1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Roy Jones

Roy Jones New Member

Thank you very much! I'll be interested to see what changes it'll bring.

2. Dirk Muessener

Dirk Muessener New Member

So much knowledge in this thread, so my question might be in the correct place
    I'm driving with a CSL-Elite Base with Damper at 100% and Spring at 0% in the base settings and I'm wondering which value(s?) I have to edit to avoid the wheel getting lighter the 'longer' a turn gets. The 'longer' a turn is, the heavier the steering should get, at least in my opinion. I might be wrong but this is something I really dislike about the AMS 2 FFB.
    Many thx in advance.
    Kind regards

3. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hello Dirk! Your question is a little too vague. There are many custom files and each file behaves differently. The base settings are also a matter of taste, but your 100% damping is very high. If you prefer more drag and downforce in long fast corners, increase the value (velocity_res_scale ).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

You are right in one respect, if your front tyres are still at peak grip all through the long turn and that turn is not becoming more shallow as it goes on .
    Are you certain you aren't losing grip from the front and understeering slightly? This would translate a loss of force through the wheel if you were ( in most ffb files )

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dirk Muessener

Dirk Muessener New Member

Thx for your replies! I have had lots of test drives and I don't think that I'm losing grip on the front end Will change the (velocity_res_scale ) and see how it feels. As for now I don't use any custom file, just the default +.
    Will report back later.
    Thx again:)!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Theoloop

Theoloop Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Danielkart Thank you for another excellent FBB file release, been using these for awhile and it's changed ams2 for me. I do have a question regarding flat spots though, with my Simucube 2 I cant feel them at all in the feedback, even when purposely flat spotting the wheels. Is this an AMS2 thing? Or something set in the file?

7. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have actually found the same thing in all the later files. It used to be quite noticeable. There is a setting in the file that you can change, (flatspots_scale 0.0), but, for me, it no longer seems to make a difference. I have tried values up to 1.0. Try it yourself and see how it goes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Danielkart

Hello Theo! That's a very good question of yours. As Michael said, it's the value (flatspots_scale). However, this value has a very large influence on my file. Maybe it's not because Michael uses a different custom. In any case, this value is responsible for creating a very bad continuous loop. Compare this value (flatspots_scale 0.0) and then with (flatspots_scale 0.99). Take the F1 V10 or any other fast car and go to Daytona. Now drive and brake again and again, the more the tires are worn, the higher this continuous grinding can also be seen very well in the ffb graph. Bad for (my personal feeling) because all road texture is lost. By the way, this problem also has the defaults. That's why this value is 0 for me, but you can of course adjust it to your liking, but I would only increase it very carefully. As soon as Reiza brings the official update I will post a final version of V45. I hope I was able to help you and maybe Michael a little further

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi @Danielkart your latest file feels really good, the only things I couldn't dial in were the brake feeling and scrub/tear so I tried to get your ffb feeling on my file to get it somewhere near.
    May not feel right on dd but what do you think?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Danielkart

Hey Aegunner! Thank you for your file I will test it and let you know. Can you tell me what base you have? Then I can match my powers to your base to have a better comparison. Great that you also make your own custom for your base. I will report to you Aegunner

• Like Like x 1
  11. Alegunner68

It's a csw 2.5, interesting that your road feel in this file is very pronounced on my wheel, I was called out on that way back when I started fiddling with the custom files ha!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Danielkart

Thanks for the info so a csw 2.5. I will look at your file tomorrow. I know you've been at this for a long time and I appreciate your experiences. The 4.6 file was and still is a good file today

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Danielkart

Hello Aegunner 68! Is 68 your birth year? it is mine ;) So I rode your custom this morning. I rode with peaks of 8Nm, about your base. Very nice file, good middle, very good road feeling, there is a lot of feedback on the steering axis. One of the best customs I've tested when it comes to less power. When I work with dd forces (mine are up to about 12Nm peaks) it gets very heavy and hard and the vibrations come up like with almost all files. But I can recommend your file to everyone, especially people who own a belt base. Great job Aegunner

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Alegunner68

Thanks bud,so glad you like it. I'm tempted to stop fiddling now but saying that I changed a couple of things this morning aaargh!
    Wish I could lock it away sometimes so I can't access it anymore.
    Yes that is my birth year, and feel blessed to have watched home computer technology develop from the humble ZX81 to todays behemoths.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Danielkart

Yes buddy I was also born in 68 and experienced the technology. I will still post the latest V45 after the official update from Reiza and then it should be good again for a few months. Then we can enjoy the Ams2 in peace

• Like Like x 2
  16. Alegunner68

Would be great if you could team up with @Kuku Maddog and merge your files somehow.
    With his scrub/tear feel and your forces I think that would be the ultimate file.
    Edit: Here's my latest and i've forced myself to stop tweaking anymore..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  17. kbasic

kbasic New Member

Glad we have a few folks who's older than me. I'm a 73 birth year and will be 50 years of age early next year. Nice to be in good company with this awesome sim. I enjoy your custom files and always look forward to your updates. Thanks and cheers!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Alegunner68

Deleted

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
  19. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I feel old to have watched home computer technology develop from the humble abacus to today's behemoths :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Danielkart

I think every modder Kuku, Peter Stefanie, Alegunner, Stakanov, Danielcart......... has perfected his own custom with his base and spent many hours with it. I wouldn't feel comfortable interfering with Kukus, Peter Stefanie, Alegunners........ file. Because I don't understand your file enough and it would certainly be the same the other way around. It's not bad for people though because they can choose from several very good Customs with different preferences and tastes from the modders. I could already benefit a lot from other modders and maybe they too from me. And now, after a good 2 years, when Reiza is "final" with the tire updates and the physics, there is actually only a little adjustment left. And I would also like to thank Karsten Hvidberg again without him these customs would never have been created

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2