1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2: The ‘Not-a-Priority Things to Fix’ List

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

I've long thought this, including way back in the pc1 and 2 days. A "same as setup" in the part where you choose the tire pressure would keep it simple and easy to understand.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I loved the ‘ask the engineer’ option in PC1 & 2 also.
    Over time, you learn to know what to adjust, but it was a cool feature.

3. Deejot_976

Deejot_976 New Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed that when the cockpit mirror is turned off, the rear view camera is gone.Why I tried this out is because the original rearview mirror is very pixelated even under ultra settings of the graphics settings. I just noticed now. Why the Gen2 gt3 doesn't have a rear view camera. ;);););)

4. Gianmarco Fiduci

Gianmarco Fiduci Member

I don't know if this can be considered a Non-priority but I'll try my luck.
    The Cadillac LMdH is missing the fins on the roof.

Caddy Fins.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Member

Don't know if this has been mention but: in single player the safety car is counted as a competitor, so for example if I chose 21 AI cars to race against and I put in the fastest lap, instead of saying I'm 1st out of 22 cars it says I'm 1st out of 23 cars.
    The safety car is obviously not racing so shouldn't be counted as a competitor.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Daytona Nascar Tri-Oval layout has "Turns - 3" in it's description for more than a year now.
    It has in fact 4 turns, just like every other existing oval besides Pocono.
    20240102150630_1.jpg
    Daytona-2022.png

7. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's some exciting counting :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. pr07

pr07 Member

The AI always keep the same speed on rolling starts, which means that whoever is on the inside on the final corner will gain a few positions and start in front of where they actually qualified. Maybe Reiza could make it like in ACC where the car automatically brakes if you try to overtake anyone before the green flag.

9. twistking

twistking Member

i'm missing the option to control AI aggression when using the dedicated server tool.

10. twistking

twistking Member

It would be nice if car numbers / driver numbers would be independent from the liveries and could be chosen by the player. In MP players could set a favorite number, but would get assigned another one, if their favorite was already taken.
    Driver numbers could then be also be shown in the lobby screen and help with identification and communication.

11. twistking

twistking Member

At this point, it's just a suspicion, but i feel that in MP driver speed rating is disproportionally affected when doing multi-class races with similar performance classes. For example driving GTE and loosing against a GT3 seems to give a very big penalty, even though the classes perform similar on certain tracks.
    I don't know the exact math behind the current driver rating implementation, but it seems to exagerate class performance difference when calculating Elo points.

12. TheMagicJaaag

TheMagicJaaag Member

Hi, I'm not sure if these have been suggested previously but "here we go" as Fabriziano Romano would say.

Not every single AI driver rushing out onto the track at the same time at the start of a qualifying session - This is something that happens in Rfactor 1 and AC as well, but older F1 games going as far back as the PS1 games or even F1C you had AI drivers coming out of the pits at different times, which results in less traffic on track.

Ability to save custom race formats - I did a race at Le Mans earlier using the Group C cars and the Thunderflash Group C and LMP900 cars and I'd like to be able to save the presets withouth having to reset everything if I wish to do a race with the F Classic cars etc, resetting the pit lane speet limits and rules, timing etc.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Marg

Marg Active Member

Actually it's OK for me, because qualifying session in my champs is 10 minutes. As far as I can remember, in rFactor there was another problem - in shorter qualifying sessions some AI did not leave pits in time, so not showing any lap time at all. And then - happened, what fortunately AMS2 does not have, pressing END SESSION, those AI were put in front of the grid, just generating some "lap time", very bad and annoying bug (AMS2 puts such AI logically - at the end of the grid). And also I see good thing in some slower cars messing up leaders lap times, it creates more unpredictability in qualifying times (as in real life there are complaints from drivers).

• Like Like x 1
  14. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

For ai qualifying, I now set it to ‘Private Session’, where everyone is on track as normal, but you don’t see them and they don’t see you or each other, so no car interferes with another and you get a pure qualifying result, as everyone does clean unobstructed laps.

• Like Like x 2
  15. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

If it the engine allows it, I think we can make the night darker. The full moon illumination at night is a really, really nice touch, even back in the pc2 days I was like "wow that's pretty". But when there's no moon, I think it can be darker. Without headlights you can still see in front of you just fine.

And especially because, unlike pc2, actually, that reflective shaders all around the LeMans track, for instance, lose their impact when it's bright out. Also darker will make it scarier. And scarier is better :D

Last edited: Jan 15, 2024
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. kludger

kludger New Member

It's the same on my Asetek DD Forte wheel, some of the buttons are not recognized by AMS2 unless the Asetek software puts the wheel into a special "legacy" mode where it actually creates 2 separate windows controllers so that AMS2 can recognize all the buttons.
    AMS2 is the only modern sim I have that has this problem recognizing more than 30 buttons, hopefully this will be something fixed eventually.

17. Florian Langner

Florian Langner New Member

Two things I would really like to see are:

#1 When creating an online lobby, different settings are always applied. This is very annoying if you have to change and control all entries every time.
    Is it possible to add a feature where you can create and save your own lobby setup?

#2 I race in an ultra realistic motion simric with 32" triple, button boxes and window nets that move while driving :)
    What bothers me a lot is when vehicles already have integrated windownet and what's even more frightening with a triple screen setup are those ears from the seats that you see unnecessarily. To increase the immersion, I ask if it is possible to add a function to disable the cockpit parts. Just as it works fantastically with the steering wheel and the driver's arms. That's really great...

Reiza you make a very good job... thanks

18. Cliff

Cliff Member

Cockpit light dimming. Currently there is none and it's very distracting for VR users.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Sirius360

Sirius360 Member AMS2 Club Member

Totally agree! With all the endurance content in the game and coming up, I think this should be higher on the priority list.

20. Mking

Mking New Member

First of all, thank you for the work on Ams2. We now have a super good basis with physics. but please change the priority to multiplayer mode. The software has huge potential to become the best of all the best. a small list of priorities for me:
    Multiplayer code and Function (join as Spectate) like to other sims
    Replay system (UI) jump to time... Menu (ui)

Perhaps an overview of these functions and their current status would be desirable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1