1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Andy

Andy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ive searched the thread, but cant really find anything recently regarding the Thrustmaster TS PC Racer
    Just wondering if anyone is using this wheel, and if so could they offer advice on which custom file to use and how to set it up?
    Many thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

Just tried latest Karsten version Kuku tuned 5.0.1.2 - New Scrub, holy smokes it's getting so good! Another big leap of development, Kuku you are the tune master, thank you!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Member AMS2 Club Member

I own the TSPC racer and I am using the default one + ( 75-50-50) which is good. Really similar to Raceroom ffb

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andy

Andy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, Ill give that a whirl.

I did mess around for a while, using the latest custom one from here, and it does seem pretty nice using the settings below

upload_2022-2-12_13-48-39.png

upload_2022-2-12_13-48-48.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

The recent custom files likely will benefit from modified values for the Tspc racer, like the "suspension_scale" and "center_full" higher.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Hi Chip

Have got two Chip of the old block tunes for you to try, one of each of rFuktor 5.0.1.2 and 5.0.1.3, as there's a couple of subtle variations and will come down to personal preference.
    Has been an interesting challenge and quite rewarding to bring the weight and strength up to what you are used too.
    a big part of what you liked was to do with much higher use of Yaw and front loading, I have got it feeling pretty close I think and still quite usable, considering there's so many differences between the files, I thought it would be too much but it works without issues, in fact I think I will keep running it like this for now.
    I do get quite close to clipping so I wouldn't want to go any stronger.
    I wonder if this will also be a help for hindrance for lower powered or belt wheels ?

edit, think I will turn down master rack a notch for continued use, gets a bit much on the longer races and I’m not Ermin…:p
    Edit , Archive updated 13/3/22

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

In the past fortnight you guys have really taken this file to the next level.

This file(# NAME: rFuktor 5.0.1.2- New Scrub - Chip off the old block tune - By Kuku) is excellent. My trusty G29 and I managed to knock old mate Nemesis off on the Imola TT in the P3. If he tweaks his gearing my times a goner but none the less, ill take it while i can Benzaah TT No 1.jpg

• Winner Winner x 4
  8. Kuku Maddog

Interesting.

so are you able to turn down Gain from normal levels?
    I thought it might cause clipping on lower powered wheels.
    It’s pretty hard to run at normal level on DD , due to arm numbing fatigue and may not suit cars with excessive yaw. , but hits the brief for Gt cars .

9. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

I couldn't agree more with you. @Kuku Maddog 's rFuktor 5.0.1.2 New Scrub tune really is an fine example of how far we've come with the development of the Silver Raw files. :)

During this weekend I did also tested briefly @Karsten Hvidberg 's latest original rFuktor 5.0.1.3 file and while it felt pretty good out of the box and has a very similar tear and scrub feel with Kuku's rFuktor 5.0.1.2 New Scrub tune, I still prefer Kuku's rFuktor 5.0.1.2 New Scrub tune on my wheelbase as it feels pretty much perfect for me. :)

Kuku wasn't lying when he said this tune is a lap record breaker. :D Since I started to use his New Scrub tune I've made four new lap records already in AMS2 Time Trial mode. Today I did my latest lap record, the record I'm most proud of - Nordschleife with the McLaren MP4/12 - I'm the first person in the world who has been able to get under 4:59.000 lap time. :)

http://www.dropbox.com/s/cngsvdqttx...schleife_tumi_world_record_13-02-22.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/xbmx8syw47..._world_record_13-02-22_sector_times.png?raw=1

I haven't tried yet Kuku's rFuktor 5.0.1.2 / 5.0.1.3 "Chip off the old block" tunes yet. @Kuku Maddog have I got it wrong or are these two "Chip off the old block" files tuned for weight and strenght mainly? I think I will give these a shot tomorrow as the feedback from others here seems quite positive so far. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Kuku Maddog

I think the only difference between 5.0.1.2 and 5.0.1.3 is the way the suspension is reacting.
    i sometimes feels like it gets a bit loose at certain loads or low speed .

The chip off the old block tunes are probably a bit over done for most .and should be considered experimental.

But did help see what can be adjusted for different tastes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Karsten Hvidberg

Happy to hear it tUMi,

5.0.1.3 has a few improvements over 5.0.1.2 when it comes to suspension "roll" and suspension compression feel.

There are very minor differences otherwise between the versions you compare, so I almost think there's some "placebo" possibly in there. But that of course counts too :)

Btw just gotten a very interesting idea for an improvement, so a new version 5.0.1.4 will be coming up when I am back from vacation, I think.

I wonder if anybody's time allows to tweak the suspension timing and values, to maybe improve those more over the 5.0.1.3, that would be really nice. To me 5.0.1.3 was a real big improvement over 5.0.1.2 in that regard, but I think a slight adjustment can make it better, it would be good to have it wrapped up completely.

It would be good since then that could go in to that 5.0.1.4 as well.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Kuku Maddog

Happy Vacation Karsten.
    while experimenting with chips tunes over the weekend, i come to a conclusion that with so many people just running damper on Zero or low , they are probably missing out on some useful friction.
    so wonder if it’s perhaps better to separate Friction from damper slider and potentially the same for subtract rot velocity, and just have a preset value.
    i find that a bit of friction is helpful for self control of body roll transitions to avoid over balance and also just keeping some natural minimum steering weight.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Karsten Hvidberg

Both friction and "damping" are a kind of damping, and some people just want none of it, meaning they actually feel it better at 0. Only the current way supports that.
    I am oblivious how some people on a SC2 or other DD would prefer damping at 0, but at least the current way supports it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

First and foremost, thank you so so much for attempting individualized tunes for me to test! Some quick, back-to-back testing revealed the following:
    -The 5.0.1.2 is my favorite of the two tunes
    -It feels better in almost every aspect than my previous favorite (4.6 Delta X Tune V3)
    -The only thing I need to adjust is the tire losing contact with tarmac after a kerb. With 4.6 Delta X V3, the effect of the tires momentarily leaving the surface of the tarmac is intoxicating. Eau Rouge is a pure joy and closely resembles on-board footage in terms of steering wheel reaction. With 5.0.1.2, the feeling is pretty much gone, but I am guessing it's just a matter of adjusting some effect sliders in the file, so certainly not something you should feel compelled to adjust on my behalf...especially because this is all a matter of personal taste anyway.

Overall, I love the 5.0.1.2 so thanks heaps for spending the time to tune it for me! Oh, and just to chime in on your post directly above: I do not run any dampening either in-game or in my wheelbase software (True Drive). I agree some built in friction is probably important to simulate real-world steering rack feel, but dampening only seems to mute the severe changes in wheel position that make a DD wheel feel so immersive. As with most things though, there is a balance to be struck...I just tend to lean towards preferring a less-dampened feel.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

Hey, Yes it does cause clipping if you don't scale the settings back a little. I was running up to 40 FX on previous files but to be honest, I'm using a G29 so I'm not expecting full road texture and all the subtleties that a DD wheel delivers.

For settings Im running 80 gain(85%ffb incar), 25 low force boost, 25 fx and 50 Damping. I cant turn up the fx more than 25 without clipping on curbs etc but find that with the damping at 50 it feels fuller(id normally only run 15 to 25 damping).

I love the heaviness of the file and the ability to feel the edge of grip and the slip angles in the lower powered P2/3 cars. I might play around with the file a little and adjust the texture scale, kerb scale, centering and the bump/brake feel follow weight. otherwise im finding the file really good.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Hi guys. Anyone can tell me how can I avoid the steering wheel bouncing at 0 km/h speed with no FFB changes during normal driving? I've tried to put 70 % of static force reduction of my SimuCUBE SC2 Pro (top max) but with no changes in it. Thank you.

17. Karsten Hvidberg

Is this with a custom file?
    If so it's the engine vibrations, so search for engine and set it to 0 when at still.

18. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

No, I use the game options only. :/

PD: Sorry, just now I've seen the other thread for no custom FFB settings. We´ll see there. Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  19. Kuku Maddog

fyi

i think i’m going to need to revisit the new scrub scales.
    there are some cars that have very harsh feelings, like the GT1s and just about any porsche in game, there’s bound to be others.
    they feel very jagged and skipping.

Initially i think lower scrub scale and much higher frequency is yielding better feeling.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Kuku Maddog

im beginning to think it may be a case of some cars like the Gt1s for example have unforgiving tire tread models.

the skipping and jumping seems to occur at the slide or slip moment and is made worse by uneven surfaces like at kyalami historic.
    lowering the slide factor does reduce the feeling as it raises the point that the file is trying to communicate grip loss while turning past the ideal steering angle.

drive the Gt1s around kyalami historic and you will get a sense of what I mean.
    It’s like when the tires regain some purchase, they grip to much or too suddenly, making the car jump .

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1