1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Merry Xmas everyone.

Specially to @Karsten Hvidberg , @Panos Schoino @Shadak and all the regular contributors that make this such a friendly and constructive community to be apart of , working together to maximise each of our own experience of this amazing sim and spreading the gospel of the church of FFB. :D

• Like Like x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm loving the scrub feeling on the experimental, but I can't gel with everything else, way too much high speed forces as kuku mentioned, I'm clipping like mad in the F10 around Watkins.
    A bit spongy too, and lack of brake feel can't seem to make changes I'm happy with so I'm sticking with my modded kuku file for now.
    I really need to stop fiddling and start racing..
    Happy Xmas everyone

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. LowBlow

LowBlow New Member

Thanks Kuku I'll try that out now. Is there a way to graph how much torque your mini is actually reaching during a session?

4. Kuku

not that i’m aware of , and i’ve heard some claims that the 10nm mini can actually push out 12-13nm but at the end of the day the only gauge that matters is your own arm’s.

I don’t consider max torque a target.
    minimum torque is more useful for feeling what’s going on.

5. Kuku

The truth is i hardly changed anything, the file as was designed by the lads was great all along, we just needed to understand it and reset our thinking.

plus i think the fact that it works the same as default in terms of sliders etc makes it a good option for introduction to custom files for future users.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

I think that it's true what you are saying. The 5.0.1 was indeed a great file all along. The modifications you did to the original 5.0.1 file just highlights the best things it already contained.

It seems like that we needed those newer versions to finally realise that we already had a golden sample on our hands that only needed a few tweaks to it so that it could show us it's true potential. It truly was an eye opening experience to test your modified 5.0.1 file, thank you so much for sharing it to us. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  8. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

FEI should never be set below 80, as latency suffers and too much of the signal is lost. Better leave FEI high and increase the INT value.

9. Danielkart

Hallo
    Hi

Good

10. WarmRed

With INT 0 you get pure raw values at FFB which is not recommended at all. You should go at least to level 2 so that the FFB is smoothed at least a little. The standard at Fanatec was earlier where there was no setting option for this was even at level 6.

11. Danielkart

Okay

12. WarmRed

Hi Daniel, I also drive with the DD1. but, with the Default+ profile. I have rather something oscillate than this dead feeling in the wheel by this strong damping of the custom profile. With the Default+ I feel much more precisely how the spring work and where just the load is in the car.
    I think the people in charge at Reiza had something in mind when they created this profile. I just wish there was a little more engine vibration in this profile isolated from all the other FX settings. It would be great if Reiza would release this profile for editing or at least offer the possibility to set some effects isolated in the frontend (@CrimsonEminence ).
    You could create an extended FFB level for deeper setting possibilities, as was already done in the Settup.
    sorry for the web translation my native language is German and my English is too bad.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
  13. Danielkart

Hallo
    Ja meine Sprache ist auch Deutsch. Hab auch so meine Mühe mit der Übersetzung, darum jetzt auf Deutsch. Man sollte es hier drin zwar auf Englisch machen.
    Ich hatte auch zuerst Defaul+ aber für mich kommt nur das benutzer Profil in Frage. Diese schüttlerei und Schwingungen sind nichts für mich, ist auch in real nicht so. Nur schon ein stehender Start ist mit einem Auto ohne tcs und abs ein Genuss mit der Custom Datei , zumindest für mein Empfinden mit meiner geänderten Datei. Oder fahr mal im 1, 2 oder 3 Gang eher langsam und bewege das Lenkrad. Dieses viel zu schnelle Rückspringern des Lenkrads ist absolut nicht wie es sein sollte. Und das Bremsen merk ich ganz genau wenn der Wagen ausbricht , und vor allem hab ich das Auto immer unter Kontrolle bei der Custom. Ich weiss die Geschmäcker sind verschieden , aber bei einer Sim möchte ich so real wie möglich fahren können. Und die custom Datei ist ja von Reiza selber zur Verfügung gestellt worden, also brauch ich dieses geniale Werkzeug mit ein wenig kleinen Änderungen . Ach übrigens dein Vorschlag mit INT höher stellen bringt nur wieder diese Schwingungen mehr zurück. Reiza hat so ein gutes rohes ffb das ich es lieber auf 0 belasse und FEI auf 50% belasse. Aber trotzdem vielen Dank für deinen Vorschlag und viel Spaß mit AMS2 lg

14. JDean

JDean New Member

I wanna say Thank you. It is the First Time my Fanatec CSL DD comes alive with the Kuku´s rFruktor Delta S (Primary scrub) FFB txt File. The car is now fantastic on the Brakes , the overall Feeling is absolute realistic and predictable. That is what i want for a Sim (feel the Front Tyres).

For more understeer Feeling i adjust the scrub_scale to 2.2. Now i have more Rumble at the Edge of the Tyre

you can Find the FFB File in the quote Text

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. RyanFlint

RyanFlint New Member

what are your Wheelbase and Ingame settings with that file @JDean ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. JDean

JDean New Member

Wheelbase is a Fanatec CSL DD with CSL Hub an a Podium Steering wheel 30cm.
    I use the Fanalab Settings vor AMS2 from Fanatec.

IN GAME
    Gain 80
    FX 90
    Damper 50 (the damper works like a adjustable Power Steering for this FFB File)

17. Kuku

Hi All

Got a little bored today ( why does everyone want to run multiple GT3 lobbies ) :whistle:

So played around with Delta-S and made a Delta - S Evo file that is a bit of a natural evolution from 4.6 based delta and a hybrid with a lot of configurations from rfuktor 5.0, apart from the newer scrub and tear effects.

Its still features the Caster Trail feel , but does away with the adjustable power steering, just like rFuktor 5.0.1, which I've been enjoying for its consistency , So its very easy to switch from default to custom.

I think it worked quite well, and interestingly I don't get high speed oscillations, You shouldn't need to adjust your sliders much , if at all.
    I have added multiple options to my Tunes archive available here and in my signature as usual.

Fyi , I also made a small change to original Delta -S regarding the steering pull which just tightens it up a bit. ;)

edit : minor bug fix - all files
    edit 8/1/22 : minor housework and Alegunner Belt wheel 4.6 delta tune updated.
    rFuktor 5.0.1 is my current preference

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Marcin

Marcin Member

Hi @tu
    Hi @tUMi what file are you currently using the modified 5.0.1? Can you direct me what profile are you using in TD as there are two of yours. Thank you.

19. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

First of all, thank you guys for making these great additions to an already great game! There's probaly some info regarding this somwhere in this thread, but anyways...I'm currently using rFuktor 5.0.4, and it feels great! It says in the file that it's been tuned by Peter Stefani for Logitech G920. I have a G29. It feels a lot better than default and default+ but i feel it's sometimes a bit "light." Especially when catching a slide, it feels like the ffb suddenly drops out for a split second or two. Not a gamebreaker, everything else feels really good. Probaly the worst explanation ever, but is there some settings in the file i can fiddle with to make it a bit stronger? Thanks :)

• Like Like x 1