1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

You know this slowing down phenomenon... I think there is something to it. Now I'm not quick by any stretch but sometimes I can run quite quickly but I changed to your new file this evening Stakanov and was 4 to 5 seconds off the pace running round at the back. I dunno... Maybe I was just crap tonight.. I'm gonna switch back to your precious file and try again tomorrow.

2. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[
    TO BE SURE, I REPLICATED THE TEST IN THE OVAL ... WITH SETTING DEFAULT AND CHANGING THE FFB PRESET FROM DEFAULT TO CUSTOM ... SAME RESULT BOTH AS ACCELERATION AND TOP SPEED ... NOT PROBLEM WITH FILE ...

3. Gazzawesty

Wow.. Cool man. Sorry for the feedback.

4. Stakanov

Try it too, it takes 2 minutes to verify it ... better 2 confirmations than one ;)

Edit: Sorry for CAPS is involuntary :(

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, please, as many people as possible test this and see if there are any patterns as to who/what/why.

6. Marc Collins

I just tried this using my older custom FFB file (not yours) and the brake problem remains at the back.

Very odd...as obviously as FFB script file of any description should not be affecting this. Can you confirm if it does the same thing on the other karts? I haven't documented the pattern, but several karts have the weird brake temp that is about -2 billion degrees. It usually shows red (overheated) at launch, but then if you do go into pits to get repairs, it will revert to stone cold blue (as you would expect when it is beyond frozen and should take a few weeks to warm up to ambient temps!!).

Of course we also need to know if this is unique to your modifications of if Karsten's files do this generally.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stakanov

Yes in the old files of Karsten there were no special settings on the karts ... it's not my modification, they have only recently been inserted ... if you take last Karsten's original it's the same and do the test you should replicate it ... i not modification this part ;)

8. Stakanov

In my opinion it is the game but it is obvious that you need to investigate ;) ... if you notice anomalies, also try to change the graphics settings and redo the tests .... for example once you change the asinotropic and try ... another time change a few medium to high voices (and vice versa) and you do it again ... if that happens we have some clue that might be game related

9. Gazzawesty

So.. Just done 5 laps time trial on Jac oval in my fave McGT3. First with the file I tried earlier and was 1.65 off top. Closed game.. Put in your previous file and am now 1.26 off top. It could just be I was better on my second go but I beat the first go on the first lap.

I'll try Donnington

10. Gazzawesty

I can't be messing with graphics man... I run a 580 in VR... It works well I ain't touching it

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Stakanov

Whatch only the max velocity ... it's normal drive differently ... and what is "my previous file" ... the comparison you have to do between the default and the last custom ... ;)

12. Marc Collins

OK, I just tried the latest EasterFuktor file and it did not affect the SuperKart brakes.

I am now going to go try it for what it is--too see how I like the FFB, but I guess you need to confirm if the standard file causes the issue on your end...

13. Gazzawesty

So I've just done Donnington and with the newest file knocked a tenth off.

So I dunno.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stakanov

I re-downloaded Karsten's original Easter file ... I just entered the modified values for the G920 without even changing the notes or anything else that is irrelevant ... I don't even write my name ... I load it into the game and text it ... wait a moment ;)

15. Gazzawesty

I don't use default. The fast? one i downloaded on the 4th and the latest I got today but I think you made it yesterday. I'm no expert on what ffb should feel like but your latest file is really good to drive.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Stakanov

Thanks mate ;) ... but we only have to understand if the physics changes between the default and the last custom and if yes this is a problem or of game or of file custom ... we are not referring to the ffb sensations or which is better .... I'll explain if a car goes 300Km straight in 20 seconds, it has to do it with both default and custom ... we are testing this ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Gazzawesty

Well all I'm going off is that I was getting spanked online earlier when most of the time I do OK. Maybe the aliens were having a day out and I just stumbled into the wrong lobby The only thing that changed was your new file. Did quite a few different cars too and it felt good with them all.. I could even get the f1 ultimate thing round Suzuka.

18. Marc Collins

Just to fill-in some more mystery--I tested the Easter file with some cars and karts. When I went to use the karts that were not the SuperKart, everyone worked without the brake anomaly. So, I tried the SuperKart and now it was working with no brake anomaly. I switched back to Default and same story.

Then, I exited AMS 2 and tried again. SuperKart brake problem back (regardless of Default or Easter). Same with shifter kart, etc.

It is almost random--and I know the unpredictability of this bug has slowed any resolution to it and hence why it is interesting if we can unearth anything related to the FFB files. But for me, it is intermittent--as it always has been even when not changing FFB files for months at a time. I don't get the brake anomaly 100% of the time, but I do/did get the majority of the time. Sigh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Stakanov

I re-downloaded Karsten's original Easter file and modify only the value (Test SuperKart and track Adelaide) .... It's true, change default to custom now not change the wheel/brake damage beetween rear and front .... but the damage on the brake at start is here (only in the rear) ... o_O

This is the file if you want....

Attached Files:

20. Marc Collins

By the way, these karts only have one brake mounted on the rear axle, which is why only the left-rear brake shows any activity when you drive. That's how it should be. But the unused brake should just show ambient temp, not something crazy. It's also why you can drive with the problem (not on the real brake) and nothing is different from normal.

• Like Like x 1