1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2: The ‘Not-a-Priority Things to Fix’ List

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ability to turn off chosen HUD messages.. I don't need to know whenever someone joins or exits a server or when someone does a fastest lap in qualy.. Useless info and distracting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

I thought this could already be done in the HUD editor.

3. Coanda

As far as I can tell HUD messages can only be moved and not switched off like the regular HUD elements. Also the join/exit messages are not even an option to move them..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

ah, ok, just thought I seen an option to modify messages but wasn't sure.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Koala63

Koala63 Member

Right now I would pay good money for a DLC that removed Fanatec track-side advertising.

I pre-ordered paid for a Fanatec CSW bundle over at the beginning of July. I forked out more money than I've ever paid for anything I couldn't road register or sleep in. When I paid, the Availability Date was advertised as before the end of July. Its now been rolled back to September 17. All without a word of explanation. A visit to the Fanatec Forum is a truly scary experience. Their customer service is at least as bad as their kit is (allegedly) good. They continue to advertise pre-order bundles as available to new customers a month before I've been told my existing order will be available.

In the meantime, my entry level wheel is literally falling apart. I can't complain about Thrustmaster... my little TMX has raced to the moon and back. But its now rubbish, and it makes me crash... often.

My two favourite tracks, Brands and Bathrust, are just bloody littered with Fanatec billboards. Its ridiculous! And I keep smacking into them because I can't get a better wheel!!! And I've got months to wait. Crashing into Clubsport advertising is just adding insult to injury.

Please Rieza... moderate the saturation Fanatec Advertising, or help me get my bundle sooner.

;)

PS Thanks for a great sim!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wet weather. Visually it isn't great with those strange swirling clouds at ground level. Physics would be more important. It seems like it disproportionately impacts front grip in some of the cars I've tried. The F Vee losses a fair bit of front end grip in a storm but the rear remains overly planted. There are videos that show sudden snap oversteer and spin in high speed corners in the wet IRL but in game there is only mild oversteer in slower corners. It seems like wet weather is too forgiving. Also there seems to be a disconnect between visual and physical wetness when conditions change, particularly with accelerated time. I had the rain effect on my visor long before I saw any rain or wetness on track with 2x changing from dry to wet.

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That
    That sounds like another case of fanatec doing a cash grab, I was under the impression they were stopping pre-orders now until they filled the current orders.
    Their customer support still has not improved on the forums, it is horrendous. The only other customer support I reckon I have seen as bad as theirs is from dodgy companies trying to scam people.
    I feel for the two guys on there trying to help people as they surely can't keep up with it all. They say a fish rots from the head down......

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's right, in light, middle and also in heavy rain, it's too much, especially if there is no sun. If it's raining with some sun rays, then it makes sense because of some fog which will appear. But ATM it's feeling like a horror film with some spooky clouds and fog (i.e. The Fog :))

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Try to make a Pit Stop to see if your Pit Crew turned in to Zombies..... :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. alink

oh, sometimes they really look like this:
    fog-april-21.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Coanda

+ Lateral seat position adjustment. P2 sigma is off center which can not be corrected..

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. alink

Instead of using too much words just an simple but clear icon / symbol + max. one word which appears.
    When driving it's hard to read the whole message and it does distract. Also the information is not relevant. If time is cancelled than it is as it is. I don't need the information why....
    Also I don't need any information why I should pass the cars behind me and what will happen if I don't let them pass after I overtook them due to short cutting. Just a warning symbol, that's it. Makes it so much more easier! message.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Coanda

This kind of goes with my request to turn off certain messages.. If that is implemented and once the race engineer audio is working I would switch off this text/symbol. My race engineer could let me know that lap is toast..

14. Micropitt

This lap....the next lap....and the laps you take in the next 3 month are Invalid :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd like the chat messages to be persistent across an event. Often someone ill post something but if on track you won't be able to read it at the time.
    Even in the pits if you setup the car and go back, the chat is cleared. Hopefully an easy one to fix and would work well wit the filtering being suggested above to maintain relevant communications.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. alink

The sound when scratching along a wall or an armco sounds too much like in an action game and fits better to something like 'Need For Speed'.
    A muffled hit and scratching sound fits better than this terrible squeaking.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Micropitt

You mean the screaming noise when you scratch along the guardrails? The one that makes your teeth hurt and reminds you of your last dentist visit? :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. alink

exactly right!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

Can we get rid of the Kers/push to pass in the classic turbo F1 cars. It is a bit of a gimmick this once a lap boost.What we actually need is adjustable boost - up/down in the cockpit in the cars that actually had it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Can you show us a list of what boost options existed in different years? Would be very helpful. For instance, in some years, the boost was a Q session option, but not in race (or at least different settings were allowed). It will take time to program all those subtleties. A definitive list of what was allowed and when would be great.