1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

I'd been thinking about doing this since @2ndLastJedi also requested something similar in the Official FFB thread, so yes, there will be a section where you can easily turn off an on any of the enhancements.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

New update.

Changes:
    * Details boost at "a sane level for a DD" at 50%, as it seems non-DD mostly use higher FX.
    * Improved details adjustment by fx slider. Goes from "none" to "very high".

Custom ffb file attached: "It's in the details":

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I liked it! I'm gonna try to make slightly heavier cos on 70 still a bit light for my taste, but kerbs, scrubs and road/road details are really good for me. What did you change in the file?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Glad you like it, I changed lfb and various road FX numbers, trying to get more low frequency feedback.
    Best to compare the two files to see what was changed.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Clippy2020

Clippy2020 New Member

Excellent file, works great with my G29!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Testing the custom file in Post #22 (e.g. the most recent one uploaded at the moment), and I'm noticing something strange: Road noise is there in a straight line, but then upon cornering, the noise/vibrations completely go away, and although the wheel maintains constant resistance, it goes dead in every other way. Almost feels like I am floating. Using a Simucube 2 Pro. In game settings at 10 LFB, and 55 FX. Gain of 30.

7. Karsten Hvidberg

Late night experiment.

Here's a new experimental effect included:

* Road details affect steering force at speed.

It works really well on cars like Ultima GTR Race & on tracks like Donington, with different road types. Some coarse, some more fine grained. You should feel it clearly after some laps in certain places.

I love this, since it creates more variation driving a track, and I'm used to it from rfactor 2. But you need to be a crazy FFB enthusiast to care about it at all, I think :)

Custom ffb file attached "Don't lose it":

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  8. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Chip,

Which car & track?
    What is your reconstruction filter set at in TD?

Cheers!

9. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Was using the Roco under the P3 class at Oulton Park. Recon within TD was set at 1. I will reset everything and attempt again to see if that somehow fixes. Felt like a bug to me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Karsten Hvidberg

A question:

Other than making it even easier to toggle specific features on/off in the ffb file and potentially split in multiple files for different wheel bases, are there any other obvious improvements we need to add to the file?

The most important to me would be the center feel, but I'm afraid that even on a DD wheel base it's mostly chaotic in there. Somewhat strange pulls coming through and weirdly lose across all cars. Unlikely something we can fix from the outside.

But anything else that is missing in the custom ffb that could improve our experience even more?

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if it can be done, but one of the pc2 files managed to load up the weight under braking that felt really good. That's the only thing I miss from it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I was busy this evening so couldn't try any of the custom files since the patch until late. At 23:30 local time I decided I couldn't resist a quick blast before bed. It's 01:35 now. :eek: Time flies when you're having fun!

Mate, I love it! With this profile I haven't had to tweak a single value anywhere and it feels absolutely brilliant. Tomorrow I might try raising the scrub values a tiny bit, but that's it. Not touching anything else. Oh, and in some cars I could even feel the road surface changes at Donnington on my poor-man's wheel which really surprised me, I thought that would be a DD only feature for sure.

For me, this is what the default FFB should be like, no question. I'm tempted never to read this thread again and just stick with this, to ensure I don't get tempted to start tweaking and bugger things up! :D Brilliant work @Karsten Hvidberg and @NuScorpii, you've transformed AMS 2 for me. :cool:

T300, 75-85 / 50 / 50-65, depending on the car.

• Like Like x 4
  13. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Sounds promising @Goffik, will have to try that on the G29. I've been really struggling to get a 'decent' at best feeling over the last two or three versions. For me it changed quite dramatically and has felt very, very vague with a large center deadzone, and little if any feeling for weight under braking, under/oversteer etc.
    Before that it was very good.

14. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Same here, g29 so many ups and downs with the feel from the updates, I will look forward to your feedback Tek and see how we compare.

15. Karsten Hvidberg

Great suggestion.
    That effect would also happen to add an extra dimension to this new road surface grip rack force too!
    We'll have to give it a go!

Thanks!

• Like Like x 4
  16. Karsten Hvidberg

The last few Reiza updates have killed the center for me.

So to bring it back, here is an update to bring it back:

* Strengthen the center by re-strengthening the strangely weakened forces.

Now the center is alive for me again.

It is controlled by both fx & lfb increases. Works for me at fx 50, lfb 10, but also higher. I tweaked and it should work well for belts and gears at higher settings too.

Custom ffb file "Resurrection" attached:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  17. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Karsten (and everyone else who has contributed to this file) -thanks.

Just tried a 10 lap race with the P3 Roco at Oulton National, and this file feels great to me. I ended up using 75/30/50 in game and I was really happy with it. AMS2 is really turning in to something special, and these custom files are really shining a light on that fact. Great work!

• Like Like x 2
  18. F.Santos

I'm sticking with the first one by Nus for the time being, theres something there that works better for me, not sure what though. I changed a few things based on Alegunner changes to his file and I'm quite happy for now.

On the subject of wanted changes to the file in general, again gonna go with @Alegunner68 posts, not only loading weight under braking but when accelerating too. For instance, that weight transfer feeling when you first power off the pits onto the track and the front of the car lifts a bit. At the moment by default, it is there but it's very subtle.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Karsten Hvidberg

Great, thanks!
    Reg. the difference is it related to how the details are boosted?
    We currently discuss exactly that, so any input is appreciated greatly!

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  20. F.Santos

Haven't tested your latest @Karsten Hvidberg, gonna give it go later, now is way too warm to be on VR :cool::cool::cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1