1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hi! This will be difficult because you don't have a Fanatec base and the V3 pedals are connected directly to the Fanatec base. Then Fanalab can be used and it can be set there with the vibrations. I used to have the V3 pedals and the brake performance kit so you could adjust the power to personal taste. Maybe they are looking for help in another thread

2. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

this is completely off topic, but you can have a look at simhub Download – SimHub, DIY Sim Racing Dash and Hardware and configure the shake it motors. you will find info on their discord channel

• Like Like x 2
  3. Stefan Denninger

Stefan Denninger New Member

I wasted one week trying to tweak many ffb-files to my taste and just gave your file another shot after being not completely d´accord with my tweaks.
    Well, what can i say... The file you posted feels excellent. Weight-distribution, wheel getting light, slip... it´s all in there. Now I erased 10 custom-FFB-Files and will stick to the one you posted.
    At least we should be up and racing instead of getting upset with to much tweakin-around.
    Thanks Kuku!!! I feel better now :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. GoobMB

GoobMB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello guys.
    I returned to simracing after 6months break, and I wonder. After tons of patches I cannot get FFB to my liking now, as I had it before. I absolutely do not care about modern stuff like GT3, GTE, modern formulas, whatever... I race only old stuff like DTM, old stock cars, GT legends, Group C etc etc.
    My goal is max immersion and here I fail. Stock + profile feels good, wheel is properly heavy and weighted, but it adds absolutely weird counterlock effect. Like if there was some canned aid which I cannot turn off. Also the wheel is oscillating when not being held, even with damping at 50 ingame and 30 on base. I also tried newest builds of custom files (I used to use Kuku's file before) but the wheel is too light to my taste (and to what I know these old cars had, especially old formulas). There is basically zero resistance at low speeds and no "support" from gyroscopic effects at high speed, even with powersteering at zero.
    Is there some mysterious setting which I could not find, please?
    CSL DD 8Nm, 32cm rim.

5. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Gave up tweeking after many hours
    It seems can get great results but always a sacrifice here or there

been using the default
    Actually really good now I’ve tuned into it
    It seems to be a good fine subtle balance between most of the available effects & it works well across cars

would still like a slight bit more suspension effect though lol

6. Val Hoggard

Val Hoggard New Member

I couldnt believe the difference in your tweaks of rFuktor 5.0!
    I too love rFuktor 5.0.1 just the way it is! :)

Thank you KuKu!!
    :hurrayreiza:

7. Fernando Alves Souto

Fernando Alves Souto New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello everyone, after so many pages has anyone made a selection of the best settings for the various steering wheels? I have a G27, any suggestions for a setup that works well? thanks

8. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Logitech G29/G920/G27/G25 FFB Thread?

:)

9. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

This is for G29, but will prob work on G27 as well. Feels great!
    G920 Custom FFB file after AMS2 Sept updates

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone using a Simagic Alpha or Alpha mini with one of these files. I have a mate who has just bought one, set it up and the game continually stutters using a custom FFB file. He changes to Default or Default+, and all stutters are gone. He was using a CSW 2.5 before that and had no problems using a custom file. Anyone got any ideas? Would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

11. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I use an alpha mini and rFuktor 5.0.1.3. Neve had any stuttering issues, and never heard of any. Would expect anything like that to have surfaced on the simagic discord, but haven't seen anything. I've inferred from other issues/posts that the custom ffb file is processed regardless of whether the user has selected to use it, in which case it would be more likely a simagic/usb/emi/pc issue than AMS2/custom file.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Michael Enright

Yeah, I didn't think it was the file. But the only time the Game stutters is when he actually uses a custom file. The file can be in the Documents folder and use the Default or Default+ profile and it will not stutter. Switch to the Custom FFB File, and stutters are back, and a lot of them. He has tried a few different files, and they all do the same thing. This is indeed a strange one. There is no problems with AMS1, AC, ACC, RF2 or Raceroom, only AMS2, and only when he uses a Custom FFB File. Was hoping that someone had the same issue. Oh well. Back to square one. Thanks for the reply.

13. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Never had an issue with running file on my Alpha Mini, I still use the older Alpha manager , rather than Sim pro.

14. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

This looks like a specific problem with your friend's base

15. Michael Enright

Or could it be to do with SimPro Manager like @Kuku Maddog suggested. He does indeed use SimPro, not the older Alpha one. Could be the cause. Who knows. I will suggest it to him, unless there are others here who do use the Beta SimPro Manager.

16. MickT

I've been using Simpro for a couple of months, so probably not that. However, plenty of people on the simagic discord with various other issues that aren't universal. Definitely worth a try with the older firmware + Alpha Manager, unless it's a really new base, in which case you're stuck with SimPro.

17. Michael Enright

Can't even find a download link for Alpha Manager any more, only Simpro Manager. It is only in Beta, so could get better. Wheel Base is brand new, so I guess he's stuck.
    Have you had any issues at all?
    Thanks guys.

18. MickT

I've been pretty lucky - any issues I've had are now resolved, and I'm really happy with the gear.

That said, whilst we're all used to beta versions of software, and deciding for ourselves if we want the latest and greatest, I don't think it's reasonable for simagic to sell new hardware that's only supported by beta software, without something stable to fall back on.

Instructions and links for Alpha Manager here, but if it's brand new, it probably won't work. It won't brick it or anything, but if it reports some error like firmware version 16000, then it's SimPro only.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Michael Enright

Thanks for that. I'll pass it on. I'm actually looking at a complete new rig. New to me, but 2nd hand. It includes a Simagc Alpha, so all this info may be good for me too.
    Which Custom File do you guys use with your Simagic bases?
    Thanks guys.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  20. greyhardy

greyhardy New Member

Is there a way to get the Default+ FFB parameters, so I can set up a "Default+ Custom FFB file" with, for example, a bit more load under braking and more loose feeling when oversteering?
    Default+ is just perfect for me except thow two things :/ (Driving on VRS)