1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone notice the player vehicle seems to have less top speed than the field?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SwaggerJacker, Aug 30, 2022.

1. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Even when drafting, the AI cars seem to pull away. All classes. My pedals are calibrated. This wasn't the case prior to the update.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Which car? with track? etc
    Also wrong sub-forum.

3. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I didn't notice that in the F309 or the Copa Montana.

AI have been recalibrated, maybe they got faster? How are your top speeds and lap times compared to before? Did you recalibrate your pedals both in the driver software and in game? I had to do that sometimes in the past with my modded Fanatec CSLs. Did you check that the pedal traces in the telemetry HUD actually go all the way up and there's no clutch being applied?

4. SwaggerJacker

It's gotten better. Ran some other classes and they were fine. Thanks for the feedback. I posted to see if it was just on my end or an update issue. Some are still balanced well. Not a deal breaker for sure. Pedals and telemetry are good. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Marc Bolger

Marc Bolger New Member

Hi I am a newbee. I was searching for this problem and found this. The F1 2 and 3 generation F1 or vintage F1, the whole field pulls away and before I know it I am 7 seconds behind. I use a game pad until I can afford a decent Fanatec or something to this degree. How did you get your car faster? Are you keeping up with the flow of traffic? I am not. I calibrated my gas pedal. Is it a gear set up or some sort of car set up? I am moving fast as hell too but the cars all pull away from me. Can someone advise me or help with what I need to know or what I am not doing right?

6. Marc Bolger

Marc Bolger New Member

Sir, can you please help me as I am new to the correct sub forum area? I have the same problem as the whole field just pulls away , it seems unplayable so I must be doing something wrong. I calibrated my PC xbox controller, I switched to manual transmission and have focused on shifting gears but on Daytona Oval my Gen 3 F1 just drops to last place about 7+ seconds behind and I'm moving 400K I'm moving fast but the pack goes out of sight?!

7. Marc Bolger

Marc Bolger New Member

I am quite impressed so much with this AMS 2 sim. I've made improvements and I think it's quite right to say that I need to invest in a Fanatec system or something in that same class. I'm taking my time and have much to learn. I hope to have much fun with this AMS2 program and I look so much forward to the Indy cars that are said to be released sometime, only time will tell.
    I hope there are vintage Indy cars much like the vintage F1s.
    I think seriously , I need to learn to set a car up as I lost wheels and broke wings and nose pieces off from breaking loose. A Fanatec would help I wonder? I've tried to search the fourm here on various subjects but I seem to come up empty no matter what I try to type in search. I read the advice from the good folks here that police the forum.
    Any direction to point or any advice or criticism , hopefully constructive ,is welcome.
    I have thick skin
    Thank you

8. SwaggerJacker

Hi. Check out the Moza R5 Bundle. I have the R9 and the GS Wheel. It's the Ants Pants! MOZA R5 Bundle | MOZA Sim Racing
    You definitely want to get a wheel and pedals as soon as you can. Really helps with immersion and lap times. Then again, some folks can outrace anyone with a controller. But really, check out the Moza bundle. You won't find a better deal anywhere.IMHO