1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any chance to have DLSS 2.0 in AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by RacingDenzel, May 31, 2020.

Tags:
  1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Traitor :D:p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I know but while AMS2 updates so often and still has some issues that drive me crazy i must also get my fix elsewhere, AMS2 is truly coming alone greatly but still i long for things only others can give.

3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just tested it and changed all kinds of settings
    The overlay says NIS works, I don't get any fps changes

To get benefits from NIS what should I do ?

Can I leave my desktop at 2560 x 1440 ?
    What resolution should I use in game, my normal 2560 x 1440 and NIS will do some magic with it ?
    And after that, must I play with the Sharpen slider to see what my benefits can be ?

4. chonk

chonk New Member AMS2 Club Member

@SaxOhare

You leave your desktop resolution at native.

With NIS enabled adds a number of new resolutions in game. You chose one of these and restart AMS 2 for the change to take affect.

If you have the NIS indicator enabled it will appear Blue when NIS is enabled but not active and Green when it is active.

If you look in geforce experience you can see what the different resolutions it expects are, you can select a setting there but it will only have a direct effect on certain games AMS 2 is not one of those.

The sharpening slider is just for sharpening nothing more. It helps to 'clean' up the image a little the lower in resolution you upscale from. In terms of resolution 85% and 77% are the sweet spots depending on your hardware and the framerate you're attempting to achieve. At 85% resolution about 10-20% sharpening is enough for me.

Edit:
    On my setup 1080ti at 3440 x 1440 and NIS set to 85% I get a 10-12% increase, 77% a 20% increase, 67% a 30% increase however below that diminishing returns kicks in and gains decrease sharply to the point where it's not worth the hit in image quality.

More Edit:
    If you try the above and it still isn't working for you, check that control panel is set up so scaling is performed on the gpu and not the display. Although I doubt NIS can be enabled with this set to display.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. SaxOhare

Where will I be able to Choose this 85%, can I actual choose 85% somewhere or is this done by choosing another resolution in game ?

6. chonk

They are values set by nvidia that correspond to the reduced resolutions made available in game when NIS is enabled. They are the equivalent of FSR quality settings.

The options 85% 77% 67% 59% and 50% these are percentages of you native resolution.

Like I said you can see the specific resolutions made available in geforce experience under NIS settings, but all you need to do is pick the corresponding resolution in game.

For you 85% of 2560 x 1440 should appear in game as 2176 x 1224 and so on and so on.

NIS automatically makes these new resolutions available. You just have to pick one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

id rather take FSR instead of DLSS, simply cuz nvidia is being a bitch about supporting only their newer cards while FSR works with any card...

• Like Like x 2
  8. F1Aussie

ACC?

• Like Like x 1
  9. SaxOhare

Thanks

Frame-rate boost is great,
    But is the quality better than with just a lower resolution without NSI ?
    I will test that tonight.

10. chonk

You're welcome.

Yes the image quality is better with it then it would be if you just set that resolution and let the gpu or display stretch it.

It also seems to provide a cleaner image than FSR. 85% looks almost identical to native, you can use icat to easily compare a set of test images. Pixel peeking a still image you'll notice the difference, but when driving I don't at all. 77% is quite useable as well, particularly in very wet conditions.

Obviously native resolution and monitor size will give different results 77% on a 34" 1440p monitor is going to look worse than 77% on 34" 2160p. Either way I think it's a great development, it's free fps for a minimal loss of IQ. Ideally it or FSR would be implemented in the game which would remove the weird artifacting that happens with the UI but overall I'm happy that we at least have this now.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 2ndLastJedi

Yeah but also AMS, AC, rF2 and R3E ;)

All this NIS talk makes me sad because surround doesn't support it, I may have to try again without surround and see if it works on triples without surround.
    Now that ACC has DLSS and FSR I wonder if that will put pressure on Reiza to at least add FSR to AMS2?

12. F1Aussie

Wow, you have too much time on your hands, lol. AC, rf2, R3e, barely put an hour on them in a couple of years. Keen to try out the big ACC update tonight though.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. 2ndLastJedi

I am retired with my kids all at school so while my Wife paints i sim race ;)
    Screenshot (56).png

• Like Like x 1
  14. chonk

@2ndLastJedi living the dream! :D

Has Renato ever mentioned FSR on the beta forum? Or anti aliasing solutions for that matter? I don't think there's ever been even a hint that something might change on that front in the near future. Would love to be wrong about this of course but graphics changes of that nature are probably low on the list.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 2ndLastJedi

Only mention I've got was back very early on in this thread i made, back in March 2020 but nothing ever came from it.
    Go to post 32 and 38 Anti aliasing

• Like Like x 1
  16. F1Aussie

What a great life that is then!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. 2ndLastJedi

Oh how I dislike that phrase :rolleyes: but yes, yes I am :D

18. 2ndLastJedi

Its not all roses and wine, my body is very broken and it was a forced retirement but I'm making it as good as it can be :) I'm breathing, the sun is shining and AMS2 is getting better every time i play it :D

19. chonk

duly noted! :D

Ok well, that's something at least, good to know there's been some discussion and potentially movement in that direction. thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  20. F1Aussie

Yes, I remember you saying at one stage, at least you can still enjoy the finer things in life

• Friendly Friendly x 1