1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anti aliasing

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by 2ndLastJedi, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero foxtochop Reiza Backer

I'm personally not a fan of TAA as I think it just makes any game worse. Put TAA in Assetto Competizione and look at that speed indicator in the car. It looks horrendus IMHO.

But I can understand that many people here are willing to give anything to get rid of shadow shimmering, and TAA will fix that for sure.

I'm not bothered at all by shimmering, nor it takes me out of the game experience. Hell, IMHO AMS1 graphics are more than okay, so shimmering is the least of my problems while playing any game.

So why not putting an extra option? TAA on/off (when ON, all other AA options are greyed)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Member Reiza Backer

Is the in-game Super Sampling in VR working?
    I've tried at 1.0 & 2.0 restarting the game each time and it made no visual improvents or impacted performance on my GPU.
    SteamVR SS tho is working fine and makes a noticeable difference.

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member Reiza Backer

I wonder how far along Reiza are with a better AA alternative? The shadows are the biggest distraction during the day but then at night the shimmer that comes of the rear of cars really ruins the night racing immersion :(
    This is just a bump really especially now we are getting double performance coming in the forum of Ampere from nVidia for a somewhat reasonable price I feel Reiza can go mad with some new AA "options". I say "options" because then people have the choice of cleaner image or more frames. At the moment even maxed out AA still looks poor.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1