1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 v PC2 Graphics (ONLY)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Richard Chapman, Jan 22, 2022.

1. X-Vector

X-Vector New Member

My GPU is an R9 380, so AMD rather than Nvidia.
    I have tried several ReShade presets and I'm currently using one of the versions by "zodra" from Race Department which does help battle the blueness, but it's a blunt instrument that can't possibly remedy the overall look of the game.
    One possible reason for optimism is the fact that PC2 shows a different and IMO more appealing colour palette, but so far I haven't noticed any intent on Reiza's part to significantly alter the visual signature of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't forget, you can adjust your monitor color settings too :)
    Perhaps, AMD offers color control per game, like Nvidia does in the normal driver settings page.

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

The latest SSRTGI and such doesn't work with triple screens and non of that ALT F3 menu works in the beta!

• Like Like x 1
  4. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

not all games are supported as far as SSRTGI, Dynamic DOF and SSAO are concerned. I guess this is because the depth buffer isn't available to them. Which is the reason some reshade shaders are unusable in AMS 2.

As for the overlay menu and the standard filters it provides, you're not really missing anything. You can't do any meaningful correction there. It's just pre-baked filters. Reshade offers you far nicer options with much more control in terms of colour correction. Just a simple curves filter or dpx has essentially no overhead and is all that's needed to dial in tone.

Personally I don't really think, AMS 2 needs much if any correction.

• Informative Informative x 1