1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hi Kuku
    Thank you very much for your Feedback. Yes the only problem is the oscillation, also with me.
    Have a nice day
    Daniel

2. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey guys! This might be a bit off topic, or just a bit off.....but, anyways! I figured maybe some of you ffb-gurus now something about this. I decided to do a little experiment today, and mounted a couple of speakers underneath my racing seat. Compact, and good sounding active monitors with a great bass response. Spent some time with placement/padding/shielding etc, so now i'm basically sitting on a stereo subwoofer, racing. I've split the audio signal coming from the game, using an eq to cut mids/tops and boosting all the low frequencies making the chair (my ass) vibrate. Combined with a 7.1 headset it's pretty awesome! I also routed the "bass" signal to a small speaker mounted under my G29 pedals, so they vibrate as well...haha. This will surely get me many, many dates..! So, from off topic to..just off. Gurus: Is there a way to convert ffb signals into midi signals? Example: I wanna have the ffb signals from road effects, curbs and bumps only, convert them into midi signals according to ffb input gain, route that signal to my ass-speaker, wich will then trigger whatever frequency making it vibrate the most. Essentially, feeling only road effects through the underneath speakers. Midi Motor Madness! Ok, sorry! And thank you!

3. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Your going to want something like simhub which takes the telemetry output from the game and plays it to bass shakers and or speakers.

Tuning the software can take some time but doing so with one effect at a time lets you better understand what you're feeling and adjust it properly.

Per my sig I run simhub with two buttkicker / shakers, one zipped tied right to the seat springs so it vibrates my butt directly and another bolted to the underside of my pedal tray.

With simhub setup correctly it almost feels like cheating because I gain soooooo much more information from the shakers. Also running it all in VR it really fools my brain to help with immersion.

Just having brake lockup on both which vibrates my pedals a certain way helps me with threshold braking. Also when I have the brake bias a bit too far to the rear I can feel that same vibration on my butt which then I can dial in the brake bias a bit better. But again to get this to match the FFB does take some time. Also having wheel slip with the rear and having that vibrate my butt a certain way helps with throttle input and how to modulate that better.

Also the feel of the road is in there as well and it's so good when you drive over a bump and you feel it on the pedals and the wheel at the same time and then a millisecond later on the rears (my butt) as the rear tires roll over it is just great.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  4. JDean

JDean New Member

Same here. Using VR, the Buttkicker (with extra 4$ USB Soundcard) in combination with Simhub for tyre lock on the Front Axle. It ads emersion but its not so clear and fast like yout Steering wheel FFB

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks! This is just what i need, only ten times better! Except I haven't figured out how to get it working. Gonna fiddle with some settings and try getting it up and running. Thanks for the tip, much appreciated!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hi Kuku
    High Speed oscillations? I set the master_rack to 0.7.
    on_off_trottle_feel to 0 , brings unwanted effects. Oscillations over 200km/h are also in reality. So I am very satisfied.
    Bye Daniel

7. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

How can i reduce the damping in all custom files?

8. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you use Damping Version File with the cursor in game "Damping", and the PowerSteering set in a static way

#--- set damping or power_steering to static value or to match damping_slider
    (damping damping_slider) #set static within range 0.0 - 1.0 or set to damping_slider
    (power_steering 0.15) #set static within range 0.0 - 1.0 or set to damping_slider

if you switch to use file with PowerSteering you setting Danmping with a static value to taste 0.15, 0.30, 0.45,....... and the cursor in game "Damping" set PoowerSteering

#--- set damping or power_steering to static value or to match damping_slider
    (damping 0.15) #set static within range 0.0 - 1.0 or set to damping_slider
    (power_steering damping_slider) #set static within range 0.0 - 1.0 or set to damping_slider

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Manuel Staedel

Okay, thank you very much.
    But i dont reach my target with that information.
    The alternative way can be, with a extrem rudimentär custom file, that feels abolute like default, and then , i add some single codes, with that i can cange some things like virbration on curbs and bumps, to reduce that or some another effects.
    What are the smallest custom file, please?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey guys,
    I'm currently using Karsten's latest silver raw rfuktor file. With a Thrustmaster TX with in-game ffb settings the same as the suggested settings on page 1 for a csw 2.5

Are those settings ok for a TX or does anyone got some for a TX / T300?

Cheers

11. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

Thanks to all who contribute here.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For a Thrustmaster wheel TMX/T150 the file from OP ffb_custom_settings - rFuktor 5.0.3.txt is needed to tweak or just use it and configure the sliders ingame?

Or is better to download a G29 custom ffb file from this post? I'm kinda new in this game, the default+ FFB is awesome in comparision of Assetto Corsa, but I still can't feel a lot of things like loss of grip etc.

Another question about the control panel with the new Boost option, is better apply that for cheap wheels or just increase Gain and other forces? I'm trying to tweak but I can't feel any real improvement in my hands.

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

My TM TS-PC works very well with 5.0.3 but had to reduce micro bumps because too much details was passing trough. Perhaps DD users don't notice this as much because of the use of some driver filtering?

Also changed large track bumps to emulate rF2 a little better.

Note:
    The wheel base firmware is the current v13
    Also, I'm using a ACELITH wheel upgrade from original Ferrari 488 Challenge wheel

###########################################################
    #
    # Road features settings
    #

(texture_scale 0.9)
    #(micro_bumps_scale 0.375)
    (micro_bumps_scale 0.150)
    #(micro_bumps_smooth 0.008)
    (micro_bumps_smooth 0.02)
    (kerbs_surface_scale 3.5)
    (kerbs_surface_smooth 0.03)
    (kerb_bump_scale 2.8) #How big the tall curb bumps are.
    #(large_track_bump_scale 0.05) #how much bumps on the track are felt.
    (large_track_bump_scale 0.10)
    (large_offroad_bump_scale 0.05) #how much bumps off the track are felt.

14. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

The file is the tweak. Then you adjust things to your liking with in-game slidders.

15. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Im getting quite a lot of oscilating with Silver Raw rFuktor 5.0.3 on my CSL DD 5nm, anyone running this base with good settings ?

16. Manuel Staedel

Oscillations are normal.
    If you take it away, you have to kill all the important information from FFB.
    Are there really moments when you take your hand away in the race?

Oscillation is nothing bad, it's physically normal in simracing because we don't have a real axle and tyres connected to the steering wheel.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you tried using

-ffb 600

as launch command in the steam library properties for Automobilista 2?

Worth a shot definetly.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes i agree but ive seen videos from aris of ACC and a few more saying there should be a small bit of oscillation but not much and it should not get progressively worse on say a straight for example, im seeing it start slow the rapidly goes to serious oscilating when i take hand off wheel to test.
    I guess i just need to steak it more.

@ CrimsonEminence no i havent as i was using default+ up to now with no issues, ill check it out thanks guys.

19. Manuel Staedel

Its very important wich sim and wheel you use.
    With R3E and SimuCUBE1, i dont has any oscillation,
    but R3E with Fanatec 2.5, it has it.

But reduce oscilation, are every time destroy FFB informations and the best way are, ignore it.
    Its only a problem in the head of the simracers.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Any DD-wheel should be able to utilize some amount of servo-side Damping to reduce, if not eliminate oscillations completely. Servo-Friction can also be effective in adding general steering weight and reducing oscillation.

It's also possible to do so while having plenty of fine detail, especially through custom ffb-files. If using more Damping reduces detail too much, try a custom version with elevated road / scrub effects, until you find one that does what you want or, tweak the individual effects accordingly.

Damping and Friction are sometimes portrayed as ffb-effect destroyers, it's just not true in my experience. I find that they actually provide more realistic overall steering behavior, improved control, and reduced undesirable effects (Oscillation, spikes, harshness, graininess, etc.).

The amount of Friction / Damping I use is far, far from allowing any chance of oscillation (12-20% on both SC2 effects).

The trick is to make small adjustments of each effect, until you find a good balance. It may be helpful to reduce filtering-effects for the purposes of understanding & tuning the Damping / Friction effects.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1