1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

So I finally got to give it a go.
    Very interesting, it seems your wheel base prefers the somewhat slower moving tear and scrub I think?
    Maybe the faster ones feel like rattling rather than vibes?

2. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Wow, Kuku. This file is the new golden standard for me. Absolutely incredible. I knew from the very beginning that the rFuktor 5.0.1.2 had a great potential and I was right. Your "New Scrub" tune perfected this file for me. It has everything I have ever wanted from the custom FFB file and it works straight out of the box for me with no modifications needed whatsoever. Thank you so much for sharing this masterpiece!

By the way, you were not mistaken when you said I was going to set a new lap record with this file. ;) Here it is, a new world record lap on Montreal with the McLaren MP4/12 (screenshots below)!

http://www.dropbox.com/s/8d0w989g2b...montreal_tumi_world_record_09-02-22.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/ouy4kzdg8m..._world_record_09-02-22_sector_times.png?raw=1

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I really like how there's no more rattling in the G920. Just did some scrub and torque tweaks, referencing Kuku's settings, and found a good compromise for the G920. Super happy with it now!
    Great work all !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds great. Would you mind sharing it? Thanks!

5. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The link was updated with the latest on page 221, post 4415

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Karsten Hvidberg

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes you are right.

I don't know the sensations you have on DD steering wheels and what your level of perception of the nuances iswith TEAR and SCRUB, but I can try to describe my fell as a general rule (assuming a long and continuous curve) i prefer to hear this on the gum:
    "NORMAL WORK -> LIMIT GRIP ---> TEAR -> SCRUB -> SLIP -> REWORK or FLATSPOT IF BRAKING", but this is just my preference and I think it is also for my G920, as for him to SCRUB immediately would mean it would increase the grated effect typical of Logitech bases.
    But again, I don't think it is wrong to reverse the order between TEAR and SCRUB before the loss of grip.

I love to test the tear and scrub with V10 Gen2 (beautiful rubber) on the Kansai track, because it has many left/right direction reversals and also many up/down level reversals during direction changes, even SPA with long curves is beautifull for this ... in this tracks I know more the difference between the SCRUB on 4 distinct wheels and the original SCRUB on two level (front and rear) .... i like feel and switch from the tear effect to the scrub effect by accelerating and decelerating during curves and changes of direction, feeling the differences between the right and left front wheel (one wheel loaded and the other unloaded) or the rear effect sx or dx during the same curve but in acceleration ... but repeat is subjective!!!

Note for @Karsten Hvidberg
    it is not insignificant, but I remind you that I use the grip function in the code for the tyre_streach_front wheels, perhaps I feel more the sensations that I have described above than using the original file. ;)

8. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Stakanov,

Right, I will try it out next time I'm having a go!

Best,

-K

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  9. Stakanov

Good sensation for this upgrade (suspension) ... only a little retuning as usual and i like mutch the new value of tear and scrub ... I also share the slight modification on the first lines of code of the scrub that I inserted in my file in version 4 wheels ;)

I don't now, but i think that .... o_O

with "limited" budget...
    - SimXperience AccuForce V2
    - FANATEC CSL DD (with optional 180W power supply)
    - SIMAGIC Alpha Mini

whitouth limit...
    - SIMAGIC Alpha or Dynamic M10
    - FANATEC Podium DD2
    - Simucube 2 Pro

10. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I did a quick back to back test this morning of using all four tires like in the scrub as per @Stakanov file.
    It’s very clever and works well .
    But while this is the case, i personally wouldn’t run it , as it can be misleading when the rear is scrubbing still but the front ( most important) tires have recovered grip and there’s no need to not push on out of the corner.
    There would need to be a change in the frequency or vibration feel of the rear scrub so that it’s not mistaken as front scrub if you Know what i’m trying to say.

It’s not a criticism, Just a complication of extra information . The front tires are more key to understanding grip levels . if the rear is imitating the same feeling then it get confusing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Stakanov

"when the rear is scrubbing still but the front ( most important) tires have recovered grip and there’s no need to not push on out of the corner" ....

Which part of the scrub code would do what you declare and which above all would happen now with 4 variables and before with 2 no?
    which part of the scrub code changes this relationship between back and front?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kuku Maddog

being the frequency scale applies to both , maybe the easier way would be to increase or decrease ( increase would make more sense to me ) the spring values for the rear scrub if they can be , i’m not sure as can’t see the file right now .

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg @Kuku Maddog
    Excellent work here guys. I keep thinking it's as good as it gets with each new version but, you continue to raise the bar another notch. :)

I think the Tear frequency is perfect now. Suspension effects are great. I like that the FX level sits well at mid-range and allows plenty of adjustment up or down the scale. Well done. ;)

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Kuku Maddog
    Thanks for updating and posting yet another great file! Despite all the iterations released since, I’m still using rFuktor 4.6 - Delta X V3 Tune file because I’m addicted to how direct, heavy, and intuitive it feels with the GTE cars, but I’m hoping to tune the most recent file to match it.

On that note, can you suggest where to set in-game FFB sliders, or perhaps just briefly describe what each does? For example, the Low Force Boost slider used to tighten the center up to a setting of 10, and then boosted low forces if set higher. Is there anything like that I should be aware of in the latest file?

Any other suggestions you have to bring in some of the same feeling from 4.6 Delta X V3 would be greatly appreciated! I tried comparing the two files, but so much has changed that I’m not sure where to start. I’d love to be using the most recent file with you all so that I can provide feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kuku Maddog

Hi Chip
    Apart from the power steering mod now not being used in 5.0.1…files , the slider action should still be the same . but actual idea value may need small adjustment. but most people either don’t use any or only a small amount apart from gear wheel users .

I did try to bridge the gap between 4.6 and new files with the hybrids i did. these hybrids still use the caster feel from 4.6 but bring most other things from new files apart from the on off throttle feel, mainly because i didn’t know how to put it all together. but it’s not a huge influence on the feel so not a major.
    so trying one of those might be the logical step , though i would like to suggest copying the new scrub scales section from latest file if using primary scrub. .
    I will try to have a look at the original non hybrid 4.6 sometime this weekend and see how it takes to some more recent ideas .

There’s no requirement to use latest files if you are happy with what you have though. what feels right and good to you is all that matters.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can someone tell me what the 3 effects in this line please?
    (suspension (* suspension 0.002 3 suspension_scale))
    I noticed it is there on some, not others. Thanks

17. Karsten Hvidberg

It's multiplying by 3.
    The latest file removed it, since it also changed the timing of the period the suspension is calculated over.
    If you feel too little or too much of the steering wheel rotating with suspension it's best to change the suspension_scale further up in the file.

• Informative Informative x 6
  18. Tr51

Tr51 Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi

Congratulations on the commitment and effort to improve

(I tested on OultonPark Circuit with MCR2000)

I have tried a few, but as always there are Pros and Cons.
    Some have a subtle annoying continuous tremor, the wheel is uncommunicative on the roughness of the circuit.
    Another impression of mine is too easy to ride ... but I repeat it is my impression.
    I will not add anything else, it would seem only a criticism and it is not at all, I appreciate the effort and thank you.

I am re-evaluating the "Default +" and it seems excellent! ...too bad those continuous peaks are too excessive

Good continuation

greetings

• Like Like x 3
  19. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg OK, no problem. Seems all the files except your 5.0.1.3 have the 3 in them. I'll play around. Thanks.

20. Karsten Hvidberg

Yes, that was a modification bc. of the timing change:

(left (- (smooth FL_load 0.02) (smooth FL_load 0.03)))
    (right (- (smooth FR_load 0.02) (smooth FR_load 0.03)))
    ->
    (left (- (smooth FL_load 0.02) (smooth FL_load 0.1)))
    (right (- (smooth FR_load 0.02) (smooth FR_load 0.1)))

So if you are playing around, you might be able to optimize those numbers as well.
    (Both the 0.02 and the 0.1)