1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2: The ‘Not-a-Priority Things to Fix’ List

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Possible by modding the game... And those files aren't in hex code, just plain text and are similar to veh files just with the information for all teams, tyres, dirt and livery overrides...

Also means it's possible for the devs to accomplish... Same goes for windows in and out and other cool tidbits...

Given that the Reiza team has so many areas to focus on it might be worthwhile for them to assign or hire someone to go through and add those missing features for the livery overrides...

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Edit: wrong thread
    (Should’ve removed it a bit earlier maybe)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Scar666

Depends on if you like the sound of an all electric motor or not...

For me it's very reminiscent of the diesel hybrid Audi prototypes just without the low hum of the diesel... And as a fan of evolving technology I enjoy where it's going...

Otherwise Formula E has had far more proper racing in a single race than F1 has seen over entire seasons...

Formula E is very much like how F1 was in the 80s but everyone has much closer performance... You want to make the most of the energy you have to burn and be fast when it matters at the end... No different to how Prost would win all of those races by making the most of the fuel he had on board... Or how Dixon would win out on fuel strategy in Indycar...

Driving them in sims is always a complete hoot because of the way electric cars are superior to petrol or diesel powered cars, the immediate torque is insane and the lack of any lag in it's application make it a very different experience than any ICE engine...

BTW the Inmotion is a lot of fun...

4. Racinglegend1234

I posted it in the wrong thread

5. Scar666

Maybe we should ask for more electric cars as a "Not a priority to fix" thing then?

I didn't notice the thread with the notification... lol

6. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

Replay cameras! I know that Madness engine is limited in terms of replay options but camera placement on most tracks is at its best mediocre. Some tracks have terrible camera placements which result in car following while car is already behind some barrier (e.g. Last corner at Indianapolis). It is really pitty when you have such complex vehicle models but you cannot properly enjoy their dynamics after the race.

• Agree Agree x 9
  7. Marg

Marg Active Member

I agree, there should also alternate TV2 cameras available. But too much often wrong TV camera is used. Also - why there is not rear bumper camera? All onboard cameras are front looking.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. SpeedraceHaydo

SpeedraceHaydo New Member

9. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Not necessarily a thing to fix, but the fictitious liveries for the newer cars, especially the Nissans, are so great, they look fantastic and also like they could have really been used on the cars which makes many of the older made-up liveries on cars in the same class look bad in my opinion.
    So I hope some time these older liveries can be updated to have the same level of quality as the more recent ones, which are in absolutely great.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DFG22

DFG22 New Member

In an online race going into the pause menu needs to stop FFB like other games.

As it is right now if your in the menu adjusting something etc and someone hits you/FFB from a bumps is just plain dangerous.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. IronManAB78

IronManAB78 Member

In helmet view with depth of field enabled the windscreen (dirt, rain drops) remain sharp all the time.

12. fish998

fish998 New Member

A few things I'd like fixed-
    The duplicate replay bug. When you load a replay, the sim will often start saving it again straight after it's finished loading it, and you end up with 2 replays of the same race.
    AI front wheels in multiplayer. There's a multiplayer bug where the AI are driving straight but their front wheels are at full lock left or right.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Racinglegend1234

14. TKracer

TKracer Member

Would love a ingame image in the track selection.

Not everyone is so hardcore to remember layouts and names of all tracks lol.

a image says a thousand words you know :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Kartcross numbers are wrong, there's no way a kartcross is 700kg, minimum weight I believe is arround 420kg with driver. I think the car's weight in game is fine, just the numbers showing are incorrect I believe.

16. Racinglegend1234

CrossCar/Crosskart | RallyX

17. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Tubular Space frame Structure combined with high performance composite plastic exterior body.
    • CDS roll cage.
    • Dimensions: Length: 2600mm. Width: 1600mm. Wheelbase: 2100mm.
    • Weight: 420kg minimum with driver included.

18. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

Running specific number of laps races ex.10 lap race, race starts but lap counter doesn't change from 0 to 1. Therefore the race ends on lap 9 instead of 10. It doesn't happen all of the time but it's tricky when it does when I've forgotten to check the lap counter on the first lap. Here comes the end of lap 9 and suddenly the race is finished.

19. diggital-vf1

diggital-vf1 New Member

Multiplayer verbesserungen!
    Hallo zusammen
    Wenn man einen Server im Spiel erstellt und alle Parameter gesetzt hat. Und auch einen Namen für das Multiplayerspiel gespeichert hat. Gäbe es so manches dass man für eine vereinfachte Bedienung anpassen oder hinzufügen könnte.
    1. Nach beenden der Multiplayersession nicht zur allg. Serverliste sondern in die eigene Server Lobby zurückkehren.
    2. Im modus Training / Quali: einen session Überspringen button hinzufügen.
    3. Eine Auswahlliste nach drücken: Neuen Server erstellen: die meine schon einmal gespeicherten Multiplayer spiele zum wieder Aktivieren auflistet.
    4. Wenn es geht: den Zurück - button im Menu auf die rechte Seite verlegen zur Untermenu auswahl.

Ansonsten macht der Multiplayer Modus viel Spass. Danke für die tolle Arbeit bei AMS2

20. David Vickery

David Vickery Member AMS2 Club Member

I've searched this thread, but can't find my niggle. It's been a long-time problem, since PC2.

In multiplayer, opponents (AI and Real) car wheels are often on full lock while going in a straight line. It really breaks immersion for me and is one of those things that critics will always point out.