car/track combination have a higher chance of T1 incidents, even if it's just not something they were racing in their last drive... The current need to get into with a couple of minutes to spare allows the driver to get at least one lap in before the session ends... Whilst annoying for when I really wanted to drive a combination and it appears as if there's time left to enter it... I'd rather the other drivers have some experience on track before the race...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Eclipsed830

Eclipsed830 New Member

That is how it works in AC, but in AMS2 the boost button does nothing for me. Doesn't change the mode to quali, doesn't give me any additional power, and doesn't take away any power from the battery. The loading screen also states the F1 car doesn't have the boost button active.

16. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A option for leagues is great of course, but let's set the default on 1 minute so that public lobby's won't suffer from it. Now ~95% of the drivers always ready within 30 seconds or something... and those drivers always need to wait ~1 minutes 30 seconds until the rest of the drivers click on Ready (and they don't, they get bounced to the pit after 1 minute 30 seconds). It simply wasted time, in 1 minute or indeed even 30 seconds everyone can do what they want, it's enough time.

"The current need to get into with a couple of minutes to spare allows the driver to get at least one lap in before the session ends... "

Most people that join in the last 2-5 mins don't qualify at all. They just wait in the pit until the race starts. I think the benefit of losing less online players and giving all people that want to race/want to join the lobby a chance is bigger then the risk of a T1 crash. Because: if they cannot drive the car then, they also cannot drive it after driving one short lap...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

The F-Classic turbo cars need to have an adjustable boost setting, and a maximum race boost setting, that’s around 30/40% less than the 90-100% maximum pressure that’s used in qualifying.

Then, related to the race boost level, there needs to be an adjustable boost from within the car, where max race boost would be around 60-70% of the qualifying maximum(100%), as you shouldn’t be able to do a full race distance on full boost.

Having to pick your boost level before the race and then stick to it throughout the whole race, isn’t ideal.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ilfanterock

Ilfanterock New Member

Tyre Scuffing Visual Effect like iRacing and F1 by Codemaster would be very immersive.

"new tyres are shiny and then slowly became matte inside because of tyre wear"

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

It's possible by modding the game. :(

20. PaulA

PaulA Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I never knew this!