1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 - User Livery Overrides

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Rob Thompson, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Looking good...

Have you tried using a chrome on that gold?

Chromes don't work on the Porsche 926c so it might not be activated yet, but it's worth a try...

2. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Thanks ! I tested Chrome but so far haven't been able to achieve good results, probably because i still need to learn better implementation. Next on my to-do list are the uniforms so maybe once that rolls around then the Allison livery will be improved further.

3. Scar666

Try RGBs of 147,124,66 on the paint file and 213,190,123 on the spec file for a Gold chrome...

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. KRRTDustin

KRRTDustin Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Albon has had a great Helmet last Season. It should be finished tomorrow. The next Helmet would be the one of Bottas. ss094856.jpg ss094850.jpg

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  5. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Scar666 how the hell did you get that metallic effect? Can you upload me a screenshot of the Spec and Fresnel DDS? I try to create this effect with light blue. but I can't get it to work.
    which baselivery do you use for it? Everything looks about the same to me, except when I use the "Chrome" baselivery. No idea what I'm doing wrong there. The desired effect would be blue metallic matte.

6. Scar666

It's exactly the same process as Matte...

Mercedes3.png

Use the alpha channel to create transparency where you want the Metallic effect to take place... No need for spec or fresnel files unless you are altering the base colour of the shine from red, blue, green or silver... Like I did with the Team Modena cars for my Formula V12 mod which that Mercedes is a hidden extra livery for...

As for the BaseLivery option... It's a hidden one that doesn't work on all cars and isn't on any _dist.xml files to my knowledge... You'll know it doesn't work because the livery defaults to red...

SilverMetallic

But for what you are describing you might want to try the BlueMetallic option as that gives a blue metallic... I used the spec file to create a more purple tone to the Team Modena cars... And it's on the _dist.xml files for most cars now so is more likely to work on the car you are working on...

[​IMG]

Take a look at my Formula V12 mod to see exactly what I did with the files, it's available on RD below...

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. WarmRed

Hey thanks for your information will try again today.
    How do you process the alpha channel. with black and white or do you also use gray tones. With the spec files you mean that you put color in there to make it shine in the color tone.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scar666

It depends on what program I am using, I use mainly paint.net where I use a layer and select the areas I want metallic and then fill that layer with a transparent colour... In the Team Modena's case the base colour is a dark blue...

In GIMP I lock the RGB channels and edit the alpha channel directly after I have created the paint file and selected the areas I want to be metallic/matte, then use the erase tool to create the transparent areas...

I think in photoshop the process is similar to GIMP but you use a fully black for transparent but it could be fully white, either way the grey inbetween will give you different levels of the effect...

This is only if the Base livery blue, red, green or silver doesn't do what I want it to do in the first place... But basically you are correct, where you have the transparent area for the metallic effect you will want to put the different colour on the corresponding area on your spec file to create a different shine...

In the Team Modena case where it's transparent in the paint file the spec file has a light purple colour... And always remember if you are editing the shine it has to be lighter on the spec file and darker on the paint file than what you want... Although it's not as extreme as with a chrome effect...

• Like Like x 2
  9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

We don't need a helmet, we just want Woody! :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
  10. TomLehockySVK

Testing some more modern Nascar liveries with the Brazil Stock Cars.
    5468.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. deCarrera

deCarrera Member

Shared some skins for the VRC Auriel 90 on Race Department. Since there are no other GTOs in AMS 2 yet I'm thinking of adding some liveries of it's 1989 competitors to the pack.

VRC Auriel 90 GTO livery pack

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. TomLehockySVK

You mean that you stole someone's work and uploaded it without their permission first ?

13. deCarrera

deCarrera Member

Dude re-read the description before firing your shots. I gave them full credit for their work and have received permission from Madhat in the past. I don't have a Patreon and don't ask for donations like so many do. I've simply given their work a wider audience and given more exposure to VRC's great Auriel 90 mod.

14. Lennart Groessl

Lennart Groessl New Member AMS2 Club Member

Ian ( Ken Block livery ) has stated that he doesn't want other people porting his liveries to other games so I really don't see how giving credit does anything.

Not to mention the fact that you didn't even try contacting him personally..

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. deCarrera

deCarrera Member

I wasn't aware of that. I will remove it from the pack and re-uplaod it. My apologies to Ian.
    I was over zealous in including it given Ken Block's recent death.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
  16. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

oh man i like what i see. Yes contemporary liveries, current pilots... Nice work.
    Oh Reiza, bring us the modern and historic Nascar (even fictional like the Caper Monterey from Project Cars) we already have the artist for liveries...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. TomLehockySVK

Brazil Stock Cars 2021 - Modern Nascar Liveries.
    Progress so far:
    Dale Earnhardt Jr., Chase Elliott and Denny Hamlin
    Dale Earnhardt Jr., Chase Elliott, Denny Hamlin – kópia.jpg

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
  18. WarmRed

@Scar666 Thanks again for your help. Now I know why it never worked satisfactorily. The Blue/Green/Red Metallic shader only works reliably with very dark colors. With pastel colors the effect doesn't work well, or I haven't made it work yet.

here an attempt with dark colors
    1C322825-6C65-4B24-914B-0652BCD707C7.jpeg
    This is a work of mine for iRacing, which I also tried in AMS2. But such a bright blue does not work in AMS2.
    7B36AC45-ED5A-4BD8-AAC1-ABD719508AD0.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Benisreallycool

Benisreallycool New Member

Hey hey hey look at that its beautiful!!!!!!! Nice work Scar i just responded to you in the other thread!! If you have any interest working these into my WSC 1988 pack I would be thrilled and if you dont want to work together than you can have the mod lol you are far more talented than I!

Edit - I guess i didn't respond anywhere near where I thought.... This is in response to @Scar666 beautiful silk cut jag livery on the corvette GTP!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. TomLehockySVK

Brazil Stock Cars 2021 - Modern Nascar liveries, progress update:
    Ross Chastain, Joey Logano, Daniel Suárez
    Ross Chastain, Joey Logano, Daniel Suárez – kópia.jpg

• Like Like x 4