1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Just did a back to back test with stock os and us relax curve and experimental @Stakanov inspired values.

I think the wheel feels more natural and full with stock values and allows more leeway in catching slide. ( basically lets me drive like Jeremy Clarkson if I so desire.)

alternative values give more mid corner throttle steering feelings, but is a little lite on entry signal of turn in and is maybe a little harder to correct excess oversteer.

maybe something in the middle might be better, but I have absolutely no idea how to read the curve and what I’m trying to make the line do ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Try this.... o_O

(relax_os_line2_start_y -0.0022)
    (relax_os_pos 0.010)
    (relax_os_width 0.0600)
    (relax_os_coef -0.010) or (relax_os_coef -0.015)

EDIT: Don't consider the curves I thought you were talking about the final 3.5 or better if you want to try them do it on that file maybe add something on your T300 ... I'm now seeing the 3.6 EXP but I find there is something strange and I lose control of the rear :( .... but I'm just starting out ;)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  3. LE GAULOIS

LE GAULOIS New Member

version 3.6 exp.
    Feeling of too much lightness when stationary, oscillation
    high speed flywheel

• Like Like x 1
  4. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

How do you like the grip loss feel compared to 3.5?

5. LE GAULOIS

LE GAULOIS New Member

a little better but the feeling of the tire is for me better in version 3.5. But the most annoying is the important oscillation that tears my hands off if I let go of the steering wheel lol.
    The weakness of resistance to stopping is also disturbing.

fanatec csw 2.5 base
    fanatec csw 2.5 base

6. Karsten Hvidberg

Yes, ok, I think I will just add the grip change to 3.5 and make it 3.6.
    Small iterative steps :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

I just tested your latest experimental file (rFuktor 3.6) and I must say I like it. Initially I was surprised how light the center of the wheel felt, it felt so odd that it almost made me switch back to rFuktor 3.5 file. I think the latest AMS2 update had something to do with it so just to be sure I re-tested the experimental rFuktor 3.6 file and this time before going to the track I made a car setup reset to default and after that I reloaded my car setup, everything felt fine after that. No more odd lightness at the center.

I tested the file by driving Formula V12 on Kansai GP and with your latest experimental rFuktor 3.6 file the wheel feels very natural, feel of grip loss is excellent so catching small slides when driving at the limit feels easy and natural. This file is definitely another keeper for me. :)

To prove once again how good your latest experimental rFuktor 3.6 file really is, I managed to score another new WR. This time in Kansai GP with Formula V12, beating the old WR by six tents of a second. :cool:

http://www.dropbox.com/s/h2ykinz240pv5cf/ams2_f-v12_kansai_gp_tumi_world_record_24-04-21.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/2m11uh4kps...ai_gp_tumi_personal_record_24-04-21.png?raw=1

EDIT: Oops, I did it again... another new WR, second one for the day. :) This time on Nordschleife, difference to the 2nd place holder (previous WR) is now over four seconds. :cool:

http://www.dropbox.com/s/dk9g9ony6r...schleife_tumi_world_record_24-04-21.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/2jtk5kdcqi...leife_tumi_personal_record_24-04-21.png?raw=1

EDIT2 (25.4.2021): Today I noticed that someone got very close to my old WR in Brands Hatch GP, difference was less than one tenth of a second. But I managed to improve my old WR by nearly half a second so I think my Brands Hatch GP WR on Formula V12 class will be safe for a while now. :)

http://www.dropbox.com/s/pjillpsiw1...hatch_gp_tumi_world_record_25-04-21.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/ozo1j49hli...ch_gp_tumi_personal_record_25-04-21.png?raw=1

EDIT3 (25.4.2021): Seems I'm on the roll today, another new WR taken. :) This time on Montreal, difference to the 2nd place holder is now more than nine tenths of a second. :cool:

http://www.dropbox.com/s/ur9fkc93lcw9sng/ams2_f-v12_montreal_gp_tumi_world_record_25-04-21.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/e2zikqvgkq...al_gp_tumi_personal_record_25-04-21.png?raw=1

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Stakanov

3.6 EXP .... I am just starting out but I feel something strange on the front and then I go to the head of the tail easily ... maybe it's the new setting on the tires ... i don't now!!

But it is still early, I have not changed the relaxation curves and I would not want it to be me who still has to tune in ... even if I have already entered many values step by step ... ;)

@Karsten Hvidberg saw the settings more in the new file but could you give me some more info on what works differently in this 3.6 EXP??

9. Karsten Hvidberg

It's crazy 8)

10. Karsten Hvidberg

It's actually the same as the last 3.5 experimental that I posted with just a tweak more.
    But I think the only thing that might actually be an improvement is the adjusted grip loss.
    I will add it over to 3.5 and tweak karts slightly more for a different 3.6 exp file.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Karsten Hvidberg

@Stakanov , here it is, 3.6 experimental,
    @Oka I tried reproducing your issue reg. 900 degrees and Camaro SS, but I couldn't, maybe there's something in the setup I'm doing wrong or it's something in the way your wheel base is set up?

* Grip feel adjusted
    * Karts adjusted

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stakanov

Thanks @Karsten Hvidberg I was able to find my "comfort zone" on the previous 6.5 EXP :p .... I apply everything on this EXP 2 ??? We all consider it as your latest upgrade right???

Edit:
    Or you want a test for both ;)
    As I see (in addition to the code) the differences in the value are these:

EXP
    (tire_deform_scale 0.65)
    (tire_deform_stiff 1.5)
    (deform_stiff_rampup 1.0)
    (tire_deform_damping 1.0)

EXP2
    (tire_deform_feel 0.2)

13. Karsten Hvidberg

Yes, it seems there were oscillation issues in the other one on a csw 2.5 wheel base.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stakanov

Ah ok ... for me in the EXP1 the solution was a major coefficient in os_relax .... but i'm going to EXP2!!! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kuku Maddog

Comparing the two files exp 1 and 2 back to back with the same to suit tune values, I find Exp 1 the best.
    Yes its a bit lighter at straight wheel, but its giving me more front tire grip and lean feel.
    It also eliminates an old uncomfortable feeling i used to always have with the wheel grabbing harshly when coming to a stop after spinning and dragging tires backwards.

I did try making front tire stretch values the same in exp 2 , but its still not giving the feel of exp 1

here's is my virtually identical tune of each (which is just a continuation from older file) for easy comparison for others who run my tune.
    I run lower centre relax and more full centre these days instead of tightening and find with the recent advance in detailed relaxing for oversteer etc, that relaxing the centre much isnt necessary anymore.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Stakanov

Same here with G920 ... exp 1 and 2 back to back with the same tune values, I find Exp 1 the best.
    Relax curves update!!!

Note: SuperKart 250 is ok ... but now the Kart 125 Shifter needs correction .... it's late, tomorrow night I'll tune the file better for this!!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kuku Maddog

dont mind these values at all in 3.6 exp 1

but feels a little bit less informative and hiding the initial os.

18. Karsten Hvidberg

Ok, maybe we need to find the reason of the reported oscillations in exp1.

@LE GAULOIS which car/track and setting produced these issues for you when using 3.6 exp1?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just tried this file and it works great on my CSL Elite. The feeling of slip is superb.Thanks again Karsten. :)

Since I last posted, I've changed my in game settings to ~65 / ~30 / 55 / 50 I've also changed my wheel settings (based on people's comments in this thread): dri -2 / dpr 100.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Ray,

If your time allows, can you check if the 3.6 exp1 file causes oscillations for you on your base or if it's just better than exp2?

• Agree Agree x 1