1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2: The ‘Not-a-Priority Things to Fix’ List

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

no change!
    I deleted controler-profile, did a firmware update with the new thrustmaster package, set the steering range to 900°.
    Still the same!
    Example:
    with the karts, +/-90° steering, but I can rotate completely without any change in FFB.
    If I rotate 180° to the right (kart steering goes 90° to the right) and take my hands off, the wheel goes back (with the menu spring rate) to the 90° position of the kart's steering position.
    The ingame FFB setting is as followed: FFB.jpg

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

So, it is just the soft bump stop at the end of the steering range that is not working? The rotation itself works as expected-- steering wheel in game stops at the appropriate spot (eg., +/- 90° on the karts) and your wheel matches the rotation? If so, report in the bug report thread, but I am surprised if it is working for others with the same wheel. That should be a simple software compatibility issue.

3. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Right! There is no stop of MY REAL WHEEL. The in-game car wheel stops correctly (+/-90° for karts, +/-200° (or so) for F1 cars, and so on).
    OK, I report it as a bug. Thanks!

4. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

When setting up session.
    Default start time should be set to start in daylight ie 12.00 hrs not midnight 00.00
    My fault I know if I miss changing it but any daytime would be better.

Still hitting pit wall at several tracks whilst under ai.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

SPARKS! ⚡️✨
    Primarily for the Formula Classic cars, I’d love to see authentic-looking sparks being struck up at high speeds. Perhaps they could be aligned to when the car floor scrapes along the ground.

It would make for spectacular viewing from the cockpit, when towing up behind a rival, to get a face full of sparks.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Does it not default to whatever option you set it to (i.e., it is a set-once-and-forget setting)?

7. Maser V6

In single player yes it does.
    In multi I believe it will inherit the last lobby you joined, if they set no P for instance. then this is were you inherit default of midnight.

8. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I think that when stability control is 100% on (not the "authentic" option) the correction effect is a bit exaggerated, like if someone was driving the car for me. Anyone else has the same impression? Now it is certainly better than it was on the first beta version, but I wish it could be a little more natural and progressive.

9. Maser V6

No assist here for me and all sims Authentic only
    I did start a session a long tome ago after update and did not realise braking and steering assists was on, the thing was so undriveable I reported it as a bug and posted vid to show how bad it was. It would brake so bad it would spin the car around, and brake for you when you turned steering.
    EDIT should have my glasses on!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  10. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I see, Maser. But I'm referring to stability control, not steering assist. I don't use braking and steering assists either. I agree that when they are on, the driving experience becomes very bad.

11. Maser V6

Ha sorry my bad eyesight! no I cant comment on stability control, I have not tried it but if its anything like the others probably not so good at high level `as you say

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Sparks are coming as a post from Reiza on Twitter said ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Screenshot_20200731-202257_Twitter.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Windscreen rain effects like in this video for AC shader patch.

Looks soo good, 0:45s in :cool:

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

How about displaying the a year for the cars in the car select screen?

Especially with the historical content and cars that are supposed to be "representative of an era" rather than licensed reproductions of specific cars, it would be easier to find out what the cars are supposed to be if you included what year the car is from.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Call me a pedant, but the game really needs to lose the full stops (periods if you’re American) out of all the screen titles.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tyre puctures. You can wear out 100% of the tyre and they will not puncture (at least the formulas I've tested).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. roylan101

roylan101 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Please allow us to "force" triple screens. We need a way to fix distortion on the sides on 32:9 displays. Easiest way is to just allow triple screen adjustment where you set to 400mm screens and 13 degree angle just like in ACC and iracing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Have you tried forcing triple screens in the triplescreen.xml file in your AMS2 documents folder, I'm sure there's an option that is default set to false.

20. roylan101

roylan101 New Member AMS2 Club Member

I just tried that, didn't do anything. I set all the properties in the xml file, and they are not reflected in the triple screen settings. I now see the option for 3 screens in game, but I cant change any of the numbers. They all show as zero, even though I changed them in the xml file. I also tried jumping into a car and racing, but it still looks distorted. I also cant lower my fov under 65, which I would need to do if I had triples (I believe FOV is divided by 3 for triples). Also enabletriplescreen keeps going back to false after I exit the game.

• Agree Agree x 1