1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Try this topic for Logitech's wheels

Logitech G29/G920/G27/G25 FFB Thread?

:)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Only now trying v42, TS-PC, and it feels great!
    Thanks @Danielkart .

• Like Like x 2
  3. Manolo

Manolo Member

This version 1.4 had escaped me, thanks for the report, together with that of kuku (many criticisms and disputes but never had doubts about the skills) the only correct and without errors in the code to date, obviously excluding the correctness of the original.

I use ATMOS 1.3.3 and now exploring 1.4 ... but use what you want ... we have been out of control for some time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

The advice is right, or you still with Daniel v38 or go with last kuku.... or go with original files ... the version after are wrong in the code and/or without output effect!!!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. EcoBrum

EcoBrum New Member

I agree, for now i use files with the 5.0.1.4 bases (atmos 1.4 or original) with a little retune, with last update of game (after 1.3.8.0) the tire and grip are wonderful and with old 5.0.1 i lost the grip sensations but i am ok with Daniel v38 and last kuku files!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Great Ape

Great Ape Member

Been a while since I've been on (life etc) - could someone point me in the right direction for the current files for a Fanatec CSL Elite?

Appreciate the help.

7. Louie

Louie New Member

Hi, I'm a proper noob when it comes to these files. Do I need a base file to copy the settings you have in your txt file, or do I just put the one you have posted straight into the AMS2 documents?

May thabjs

8. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Here we discuss the custom FFB files, share settings for various wheel bases & iterate to improve what we have.

---- Custom ffb file installation information ----

1) Download the file.
    2) Rename it "ffb_custom_settings.txt" if named otherwise.
    3) Copy&replace file in to the "Documents\Automobilista 2" folder.
    4) Restart the game completely.
    5) In game, go to "options -> controls -> force feedback" and set "Type" to "Custom".

You can always get the custom ffb file that corresponds to "Default" type back by simply deleting the file from the folder again. AMS2 will create it on next restart.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Danielkart

Good morning! I will post a new custom before 1.4 by Reiza. I think I was able to correct the last big problem very well. With large forces (dd bases) it became brutally difficult to steer in very slow and tight corners. Even if the car came to a standstill or with the steering wheel fully locked. This anomaly is also very extreme on Default and Default+. Good to see and feel in the ffb graph. You'll notice this improvement best on city routes. Even smaller improvements for the stability and handling of the car. Small adjustment of the dd base settings. If not necessary, I won't change anything after the 1.4 update from Reiza. Everything can be deleted, changed or hidden according to personal taste. Have fun with the custom file Greetings Daniel:)

• Like Like x 4
  10. Danielkart

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V42 from Daniel

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  11. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Thx Danielkart
    It's maybe suitable also for logitechs?
    :) :)

12. Danielkart

Hi! The file is suitable for all bases. But of course you can also try other Customs. Regards

• Like Like x 1
  13. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe New Member

Where can we find these custom files? Want to try this too

14. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not that it's that important but wouldn't this be v43? I also noticed that there was no v41 or did I miss it?
    Anyways, looking forward to trying this new one out ^^

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am actually in love with the default profile. I made a little vid on the topic. Hopefully this helps some people with FFB settings:

16. Danielkart

Hello ricxx! Yes, that's right V41 was only available for a short time for me. V42 will remain because it works very well. But you're right I could have named it V42-1. Or write the date to the file. There are also values that you could delete or hide but it doesn't do anything to the file and maybe I can use it again later. The most important thing for me is to feel the car and the track. Then I can control a car and react to mistakes. Thanks for your feedback I will follow your advice Greetings from Daniel:)

• Like Like x 2
  17. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You have one file just 3 posts above yours. If you take a look a few pages back you'll find some more files from other people as well.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe New Member

Thanks, missed that.

19. kbasic

kbasic New Member

If you own a DD1 or DD2 you must give Danielkart's latest ffb custom files a go. It's amazing how he continues to improve with every update. FFB is highly subjective but I believe his files are the best. They bring out the best in my DD2 wheelbase for certain.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe New Member

We own Simucube 1 and 2 over here. But thanks for the tip. Will try them out!