1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I’m still struggling to find suitable FFB settings. I still think it’s a result of the changes on Reiza’s end. I have made some progress though! As suggested here, deleting my AMS2 documents folder and starting from scratch fixed the strange FFB behavior where FFB was almost non-existent at low speeds, and then scaled aggressively as speed increased. However, I still can’t find a FFB file that feels correct to me. The consistent issue with the custom files (most notably the ATMOS series) is that adding steering angle drastically increases resistance felt at the wheel even when the car is already under steering. Ironically, the problem is the opposite in the Default FFB file: The steering goes way too light mid corner as the car begins to slip (actually even before understeering). Hopefully, progress can be made by either Reiza or someone on these forums. Right now, the game is definitely playable, but not very enjoyable.

2. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The 5.0.1.3 file is pretty well annotated - maybe try altering the tyre_resistance values to address your issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I use one of the Atmos versions, with a few of my own tweaks. I think that may be the ultimate solution for those of us with defined personal preferences in ffb. I'm not aware of any other title where we have so many parameters (in ffb) to adjust to suit our very own taste.

In regard to use of these custom-ffb files, setting of the in-game ffb sliders may have a larger impact on the resulting ffb. Striking a proper balance may be even more significant in finding the desired sweet-spot. Defining the Sweet-spot though, may require a good deal of experimentation while pushing the limits (custom-ffb parameters) in order to identify where effects become too extreme for user taste.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GeekyDeaks

GeekyDeaks Member AMS2 Club Member

This is probably common knowledge by now, but one thing I have started to do to save some time is replace a slider assignment with a constant value and then re-use that slider with the setting I want to play with so I don't have to restart to see what effect it has in-game

• Like Like x 2
  5. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I pretty much agree with this sentiment. With all the respect but that's the reason why I'm not liking the Atmos files. There are FFB effects that I personally don't need, one being what you just mentioned above, the increasing resistance felt with increasing cornering speed and steering angle.
    It's also true that the default FFB option is the complete opposite, which does also feel wrong to me.

I have been using @Danielkart's files, they really worked best for me, but it seems he's added the same effect to his file from v40 on so I went back to using older files. V38 and v39 felt best to me, give them a go maybe if you haven't already and see how it goes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hello Ricxx nice to hear from you again. Of course, the V42 has integrated the yaw and the static force, which brings enormous advantages. Of course, this makes it a bit harder and there is more resistance in the corners. But you can easily correct it with the value (power_steering_angle 0.35) . Maybe 0.45 or even 0.5 it's a matter of taste. Greetings Daniel:)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. ricxx

Thanks, I'll give it a try then ^^

8. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

hello @Danielkart ,

I use your last file and I'm really satisfied, thanks for that.

I would now like to reduce a little the feeling of the grip of the tires at the start of a race, can you tell me which parameter to change?

thanks

9. Danielkart

10. EsxPaul

EsxPaul New Member

Have you tried increasing static force reduction with true drive?

11. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks @Danielkart , it's good for me.
    Have a good day.

• Like Like x 1
  12. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member AMS2 Club Member

@Danielkart you have nailed it for the DD2 - well done. I now feel more confident than ever using your file

Only changes are

# In Game: FX 35

# Base
    # NDP: OFF
    # NIN: OFF
    # FEI: 50%

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. ricxx

So, I tried altering the power_steering_angular value to 0.5 and it's definitely more to my liking. Will try other values as well and see how it goes. Can only recommend it to those who don't want too much of that force while cornering.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chip

It's a good suggestion, but I haven't tried it yet because the problem isn't that forces are too strong in the corners, it's that they continue to increase in force as steering angle is increased even if the car is sliding wide out of the corner. Can't hurt to try though!

• Like Like x 1
  15. EcoBrum

EcoBrum New Member

This is the last known ATMOS 1.4 with/without yaw (I don't know if it is definitive version 1.4, in the file the date indicated is 01/07/22) and I use this with many others users ... I think it has never been published due to the absence of the same creator. If you like your melody you can adapt the file as you want, just copy the values into the file.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Chip

Great suggestion! Out of the box, I preferred v39 over v42 and also over the ATMOS. I’m sure all files can be tweaked to exactly what each person wants though, so this is simply my observation of which default values suit my tastes the best out of the custom files.

@Danielkart The v39 is really close to being perfect to me, but I’d like to change two things if possible:

1) The scrub effect is a little too noisy/prominent for my tastes when the car begins to find the edge of grip and continues to oversteer. Is there a way to lessen this? I didn’t know if reducing FX slider would lessen this, but also other things along with it that I don’t want to change.

2) Is there anyway to adjust how much lighter the resistance gets as more and more of an oversteer is occcuring? Right now I basically have to calculate how wide out of a corner I’m going to run based mostly on visual cues, but if I could exaggerate/adjust the lightness at the wheel when this happens, that would complete my needs.

Thank you so much for the great suggestions. I still need to try v38 as well as static force reduction, and lastly still need to try adjusting the steering angle power steering you mentioned earlier.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

try this out chip , it’s what i’ve been using for a couple of months and it does everything i need it to do and there’s good control of noise with plenty of flexibility of FX slider .
    sometimes i need to run low Fx because of running late at night and need less vibrations so not to intrude on other’s sleep. but i still get good tire feel.
    rFuktor 5.0.1K - Google Drive

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Danielkart

Hello Chip! To your first question, there are many values that might make it better for you. You can reduce scrub_scale, or in-game FX. Or reduce the gain in-game. Or reduce the stretch values of FL FR RL RR. You see there are countless variations but the nice thing is that the file allows it because there are no more anomalies. Everything can now be changed according to personal taste. Karten's FFB physics is awesome because it works now and everything harmonizes together. Your 2question you can play with over_steer_scale. But for me it makes less sense to feel the lightness when oversteering, rather for the front axle when understeering. Regards

• Like Like x 1
  19. ricxx

I tried your file yesterday and I really like it. Definitely among my favourites. Thanks again to all file tuners who put lots of time into this and share them so people can improve their driving experience.

Could've stumbled across it much earlier, though, if there was one place in this thread were all the different files could be presented.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Hey! might have been asked before but I don't know how to find it - Would anyone happen to know some good configuration files for the Logitech G920? I've been running the latest version of rfuktor, and while I like it, it doesn't feel super solid - I feel like most of the cars are sliding all of the time, specially through corners. Only find this feeling in AMS2 compared to other sims, but I have heard this might be due to poorly setup FFB. Anyone has any tips?