1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought maybe things felt a little flatter after the last update, but I've been playing around with ffb a lot the last couple of days so it's hard to tell. Will do some A/B against default+ and the custom file I normally use this evening.

2. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For those using SC2 wheelbases, please share which FFB profile and associated settings (in-game and True Drive) you end up using after these most recent updates. Sadly, I’m out of town and can’t test/tune at the moment :(

3. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Dean Ogurek

Had a play around there and to be honest I don't think there's been a massive change between 1.3 and 1.3.0.1

What I would say though is that the variation in ffb from one car to another is much more noticeable since 1.3 Some cars feel far meatier like the 190E and some feel featherlight in comparison to pre 1.3 like the GT1 Porsche for example. The C9 which I've driven a lot lately feels less informative in terms of the features you described than it did previously with the custom file.

On top of that I think that some of the drive train stuff that's been implemented is more apparent in default+ than it is currently in the custom files. One combination where this is quite obvious is the Roco 001 at Nurburgring. Try it out with only gain dialed in and then switch between custom and default+ there's a big difference especially at low speed.

Anyway just my take on things currently, could be imagining it all of course.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. dougdude

dougdude New Member

Thanks! For a t300, is it now recommended to use default+ and not one of these custom ones here? I have no problem either way... just curious what the more experienced racers feel and use as they no more on the proper feel and what might help lap times based on what you should be able to feel.

Thanks,
    Doug

5. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Oops my bad :oops:
    Small bug found in primary scrub file in zip above. have fixed that up and added a extra + version with less smoothing and stronger details while im at it.
    Please re-download zip file.

• Like Like x 5
  6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

delete.sry.

7. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I did notice a small decrease in the surface texture/scrub/tear effects after 1301.1894, so I assume it's due to a revision in the tire model, and I just added one click of FX to bring it back to where it was before.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just curious, have you tested with latest update? Is the file in the Zip still a valid base file to edit from? Sorry, just unclear how latest updates have impacted custom FFB files, if at all.

9. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

All custom profiles are still good. Nothing changed in the physics or how they are handled. Just the drivelines themselves. If there are changes that don’t agree with you then it is mostly due to the way cars now handle and not the ffb.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Karl Rawstrone

Karl Rawstrone New Member

I was liking Default+ at gain 65-70, 0 LFB, 50 FX, 0 Damper; then I went back to Silver Raw rFuktor 4.6 at 70-75 Gain, 0, 50, 0; then back again :)
    The Default+ makes the tyre and suspension feel and feedback almost rubbery (which is good for tyres I guess) and quite extreme - swingy - like the car deciding too much where it wanted to go - quite good fun but harder to control - too rubbery for my taste in the modern stock car for example.
    The rFuktor 4.6 can feel a little more, um, not grainy, but 'bumpy' (the curbs and scrub are more noticeable and the whole control feels tighter and I am more in control. I can still feel what the car is doing and wants to do and catch and control slides. Less 'showy' FFB but more functional. Feels like I am driving on a track rather than a water bed.
    I think I'm running my CSL Elite at 90 or 95 FFB, For 100, Brf 70, Dri -02 for both.

11. NicoRem

NicoRem New Member

Hi everyone! I'm not a good simdriver and I drive mainly for fun. This evening I tried the below T300RS GT settings with the new update 1.3 and I want to share them with all you because I'm quite satisfy of them after many trials on previous AMS2 versions.

I'm also curious what are the feedbacks of some of you, in order to understand if my feelings are something right or wrong.

Thanks in advance to everyone who will try them.

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      60.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      46.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      202 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Mark_Redman

Mark_Redman New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello,

First time posting.

I've spent the last few nights adjusting a custom FFB file i found on here. The adjustment I've made are to suit the CSL DD and obviously my taste. My question is an I allowed to share it here for other to try and hopefully improve.

I Don't won't to take credit for other people hard work.

Thanks to all that have put in the time making these files so far.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Absolutely :)

14. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

@Mark_Redman 100%.

I would add that it is greatly appreciated if it's based off rFuktor, that it keeps that name and then the tune name after a dash, something like:
    "rFuktor-tunename xx.yy".
    Also to keep the original credentials inside but add "tuned by: XXX, YYY,..." if it is value changes, or "modded by: XXX, YYY,..." if it contains actual modifications to code.

Other than appreciation it helps other people understand what it is.

Thank you,

-K

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Mark_Redman

Mark_Redman New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks

It is an rFuktor base file that I have altered values only.

So the tunename would be the original file I downloaded?

That's exactly what I wanted to know, I don't want to pass any of this my own work and I wasn't sure of the protocol. do I just post it in this thread?

Cheers
    Mark

16. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Yeah, post as you like anywhere.
    Reg. a tune on tune I am not sure.
    But remember it is just appreciation, please feel free to do as you like :)

Best,

-K

17. NicoRem

NicoRem New Member

I'm sorry I realized now to have wrongly posted this post in the "custom force feedback recommendations". Probably the right place was in this section Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

• Like Like x 1
  18. Karl Rawstrone

Karl Rawstrone New Member

This was posted on the V1.3.0.0 RELEASED news forum, which is really useful and would explain why I was getting a boaty feeling with damper 0. I'm going to try again with Damper 50 and work back to where feels good (NB: this relates to Default+ only):

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. NicSP

NicSP New Member

where do i install the file AMS2 custom FFB.ini ?

20. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Refer to the first page of this thread for instructions and links.