1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I think I prefer to run it centre full a little higher now,
    0.6 is a good middle ground. Just helps feel rotation more firmly.

2. Justdigit

Justdigit New Member

Thanks mate.... Tried several ffb profiles for my CSL DD.... But this is the one!!
    Detailed road feel.... And nice weighed force on the wheel...
    Do you set the CSL DD in DD mode or compatible V2.5 mode?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. WASNLOS

WASNLOS New Member

Couldn't agree more !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Philipp

Philipp New Member

I’ll try this one as well!

5. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I recently switched to rFuktor 5.1.0.3 from Default+ and I love it.
    I had the stear right bug today for the first time since very long and I don't know if it's related to the custom file or a more general ffb issue.
    I just wanted letting you know. No complaint at all.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Great work, @Kuku Maddog ! In my opinion this is definitely an improvement to the original rFuktor 5.0.1.3. Everything on this tune just feels spot on, I think I can now permanently replace your earlier rFuktor 5.0.1.2 New Scrub tune with this one. :)

With your latest rFuktor 5.0.1.3 tune I managed to score another lap record, this time on Kansai GP with the F-USA Gen 3 (Reynard 2Ki Toyota). ;)

http://www.dropbox.com/s/gcd7w6yvwi...ansai_gp_tumi_world_record_20-02-22.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/t8c0ycta9a..._world_record_20-02-22_sector_times.png?raw=1

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Kuku Maddog

There's still some things i prefer from earlier versions..
    depending on the car.
    wondering what @Karsten Hvidberg thought's on this 5.0.1.3 tweak file with small change in Yaw system to relative weight similar to 5.0.1 but still using some part of new delayed system.
    Its helping the feel for me with some problem cars .

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

I wanted to get rid of that weight relation, as an experiment.
    It is giving 2 different kinds of sensation, one that is more related to how heavy a car is and one that is more related to turning velocity.
    Which cars do you think feel better adding back in the weight relation?

9. Kuku Maddog

I’ve been doing a Porsche Gt3 league and i feel i can hold more consistent turning angle with the weight relative, as it can get too much fall off in resistance when getting a bit of lift of oversteer etc.
    haven’t widely tested with others yet but it’s part of that nice steering weight i’ve always liked from 5.0.1 i think

10. Justdigit

Justdigit New Member

I now see that I am running a pretty "old" version.
    Silver Raw rFuktor 4.6 momentum rack 6.3
    Karsten with shadak & Panos.

Like I said for the CSL DD it feels right....
    I have tried latest version from @Kuku Maddog.
    But there was no detail to be felt.... Detail in the sense of road bumps and wheel grind.

Maybe that's supposed to?? All those terms in the changelog...Some of them are abracadabra to me.

11. Kuku Maddog

The latest few files i’ve posted are more just live experimenting, but still remain usable and of the current direction.
    some of them have softened a tad because i’ve been running a lot of bumpy cars and my wheel is very strong on bumps so it’s more for comfort as much as control.
    h be, that said the calculations for. bumps haven’t changed hugely between 4.6 and 5.0.123…..
    so inputting in the same scale values should get to similar levels.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Yes, unfortunately the files are getting worse and worse

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  13. Justdigit

Justdigit New Member

I will try your ffbsettings again this week with current Fanatec and AMS settings.

I am in no means of an expert or something. But appreciate mod guys like you. Who makes the gameplay better.

14. Kuku Maddog

as always.. There’s no requirement to use newer files, if you find one that suits your wheel and tastes, stick with it or at least don’t spend to much time comparing if a couple of simple scale changes don’t feel right

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

Love your insight and positivity!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Kuku Maddog

Need to do some more testing , but when using older yaw system with 5.0.1 tune.( which im still fond of incl Alt scrub)
    I found the Grip code worked quite well.
    but then i also found that its quite workable to use both weight and grip,.

(yaw_l (* yaw_l (grip_fl grip_feel_rear rel_weight_relaxed_FL)))
    (yaw_r (* yaw_r (grip_fr grip_feel_rear rel_weight_relaxed_FR)))

im not sure if its correct implementation but it certainly didn't harm the feel and i was successfully able to run it like this in league race.

17. Kuku Maddog

I think this way is better when used in conjunction with standard Yaw from earlier version. ( no delay)

(yaw_l (* yaw_l grip_fl grip_feel_rear rel_weight_relaxed_FL))
    (yaw_r (* yaw_r grip_fr grip_feel_rear rel_weight_relaxed_FR))

seems to blend nicely and offset each other allowing for less exaggeration of one or the other ..

18. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

Hey @Kuku Maddog (and co.) - interesting you bring up the yaw....
    I've been tinkering with all your tunes for a bit now... and the 'RD' one of mine attached (based on the delta-X-2) has been my long term fav - more tyres, more 'bite' and less weight transfer.... with a nice balance of other stuff. For me, the 'yaw' thing changed after this variant... and it's hard to explain it.. but I feel like there was more delay and 'inertia' to the yaw in the files that followed, meaning it wasn't as sharp to sense/catch the slides... as it felt a) there was an extra lag and b) that the 'crossover' (I think you call it) was later... so you sensed the inertia or momentum of the slide later than the earlier file... all resulting in less 'connection' with what the car is doing in it's rotation which meant it's harder to finesse inputs/correct things before they happen.... hope that makes some sort of sense?

I liked your recent 'chip of the old block' tunes, as they felt a little more like my 'RD' tune attached.... but they also felt far too light to me when you got into under/oversteer - like the difference between a loaded car and a skidding car went from 90 to 10.... where as I'd expect it to be less (IMO of course!)
    So the 5.0.13 (in the FFB attached) is getting there again for me... but the yaw still feels a little more laggy/late and I'd love more tyres like in my RD (your scrub has come on though!)

btw - not asking for any tunes... just offering opinions... take them or leave them :) and thanks again to everyone for their work on these.... cracking stuff.

Attached Files:

19. Kuku Maddog

Hi Rob

That’s going back some time so can’t remember what that was like without trying out myself later . but it was V2 was based on 4.6 files which had the caster feel which did give a little more tire feel especially mid turn and counter steering.

it’s hard to get that same thing with later 5.0+ files but i think it does a better job of lateral loading and once used to it , it’s a better representation of speed. with tire feel being more to do with its loading than its angle to the road if you know what i mean..

I’m still mostly running 5.0.1 for my own personal use, just because it’s still more suited to what i want and seems to work with just about any car.
    some of the later experimenting tunes may be slightly better in one car, but then not as the goo the next’ dependent on how the tires behave.
    some have very pronounced tear bite for example.

i’ve always liked car balance (yaw) to be as unfiltered as possible, but also not exaggerated.
    high yaw scales can give a very connected feeling but can be overdone and overpowering also.

With the latest file’s you might like to try disabling the understeer and yaw relaxers with a # in front.
    it can have a sharper more instant feel , and doesn’t seem to break anything..
    Well as far as i know

• Like Like x 1
  20. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

I like the feel of this "yaw tweak" variant of yours. In my opinion it started to feel even better after I added the lines into the file you mentioned here earlier in your post #4517, the steering weight is in excellent state now in this tune after your yaw tweak. :)

If someone wants to try out the file with your additional yaw tweaks (in case someone is unsure of how to add the lines mentioned into the file), I have uploaded it here for a quick access.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1