Assessing Yearly Season Passes for AMS2 DLCs

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 28, 2023.

?
  1. YES

172 vote(s)
    83.9%
  2. NO

33 vote(s)
    16.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Very much subscribe to this idea, I would personally go for a season pass at the beggining of the year rather than having to buy individual DLCs.

2. Torrada

Torrada New Member

Yeah, I have not bought the 4 new dlcs yet hoping to see something like a new season pack. Since the new dlcs came in the end of the year (my wallet is crying from all the festivities) I had no problem skipping the dlcs for now and wait for a new season pack or a discount buy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

If I were not a Paddock Club member, I would definitely appreciate the option to purchase a new Season Pass. Reiza has always offered excellent value, and the Season Pass provides an opportunity to acquire a complete array of mods with a one-time purchase.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. wolfallein

wolfallein New Member

I didn't buy any DLCs launched after the 2022 pass because I'm waiting for the next Season pass, although I enjoyed the free period.

I'm not worried about future content. Honestly, I want to support Reiza so that they improve UI, give us options to bind wheel buttons for menu options, etc... and on top of that, I can play something different.

So, I would appreciate it if we get more info about when the next season pass will be announced.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Spinninggenius

Spinninggenius New Member

I'd be in favour of a season pass but it would need to launch at the start of the 'season' and ideally have a roadmap of what will be included. If it launched 'post season', I might have bought stuff individually and so the extra stuff for the season pass wouldn't be worth it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

As it stands at this moment, if I am not mistaken, there is no "Next Season Pass". I think the very purpose of this poll is to gauge interest in providing a new Season Pass.

As I recall, a vocal, discordant minority of whining Karens ("Where's my content?! I want to speak to Renato!) initially soured Reiza on the idea of offering another Season Pass. Who can blame them. Fortunately, Reiza is more gracious than that, and will probably--if not inevitably--offer yet another gift of value to the simracing public. I'm not sure exactly why any customer would be against the idea of a Season Pass, quite frankly, as it would always be better to have a greater number of purchasing options than fewer.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

Came back to say thanks for the reply! Reiza all you guys are doing such amazing work, you're making my little sim racing dreams come true. If it were easy it would have been done already and you guys are the closest anyone has come, honestly. Truly, again, taking what SMS built and perfecting it, so thank you!

Topic at hand, I don't know which option would make more money. Reiza deserves all the success, so whatever you choose I'll support. But I do still hold the safest, cleanest, most straight forward and to me the most important least stressful option is to go without the season pass, and people can buy the DLC as they are finished.

Ultimately, the haters gonna hate no matter what you do. I saw some people complaining about the LeMans DLC because it didn't include all the things they wanted.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
  8. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Where my apprehension lies is that all the evidence I've seen recently points to the same problem happening again. I mean look at LeMans for example, they didn't even miss their "deadline" before people started freaking out about it. I think that the core issue that caused Reiza to make the decision to stop Season passes is still alive and well.

If the thing that caused them to stop season passes is still there, why start it back up when all signs point to the same thing happening with people complaining about not getting x, y, or z as quickly as they want it? I just really struggle to see a different outcome happening.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

Exactly right.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

The problem for me is that AMS2 DLCs are very confusing, even if I read the forums and every single word Reiza posts.
    This article in Race Deparment is a perfect example of how confusing it is. The current strategy needs to be revised.

Automobilista 2 DLC Guide

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. SparksV

SparksV New Member

This sounds like a great compromise which I welcome. Eager to pick up the potential 2024 pass and future ones too.

One thing I'd suggest (which some already did) is please update each DLC and Season Pass descriptions on Steam. A lot of those have not been updated in a while which results in a lot of confusion for new customers.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. DaReaLDeviL

DaReaLDeviL www.RacePlace.de

I whould love to see the same Season Pass as before.

It should be then 2024-2025.

The reason behind this is that many of the buyers will return every new dlc becouse they bought it and try also out the new features/ffb/tracks and may stay easier on the game.

I think it whould be best to only buy 2 season passes and own all the game content till 2025.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Just as an update on this query for those who took the time to vote on it - first off thank you all for the input and constructive feedback provided on this thread. Despite the overwhelming support, for various reasons we´ve decided not to offer the 2023 Season Pass and have for the time being called off the idea for a 2024 Season Pass on Steam.

We have instead created new Bundle options on Steam that hopefully greatly simplifiy the paths that both new and old users alike need to take to complete their AMS2 collections.

Unfortunately this still fails to provide users with an option to secure future DLCs in advance - we´ll keep trying to come up with a less controversial option to satisfy that demand but for the time being acquring the new DLCs within these new bundles as the new items come out is the best we can offer.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

upload_2024-1-20_17-35-18.png

Now that's a good move. Keep it simple for those who want to buy a bundle while also allowing others to buy each DLC individually as they come out.
    Nice job!

15. Roldan

Roldan New Member

so the 15% off would be permanent or just for the introduction of the bundle?

16. Samanar

Samanar New Member

Will the bundle going to be updated going forward with new DLCs released in the future?

17. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Rhodos

Rhodos New Member

Great solution. Simple and effective. Thank you.

19. HER0

HER0 New Member

The all inclusive bundle is great. I am a little disappointed in the inability to have a simple option for future content, though.

To address this, what if there were something like a smaller version of the paddock club: a separate purchase (not on the Steam store) aimed at those who want to support development, and grants upcoming DLC within a certain limit (for the next year-ish?). Being separate from Steam means that it is less likely that any buy it without understanding what it means, since it isn't as easily accessed.

Maybe don't provide access to special forums, so as to keep the noise down there.

20. Ed Doherty

Ed Doherty New Member

My apologies if this is not the right place to post this question.
    I originally signed up as an early backer and I have a question regarding the Season Pass 2020-2022. Am I correct in thinking that the this particular season pass is included as part of the early backer content? I am unable to find any reference of it in my Steam content. If it is an included portion of the early backer content can I download it now without having to pay for it? Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.