1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Velocity scale and lfb slider scale help control the peak responses in a Logitech, at least for me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Give it a try ... let's take SPA (but we could do many other examples) and try to bring the Formula Ultimate with GAIN 65 LFB 50 and DP 55 (even if you lower them slightly it doesn't change) .... take the original Karsten file's Easter or rFuktor 3.2, also raise the velocity scale '... You tell me that you can make these curves without going into abundant clipping????:confused:
    I just tried this and the clipping is there!!!! At EauRouge, at Pouhon, at Stavelot, at Blanchimont... :(

The same although less so with the other FORMULA, with MCLAREN MP4/12, with the FORMULA REIZA, etc etc. ... I don't know the T300 so I can't know it but on Logitech I don't think so !!!

With the decrease only of the 3 resistancesHiDF (NO LoDF) in proportion I feel I have solved the overload and therefore the clipping on all cars with high aerodynamic downforce, without upsetting anything ... all the other cars are not necessary for correction ... personal opinion of course but the abundant RED bar in the telemetry is there!!!! ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  3. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I tested with a formula reiza on historical oval , and at 100% per car gain ( which I normally would not run on this ) it was very stiff at max load and while not quite going into red bar, it was maxing out white bar just about and didn’t feel good for the motor.
    then I did what you have done to reduce the tyre resistance and it helped and felt fine, but then when I went to a GT1 or other high performance Gt style car, the feeling wasn’t as good as normal throughout the range and wasn’t as linear in progression. that’s why I reverted back to standard. And just added some static force reduction to high downforce and that was enough to contain the peak force.

4. Stakanov

Here is where the difference in sensations lies ... I with my Logitech on the GT formula do not feel noticeable differences with the reduction of the resistances ... probably because even if with high downforce, they are a fraction of the Formula-style cars with enormous forces and therefore also if there is a reduction of the resistances I do not feel it as in the formula (obviously with higher tigtening, lfb and center) ... indeed I must say that the GT especially the 3 and 4 (but also the GT1) are among my favorite cars ... ;)

But ok the important thing is to have each found his solution :)

5. Stakanov

But i have a dubt ... @Karsten Hvidberg whitch car are definied or included with HighDownforce in your file??? And which are the car with LowDownforce??

Or is it the force generated on the moment that defines what function to use ???

6. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Yes, we have no way to know which car is used or how the flaps etc. are set up, so instead the downforce is calculated and if it's low it uses the low df values and vice versa.
    I hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Stakanov

So @Kuku Maddog ... it is not the car or the theoretical power that it releases to define which function to use ... but the force/downforce that is physically detected ... practically all cars start with the same 3 timing and with the 3 resistances in LOW. .. if they exceed a certain threshold they go into HIGH and this applies to all cars ... so this anomaly only on the GT3s you should not hear it as it is only an intensity on the HIGH level that applies to all cars above a certain threshold ;) ... of course the FIAT UNO will remain in LOW :D

And @Peter Stefani also the lfb_slider, if I am not mistaken it inflates or deflates the curve more or less quickly but does not raise or lower the start value and the maximum peak ;)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  8. Kuku Maddog

the issue I had when running different values between low and high tyre resistance, was that it created a inconsistent feel between different classes, the total weight changed , even at low load down the straight.

with the values equal the wheel feels consistent weight and resistance no matter if I’m driving a standard car , a GT or a Formula.
    The only difference is what you would expect as natural changes from one configuration to the next dependent on car.
    That consistent feeling helps to adapt to each car without feeling something is inherently wrong with set up or ffb setting.

I just believe there’s a better solution there somewhere in terms of limiting the max forces to fit within you wheel strength. you sort of need a compression or equaliser effect, to boost the low to mid forces while reducing overall peak gain to level that doesn’t exceed max volume of motor.

9. Stakanov

Nice discussion ... now I'm just afraid of what Karsten & Co might come up with in the near future :p:D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Karsten Hvidberg

As I read it the issue happens only on higher Lfb settings?

11. Kuku Maddog

I had a we spin in the new retro f1 on oval and despite turning per car gain way down i was still getting to strong peak force ( more than the F-reiza.) .
    so i put both my static reduction at 0.18 and it was much better.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stakanov

With Logitech wheel with this optimal value of Gain range 60-65, LFB range 45-50 with DP 45-55 (Power Stering) ... and using in your file high value of Tightening and Centering .... this condition is the best for Logitech and is all ok except the clipping in high DF ;)

EDIT: If you use Low LFB it is a little better but the steering wheel is no longer pleasant but empty and flaccid

13. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

Hi Guys, 1st post here after getting AMS2 on the steam sale a few days ago. The historic tracks like my home town of Adelaide drew me to this title and Im very impressed so far.
    I have a G29 and I'm wondering where the best place to start with adjusting the FFB? I see your settings above(FFB: CUSTOM 65-50-55-55 ) but this sentence doesnt make sense to me. "using in your file high value of Tightening and Centering".

is that something you adjust within the fuktor file? I'm used to working with the iracing app.ini file so any help is appreciated. Regards Benzaah

14. Kuku Maddog

Flaccid :eek:... horrible word lol.
    Maybe try increasing velocity scale , it may raise the needle ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Stakanov

It's just an adjective ... not a judgment on the file ;)... I repeat the easter for me it's perfect and i found my solution with minor resistance and raising the velocity scale a little as you say ... it doesn't seem like the solution to you find inconsistencies between the various cars that I do not feel ... I think we are discussing this ... if karsten can make you happy (without low the resistence) I am too :)

16. Karsten Hvidberg

Was the clipping issue on high df cars there for you in rFuktor 3.2 as well?
    Or introduced in the EasterFuktor?

17. Stakanov

Since version rFuctor 3.1 ... but for me is ok with low resistance ...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stakanov

it is a very long speech to deepen that you can in the last 4-5 pages of this forum ... you can start from karsten's original file ... or for the G29 or the low bands you can take the tuned versions from me, from Kuku or from Peter Stefani ... it is only your feeling that will decide ;)

19. Karsten Hvidberg

Ok, please try and change this line:
    (force_scale (blend (- 1 trail_scale) 1.3 0.8))
    to this:
    (force_scale (/ 0.286 centering))

You can also try changing this:
    (limit_high_df_scale1 (blend (max 0 (* (/ 1 0.7) (- gain 0.3))) 1 100))
    to:
    (limit_high_df_scale1 (blend (max 0 (* (/ 1 0.7) (- gain 0.3))) 1 200))

Does any of this help?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Stakanov

I'm away from home .... tonight I'm trying to reset the resistances to default and insert your change ... Thanks!!!

• Like Like x 1