1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Vic7or

Vic7or New Member

This is great news, can't wait to try out 5.02. I'm quite new here and to Sim Racing, and I've tried searching in this thread. Where can I find recommended Paddock settings for the Simucube 2 Pro and 5.02? Thanks!

2. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Search for my online profile named "AMS2 rFuktor 5.0.1 SC2 Sport" in Paddock (I will update it for version 5.0.2 later today). ;) It should work fine for your SC2 Pro wheelbase as well and also for rFuktor 5.0.2 (haven't got the time to test the 5.0.2 yet but I assume the changes from 5.0.1 are minor and won't require re-adjusting in-game FFB settings).

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Vic7or

Vic7or New Member

Awesome, I will try it right away! Thanks for the quick answer! :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Hey, no problem. ;)

For your information, my online profile in True Drive Paddock is now updated for rFuktor 5.0.2 (also tested it, no changes required in True Drive FFB settings or in AMS2 in-game FFB settings so my settings from 5.0.1 still fully applies to 5.0.2).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looking forward to trying the the new one @Karsten Hvidberg , it's been a while..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vic7or

Vic7or New Member

Great!
    I tried it and i feels rally good with the Porsche GTE. I then tried the CART cars, that was intense to say the least :D I think I need to lower FFB a bit.
    Do you also get quite extreme oscillations in the steering wheel if holding it to loose or letting go for e second?

7. Alegunner68

I get it with most if not all the custom files, it's one of the few things the default files excel at.
    I just hang on and grin.

8. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hey Vic7or,

I do no get this on my SC2. Maybe if I run crazy settings I would.

If you have oscillations or too high forces, you have to lower gain or lfb or both, I would think.

Gain is to be used at lower setting for high downforce cars, like formulas etc. This is so they have a lighter feel at low speed and to provide headroom for torque feel as velocity and downforce increase.

-K

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

The CART cars are high downforce cars just like Formula 1 cars so naturally the FFB in-game settings needs to be lowered quite a bit from the GTE cars.

I do get sometimes quite extreme oscillations especially with the high downforce cars when holding or letting go the wheel for a second just like you have experienced. I've had this "issue" as long as I can remember but it doesn't really bother me. It can be avoided by lowering Gain or LFB or both but rather than doing that, I do the same thing than @Alegunner68 , just hold on tight from the steering wheel and grin. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Karsten Hvidberg

hahaha, you guys are nuts!
    How forceful do you need it??? :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Haha, what can I say? I just love my FFB heavy. :) Light FFB is not my cup of tea, realistic or not. Keeping the forces on a heavy side has not stopped me from getting world records in AMS2 Time Trial leaderboards. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Mathias[NuoSimulation]

Mathias[NuoSimulation] New Member

I have tested everything again. Alecgunner's version and both 5.01 from @Karsten Hvidberg

And I have to say that I tend to prefer @Alegunner68 Version.I like the feeling there when the car is moved from standstill and also in slow passages. Some details may be missing, but overall it's more realistic for me. Just my opinion. High curbs (Imola first corner or last chicane) are also better reproduced there. With Karsten, I don't notice them at all.
    In fast curves I don't have these peaks so much. They get me down :)

For your information, when people say here that they want a heavy FFb. I drove Karsten's with gain 55-58. In truedrive 100 %. without static force reduction.
    A colleague of mine sees it similarly. He drives a DD1

13. Alegunner68

I haven't tried the new file yet but I think I know what you you mean. With previous files at standstill it feels perfect then just as you move off all feeling disappears until you reach a certain speed.
    I'll have a go tomorrow when the rum wears off and have a fiddle.

14. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

The latest rFuktor version 5.0.2 feels just phenomenal when doing the Time Trial leaderboards record runs.

I'm happy to announce that I managed to set a new world record this evening on Nordschleife with the McLaren MP4/12. I did improve my old personal record on this track for almost 1,8 seconds and beat the previous world record holder by over seven tenths of a second.

This is the also the first time I have set a world record with the rFuktor 5.0x file. I believe this is a solid proof that @Karsten Hvidberg 's recent iteration is simply excellent in adding immersion factor but more importantly in addition to that it does show it's true colours when I'm pushing a car to it's limits.

http://www.dropbox.com/s/1hrodfi5e8...schleife_tumi_world_record_17-12-21.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/9ndbww3f52...leife_tumi_personal_record_17-12-21.png?raw=1

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  15. Vic7or

Vic7or New Member

Hi Karsten,

Ok, strange that you don’t get that. Which settings do you usually run in Paddock and in game for 5.02 for hifh downforce cars? It would be nice to be able to compare with the settings that tUMI recommended.

And also to chime in regarding @tUMi ’s latest post. I definetely feel that it’s easier to push the car further with your new Custom FFB, amazing work from you guys! :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Karsten Hvidberg

I just think my arms are not the caliber of true sim racing drivers :) I do run 100% in True Drive and no filters, except recon 1, but in-game I "only" use gain 25%-40%, depending on the car.
    If those match it could be my steering wheel dampening the forces, I run a fairly heavy full size rim, not a formula one.

I have gone to great lengths to make oscillations not occur, so it annoys me it happens for others, but I cannot fix it when it does not happen for me here....

17. Vic7or

Vic7or New Member

Haha not my arms either, I don’t want a wrestling match each lap. I do want all the road and grip info though :)

Ok, I’m going to fiddle a bit with the settings tomorrow. I’m currently running a carbon fiber formula style wheel so it’s fairly light. But I dit get oscillations earlier with 4.6 with a heavier ”normal” wheel with ascher button box that’s fairly heavy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I get really bad oscillations on the default/default+ but never on anything derived from rfuktor. Vic7or - you positive you've selected custom in the AMS2 in-game settings and no spelling mistakes in the ffb_custom_settings.txt filename?

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I also get oscillations with Default+ when I ride low damping in Base, which I actually like. With 5.0.1 I can let go of the wheel and nothing oscillates. Not even when I help the wheel and nudge it. In the 5.0.1 I would have liked even a little less damping.
    more damping could always be given either in game or base but with 5.0.1 the damping feels so high that i have 0 in game and base and still have too much.

more damping could always be given either in game or base but with 5.0.1 the damping feels so high that I have 0 in game and base and still have too much.

With Podium DD1

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. Vic7or

Vic7or New Member

Yes, but I will double check tomorrow if I get some time off.

I’ve used other settings with FFB Default without oscillations though. So I’m a bit confused atm.