any OSw user? with settings and help?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by rocafella1978, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

Edit:
    Never mind, changed my plans and will wait until OSW becomes really plug& play, or until Fanatec offers its planned DD wheel...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Spin

Spin Active Member

Rocafella, did any of my settings help?

I've felt something weird in AM, even in the SCE days, where it feels like the majority of the FFB forces are all compressed in the upper range and, from there, it clips early regardless of what the MaxForceAtSteeringRack is set to. It seems what helps this slightly is lowering the in-game overall FFB strength but this shouldn't happen since the only thing dicatating the range of forces should be MaxForceAtSteeringRack so it's really weird.

FFB forces just seem to ramp up too quickly too early into your steering application/turn-in and then they max-out early and feel like they clip. I also noticed this in rFactor 2 as-well (had to massively lower the FFB linearity AKA "Steering Torque Sensitivity" in rFactor 2 to help fix this). It makes me wonder if it has something general to do with the ISI physics engine because it's quite the coincidence that both games seem to exhibit this same FFB output/behavior.