1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Such a busy topic...it looks like you are non stop working to improve AMS2 FFB.
    What are you or others recommending for a CSWv2 now? Ive got the latest from post 2, is that the file to use and if so what in game settings to start at? Does dampening work as dampening again?

2. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hey @2ndLastJedi,

The last file is 1 page back here in this thread. I would think you would need to use slightly higher gain than my suggestion for Torstein.
    Damping is now damping again, yes.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

Hey @Karsten Hvidberg
    Can it be that more gain is needed after experimental 8 vs your latest file? Or are you still using the same settings for your simucube?

4. Karsten Hvidberg

I increased master_rack slightly in the last file:

(master_rack 0.76)

So the earlier experimentals required slightly more gain in-game compared, yes.

5. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I’ve found the last couple of experimental files rather odd feeling, like it’s lost lots of weight and strength of detail, I’m not sure what’s happening or if I’m getting a bug or something, but it’s just strange , feels very vague , soft and mushy.
    I’ve not got time to investigate why this is happening, and are working on something else in between, and trying to test different features individually.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Your latest is a massive improvement from the older rfukter files i tried. From my little time today I think it gives the dampening to the Formula v12 that I've been missing.
    More testing to come.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

@Karsten Hvidberg
    Have you tested your latest file with Karts.
    for me they seem undrivable

8. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Für alle, die eine ehrliche und hervorragend funktionierende benutzerdefinierte Datei suchen

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Lars Mars , I think, if I'm not mistaken, it hasn't been optimized for a long time ... regardless of karts I've always had better driving experience or better consistency using FFB default or default +, try using it. .. so I would recommend to recalibrate the customized file by comparing it side by side and step by step with the default ffb and find at least (voice by voice) the values that bring the two sensations closer, even better if you improve ... being just a very unpleasant tuning, it would be convenient for someone to take care of it to relieve Karsten of this task ... ;)
    If Karsten can't and nobody has the time or the skills to do it, after I finish my ffb file (maybe after tonight), I'll try to recalibrate the karts one of these days ... I hope to have the skills and especially the strength because now I'm a little tired due to my low stamina ... :(

10. Karsten Hvidberg

As @Stakanov also mentions, in short, no. Time has not allowed it, unf.

11. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have to agree this file feels very good on my DD1.

Thank you for posting it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Stakanov

OK guys, the kart tuning remain WIP or not touch, but the file is for me complete, functional and tuned ... i attached here the last mod with name rFuctor 5.0.1.4 - 4W. GRIP & STRECH.MOD (based on 5.0.1.4) and i also attached my previous rFuctor 5.0.X.X 4W.GRIP.MOD (based on 5.0.1.3) with also the last original Karsten's file rFuctor 5.1.0.4 modified only in code alignment for graphic comparison with the program Notepad++ and plug-in Compare. ;)

Like last time the file is unique for everyone (DD, High or Low End, Gear or Belt) and I have not made any specific optimization for the Logitech bases, indeed the total tuning of the file was made by your values that you mainly use DD bases and good even for me.

For your convenience, I added more explanatory notes and various advice (for novices) in the file, moreover, to cover the whole range of steering wheels, I added the alternative setting values if the same choices between users and/or the different steering wheels is not possible, especially with DD, because are irreconcilable. ;)

###########################################################
    Name: rFuktor 5.0.1.4 - 4W. GRIP & STRECH MOD
    Mod and Tuned by Stakanov for all wheels

# ADVISES FOR LOGITECH G923/G920/G29

1) In game setting, select "Custom" with this starting value:
    GAIN 95* - LFB 25 - FX 65 (+/- 10 to taste) - DP (Damping) 15.
    *Then, in the car setting, use +/- % of Gain for car to taste!!!
    2) Logitech HUB Setting
    Last version with default value
    (900° and all sensitivity to 50)
    3) AMS2 Game Menù Setting
    900° - All deadzone to 0 - All sensitivity to 50 except the throttle on range 20-30
    If you use manual clutch try to set also this slide of sensitivity on range 20-30

# ADVISES FOR OTHER LOW/MED GEAR/BELT WHEELS (Logitech or No)
    1) In game try to start with your usual value or with this starting range-value:

GAIN 50-95* - LFB 05-25 - FX 30-70 - DP (Damping) 05-15.

# ADVISES FOR DD & HIGHEND WHEELS
    1) In game try to start with your usual value or with this starting range-value:

GAIN 30-80* - LFB 00-20 - FX 30-70 - DP (Damping) 00-15.

EDIT: If you fell heavy the wheel in the cornering try to go down with gain, but if you don't like, the value are only to be adjusted using the alternative values in the file and according to your tastes and wheel ... the items for change this in cornering are: power_steering, power_steering_angular, velocity_res_scale, velocity_rot_scale, velocity_rot_limit_coef .... but even for the general load force feel we have this others items: tyre_resistence, limit_high_df, exaggerate_load_feel, static_force_reduction and the two variables exp_static_force_reduction ... ;-)

I hope you like .... thanks to all those users/friends who have had the patience to help me, since I can't do long sessions of tests.... good night to all!!! ;)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
  13. Stakanov

@Karsten Hvidberg ... I have tried in every way to keep the double center but I have not succeeded, the comparison with a single value together with the "blend" remains superior in consistency and coherence ... moreover I have not been able to remove the items relating to weight and to the grip both in the yaw and in the center, taking them off is pleasant on the one hand but makes the sensations more vague on the other ... for the rest I managed to keep all the news related to 5.0.1.4 ... if I can I always try to follow your development. ;)
    In this way I was able to overcome my personal feeling compared to the excellent 5.0.1 ... :cool:

The conservation of the power_steering is only facade, because if you convert the values you get the same results as your last one file ... why do I do it??? Just to quickly change from damping to power_steering and see how the file reacts ... :)

Another deepening deserves the topics "grip, strech and slip" and because "scrub and tear" are inverted, but tonight I'm exhausted and I'll make it clear another day!!!

Thanks for all master ... and good night to all!!!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  14. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Thanks for posting this file . Is this compatible with the current public beta build ?

15. Manolo

Manolo Member

Thanks as usual @Stakanov , you have outdone yourself as always, the file is beautiful and the indications together with the alternative values are useful ... compared to your excellent first modified version (very direct and decisive) I now feel the softer and more sinuous tires, always informative at the same time to a greater balance between the front and rear sensations. ;)
    For this reason you added stretch in the name? o_O

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Karsten Hvidberg

Thank you for your thoughts and added information, @Stakanov!

And thank you for all your efforts, despite circumstances, a true inspiration, and taking this whole ping pong experience between us all to another level!

I am really looking forward to giving your files a go!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm currently using it on the public release candidate with no issues.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Yes, of couse
    Regards

• Like Like x 1
  19. Stakanov

It is not a fancy name but it is precisely the use of the strech to influence the grip and other voices ... the game or its physics processes its Strech value for each wheel FL, FR, RL and RR ... in the top of Karsten's file we have how this code is after utilized or managed...

(FL_stretch (power FL_stretch (power (abs FL_stretch) -0.025)))
    (FR_stretch (power FR_stretch (power (abs FR_stretch) -0.025)))
    (RL_stretch (power RL_stretch (power (abs RL_stretch) -0.05)))
    (RR_stretch (power RR_stretch (power (abs RR_stretch) -0.05)))

The strech above indicated in 1° Block (with different front/rear power coefficient) is oblivious linked to the fuction tyre_strech (2° Block where are all the component for the karsten strech tyres) ... where are even the grip function, but even here i remenber that in original code, in the front the grip_fl/fr is absent...

(tyre_fl_stretch (* front_tyre_stretch_feel grip_fl FL_stretch angle_d_l wheel_diam_FL 0.5))
    (tyre_fr_stretch (* front_tyre_stretch_feel grip_fr FR_stretch angle_d_r wheel_diam_FR 0.5))
    (tyre_rl_stretch (* rear_tyre_stretch_feel grip_rl RL_stretch angle_d_l wheel_diam_RL 0.5))
    (tyre_rr_stretch (* rear_tyre_stretch_feel grip_rr RR_stretch angle_d_r wheel_diam_RR 0.5))

I solved the intrusiveness and the management of the grip on both fronts (front and rear) by first leveling the strech equally on the first block of code (increasing or reducing strech), and then I can define how much this modification impacts on the grip and others inserted in all the lines of the second block of code (the items multiply each other and therefore affect each other) ... so now by increasing or reducing the strech I also affect the grip and all the other items within the second block ... this has brought not only the possibility of management but also the homogeneity of the values obtaining less oscillations because there is no difference between the wheels and fronts.

The values to choose in 1° Block are as many as 0.025, 0.050, 0.075 or 0.25, 0.50 and 0.75 ... and so on ... and each one has a different and homogeneous result allowing the values coming from physics to do the rest ... or at least I hope so! :D

I created and inserted a new variable to manage it "strech_tyres_power_feel" ;)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Stakanov This latest file is extremely heavy for me in cornering. Loads up a lot. I have change a lot of the normal lines to counteract it but is still heavy. If I lower GAIN, it is just too light around the centre. I will try increasing power steering value to see if that helps.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1