1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 Member

Yes, that one is pretty good :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

yes a default profile that actually had the parameters and a description nect to them should be normal, i mean currently we have an editable file with zero information on how to edit it

• Like Like x 2
  3. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

where can i find this atmos ffb?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Handpflegecreme

Handpflegecreme Member AMS2 Club Member

Try the fanalab Profiles from Maurice Böschen....FanaLab - Share your favorite profiles - Page 26 I'm using a DD1. In combination with Danilekarts custom files it feels great to me

5. munkyboo

munkyboo Member

Kukus ffb file with Tumi’s modifications in the zip folder felt the most immersive to me on my DD1 out of the few I tried in this thread.

I also felt the base Kuku file was a bit weak based on needs, so Tumi modifications did it for me.
    I liked the SC1 one better than SC2 for my dd1.

Tried the recent Atmos 05 1.4 with Yaw on the previous several pages. Was very nice except I couldn’t use it really, because during turns, even slow and prolonged ones the ffb became very hard to turn the wheel.
    Felt unnatural and would hurt lap times, otherwise the overall feel is great.
    As I don’t want to lower the overall force as it will lower everything else too.

Also there were big jolts with kerbs or crashes so have to turn force intensity down too much.

in Daniel karts version, it’s quite unique in that I felt the rear of the car a great deal with it. But it just didn’t suit me as in my mind it didn’t feel realistic (subjective). Though I can see how people would like it.

Lastly, I found the normal Default plus had a lot of weird behaviour and excessive noise that you had to make everything less detailed by turning force intensity down a lot.
    the wheel moves all over the place to the point that it hurts lap times - even with Fx off or on 5.
    It’s too harsh over kerbs and too much vibrations in the wheel constantly unless smoothing is turned on higher, which I don’t want.
    Mostly it sort of felt tiring or mentally taxing to drive with default plus in a way

I think for immersion purposes too much is a bad thing as it suddenly feels like your not using a steering wheel of a real car despite all the ffb is trying to tell you about the car… if that makes sense. Need to find the right balance.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I had very similar experience with the custome files you mentioned but I do prefer Danielkarts with Tumi's a close second. Default imo is much better than Default+. Default + makes many of the cars undrivable with severe snap oversteer on corner exits. IMO default + is in need of a overhaul after the completed physics updates. I hope Reiza would make default + more closely inline with one of these excellent FFB files.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Stepy

Stepy Member

This is the one I`m using on my TGT- II atm with a few personal tweaks.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Actually, to be accurate, the two files in @Kuku Maddog 's ZIP archive you mentioned, named "ffb_custom_settings -Tumi SC Pro tweak.txt" and "ffb_custom_settings -Tumi SC2 Pro tweak.txt" are identical as far as I know. So there should be absolutely no difference between those two files.

To confirm this I checked the file size for both files. I also checked the parameters and values I altered in the file and both files have exactly the same modifications made to Kuku's base file. The two files have exactly the same file size of 48 639 bytes. The file name is the only difference between those two files.

To be honest, I don't know why my tweaked file has been included as two "different" files in the ZIP archive (the file names also doesn't make much sense to me). I guess only Kuku can answer these questions. :whistle:

But my tweaked file itself that is included in Kuku's ZIP archive is perfectly fine, just don't pay too much attention to file names, just pick one of the two, copy-paste it to your "Automobilista 2" folder located inside "My Documents" folder and have fun with it. ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Stefan Denninger

Stefan Denninger New Member

i dont like that tune of maurice because it just feels like on rails. You dont feel the back breaking out. You dont feel compression. You dont feel (front) wheel slip…
    Its easy to drive, yes. You can drive very fast with this file, yes.
    But i think it is very far away from being realistic or immersive.
    I found a way to get some effects back, like the effect of speed or heavy breaking that stiffens the steering. Or that going over low compression does the exact opposite.
    I will upload my tuned file (combination of maurice and atmos i think) at the end of the week. But i am still searching for a way to get a little more understeer-feel, not as much as in default but just as much that you can feel the limit of grip on the front wheels.

if anyone knows what i mean i would be very thankful for suggestions.

btw: nordschleife is an easy track to test all of the above mentioned effects. You only have to drive the first half of the track and got everything important - effect- and feeling-wise…

10. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Tumi,
    I didn't notice the file duplicated when editing name.
    I have amended the folder, but that means a new link added to previous post Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations and also in my Signature as always.

11. Theodore Schultz

Once again this shows the beauty of AMS2. You can create and share FFB files that you prefer instead of being stuck with only minor adjustments in all the other major sims.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Stefan Denninger

So true! I liked and do like ams2 so much. It is my preferred sim for graphics, vr, time trials and ai racing. Tried iracing, acc, rfactor2 and all the others too. Nothing compares to ams2. Only assetto corsa for just driving around and the modability can get close in how much fun and enjoyement it gives me. And it is just so un-complicated and user friendly! Hop in and drive! (And get crazy about the modability of the great FFB - first-world-problems we have…)

REIZA rules!

13. Theodore Schultz

Also have you tried Reiza's "custom" FFB file? It maybe more inline with what you are looking for. Just delete the ffb_custom_settings file and then start the game up and go to the in game custom ffb profile. It will reset the file to the "bare bones" ffb file. I actually prefer it to default and default+. IMO and on my wheel it feels very similar to rF2.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Stefan Denninger

Thanks for the input theo. Actually i havent tried this option. I will definitively give it go when im home again.

Theo, which wheel do you use?

15. Theodore Schultz

Just the “cheap” T300. Trying to decide which DD to upgrade to.

16. madkingdom

madkingdom New Member

Hello everyone, im kinda new to this sim. Havent played in a while , but with the latest update and VR (and new setup) im ready to race once again. My G27 (i know is not the best pro wheel) but it serves me well. The thing is, i c cant find all those files you guys are talking about. Can anyone guide me to those> and i mean are those recent ones>? thansk and sorry bad english!

17. Theodore Schultz

page 277 second post for DanielKart v44

18. madkingdom

madkingdom New Member

oCan u help me with those settings you re taking about? Which parameters do u change for center tightness? or can u share your file? thanks!

19. easy81

easy81 Member

@Kuku Maddog ciao .... è il tuo nuovo file personalizzato?

20. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

“Hello .... is this your new custom file?”

No nothing new about it , i’ve had it in this state for months, Tumi has recently tweaked levels to suit stronger feel.

“Non c'è niente di nuovo, ce l'ho in questo stato per mesi, Tumi ha recentemente modificato i livelli per adattarsi alla sensazione più forte.”

• Like Like x 1