1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 vs AMS1 Physics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JS1, Aug 2, 2020.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

OK glad to hear that. The other name would also be a bit ... ahh weird :rolleyes:

ByTheWay: Yeah looking forward to what the next upd brings. I just hope that they dont make driving the F-Reiza easier :p

2. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you've slightly misunderstood this. He does prefer the empirical model, because that's the one he's most familiar with. In order for him to get anywhere near the same level of expertise with a physical model would be a massive undertaking and would take a lot of studying, and sometimes life's too short. He also said that no tyre model will give 100% accuracy, it's always a compromise.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@TShrimp Out of interest, with what in my post did you disagree? :)

4. BrunoB

Just a warning @Jug :p
    Im now 3rd - and without too much bragging :whistle: maybe inside what we could call The Alien Window. :eek:

Hehe but I was so sweaty afterwards that I had to take a bath.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Fear no aliens when my Millennium Falcon is just 0:00.409 parsecs behind the world record and 0:00.212 at your six.

It was just a Sunday morning stretch... not bad for a car that I don't use to drive in a track that is not my specialty:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. BrunoB

Hehe if I was in my sarcastic mood I would say that you allready are preparing a kind of excuse beforehand for your upcomming LB laptime.;)
    But Im ofcourse not in that mood and would never be so nasty :D - so I will just say that Im strongly looking forward to see what you can do when you really strap your virtual safety helmet and grab your wheel in our challenging BrandsHatch/F-Reiza combi.

ThumbsUp :p

7. BrunoB

Respect @Jugulador
    I just saw your laptime on the LB.:confused:
    You are pretty fast - eventhough this is not your normal car.:eek:

Hehe Im glad I didnt brag too much about my speed and expertice in this car.:rolleyes:
    Because Im not so sure anymore of the winner of our "private" challenge here.
    That I can hold you behind me - I mean.o_O

But ok I havent given up yet - and by mobilising all my driving skills I got now up to 2nd position on LB.

ByTheWay: I needed again to go to bath afterwards.:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jugulador

[​IMG]

Get faster, because I can found at least a half second out of my laptime without change my actual car setup. And I didn't even begin my suspension settings, yet;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Jugulador

Hey momy... gotta a (another) world record!

[​IMG]

No, mate... you're 3rd

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. psone

psone Guest

Do you not think you've derailed this thread a bit too much lads?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. BrunoB

Yeah and I admit that is soo terrible :(
    But I promise it will never happen again - because I can see now that we are blocking for so many urgent posts.

ByTheWay: @Jugulador congrats! :mad:. But I will try to fight back. Eventhough Im not completely sure I will be able to :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jugulador

We did some science here... I put some hours doing a physics stress test on AMS2 to prove that the car is behaving as it should have (but have some physics glitch while stopped... it shackes randomly... don't affect the driving, but is awkward)... and didn't even charged Reiza for the test. You are all wellcome!

During this week I will try some suspensions and tires settings to bring this car's lap to under 1 minute... the car and track are the same to booth of us and if you put some effort there you can archive... use the Force, Luke!

• Like Like x 1
  13. BrunoB

Yeah this issue(bug?) have irritated me from the beginning.
    And as I recall this shaking wasnt in pCars2 - so it must be something Reiza have invented to entertain us. :rolleyes:

Conserning our little challenge - then I dont dare to answer you :(.
    Because of the original thread subject I mean.:whistle:
    But you dont have to go any faster - I mean at least for me you have proved what you are able to.
    You evil man :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

No mate, take a closer look at the Leaderboard now! :D

But you are right, the 1 minute mark is the magical barrier. But without mistakes, totally archieveable to break it.^^ (Fetch the setup, no clue if it fits you, but may be okay :) )
    20200811005035_1.jpg

So the results of the car behaviour on Brands in named problem-corners:
    The sudden understeer, like in Druids and Surtees happens due to wrong line and too high entry speed, btw. @BrunoB ...i experienced the same. (Similar things can happen in AMS1, to take this not toooo far off topic, but in AMS1, the braking gives more front bite, compared to AMS2, so the effect happens differently)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

When Crimson is first.. You know you better can sell your simrig and go farming in your garden.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The right stuff probably starts at something like 0.58:5xx....

To also keep this on topic:
    I drove HLs in AMS1 Formula cars of this kind, that were 1.5 seconds slower than the alien times on laptimes around 1:30.xxx.
    You can expect the same for AMS2, for the real fast guys. I'm actually pretty clumsy with high aero downforce cars whith a sloppy driving approach and the F-Reiza feels pretty similar to the AMS1 car it just locks a bit faster on the fronts and shifts less steering authority to the fronts under braking.

It's almost stupid, how fast such a type of car can drive. (Actually one of my favourites though even if being not that much into these high tech cars, the only flaw i find, is the same like AMS1...the nose and obstructed view on track :D )

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. BrunoB

Hahaha. That was a nasty one. :p
    And I couldnt stop laughting because eventhough its a pretty nasty one then it will probably urge Crimson to set a laptime even faster.
    If he can ;)

Conserning this then I will partly take my critique of this AMS2 midcorner issue back.:rolleyes:
    Because trying very hard to crush @Jugulador I realised that in the mentioned crucial Surtees corner I dont keep the throttle so steady as I thought.o_O
    I do both 2x downshift at the entrance and then eventhough I use the RPM limiter as a kind of throttle controller then I have realised that I ALSO slightly does modulate the throttle slightly getting the diff into the coast area.;)
    So eventhough I still think there is some kind of issue here then Im not so sure as before this challenge.
    And eventhough Im not refering to AMS1 vs AMS2 then I use this elegant way to rail the thread back to topic.:p

ByTheWay: You 2 guys - BrunoB have NOT given up:confused:

• Like Like x 2
  18. BrunoB

Cruel world.:mad:
    After checking the LB I concluded that its about time Reiza resets all LBs:(
    I mean after all the latest updates -and now the one we are waiting for today we can not rely on these ancient LBs.
    Right?:confused:

Do you hear me Reiza?;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Jugulador

I think my time can go beyond 1min with few setup adjustments, maybe some driving line improvements, but your time may still at first. After Sunday, I didn't played AMS2, both because Borderlands 3 being on free-play weekend (ends tomorrow) and new Reiza update for today. But I will put some more effort over it. Formula Reiza is not my favorite F1, but I'm having a very good and unexpected experience tuning it. Before this challenge I was starting to put some effort over the G55 (I still very green there), but I think that maybe FReiza could be a more interesting experience for now.

Topic wise: I don't believe that this challenge is "off topic" because one thing is people just declare that the simulation is or isn't good... other is to dive on it and try it's limits (or at least be close as you can). My weekend experience is just another proof that Reiza is doing it right. Everything I did to improve my time was based on real life experience and real theory. When a simulator responds correctly to real life knowledge and experience is because it's working fine.

• Like Like x 3
  20. JS1

JS1 New Member

ByTheWay: Yeah looking forward to what the next upd brings. I just hope that they dont make driving the F-Reiza easier :p[/QUOTE]

F-Reiza is way too easy to drive for someone with limited experience like myself---first time using the car on Brands Hatch(never used a F1 car on Brands Hatch ever) with only 4 laps in total and already in the top 15 with plenty of time up my sleeve---it is way too easy to handle and feels like an arcade game.(Edit now after around 12-15 laps top 10 without much effort---yep very much arcade like traction)

Now i'm not saying i could break the 1min barrier(with the amount of time i play) but i should be 6-7 seconds off the pace with only 4 laps of time trial that is for sure---i'm nowhere near as good as this game is making me feel.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1