1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know I said I would stop fiddling but try this one.
    The car feels so planted to the track now, it's giving me so much more confidence that i'm taking seconds off my lap times.
    Balancing the oversteer and understeer scales helped a lot, as well as other tweaks.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hi buddy! I rode your custom on page 293 today, I'll tell you, I haven't got around to your current one yet. see you soon

3. Danielkart

hey buddy now to the file. The first custom on page 293 was really, really, really good. I was very enthusiastic about it, especially with low forces of up to about 8Nm. Unfortunately I didn't like the second file on page 293. Brutally high forces in all areas and very early clipping. I would be at the first file and maybe I would have adjusted (brake_feel_follow_weight) and (bump_feel_follow_weight) that could give your file a completely new substance. I also saw that you increased under_steer_scale, there are still many anomalies with this version. Do you only change the values in the first part of the file or also the codes? I hope you don't get mad at me Alegunner, of course that's just my opinion. If you feel like it's good then stick with it. I haven't tested your latest file yet, but if you're happy with it mate then I'd stick with it. I'll also post the Finale V45 tomorrow, it's now officially confirmed by Renato for the update. Greetings Daniel

• Like Like x 2
  4. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I only change the numbers at the top half of the file, I leave the main code well alone.
    Had a few sim updates yesterday so I don't know if the ffb code was tweaked at all, but the last file posted feels so nice to me.
    Not mad at all bud, without constructive criticism progress is slow.
    I'll look into the brake and bump feel, and look forward to giving yours a try.

5. Danielkart

Morning Alegunner! Yes, I drove the new update last night. Something was definitely changed in the defaults. But the customs are less affected. I will post my V45 to be able to enjoy Ams2 afterwards. In any case, the physics are right now and as modders we had the opportunity to make our own ffb (of course everything is subjective here too). Also for the people, test different customs and also the defaults and listen to your own feelings

• Like Like x 1
  6. Danielkart

Good morning guys!
    Here is my final V45-1 after the official update of Reiza. I hope it will give you and me a few months of joy. Of course, everything can be customized to your taste
    1.Customized center
    2. Customized front load feeling
    3.Adjustment of front torque
    4. Realignment and reassessment (may be interesting for other modders) of the slip_crossover values in combination with new load_power_fx values.

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V45-1 from Daniel

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Class of '51 here !

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Kid of the sixties here, born in '64
    Cool, ZX81...
    On such a "beast" i've learned progging assembler back in the days (with paper and pencil of course) :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Guilherme Bencke

Guilherme Bencke New Member

I'm curious, why do you set the FEI so low on direct drive Fanatec bases? I usually run with 100 FEI on my CSL DD and like the detail it provides.

10. Danielkart

Hello Guilherme! FEI is an amplifier (It's similar to in-game FX). With my custom and my dd1 base there is very bad feedback from about 30% FEI (continuous loops and grainy behavior). However, you can increase FEI if you use more damping and NFR (variant 2 in my file). But if you have a better feeling with 100% FEI then of course use your attitude (It's all a matter of taste)

• Like Like x 2
  11. GoobMB

GoobMB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry for late reply, was away for a while. It is here, look for latest Maurice Boschen's file somewhere in the middle of the page (won't better use deeplinks for transparency, here).
    He stated recently he is going to keep his profiles even with the latest update. I am anyway going to try new DanielKart's file :D.
    FanaLab - Share your favorite profiles - Page 26

12. Danielkart

The V45 is superior to the V44 in almost every area. Maurice changes has nothing to do with the custom. It writes new in-game and base values for each car and saves it. Of course that's also a very good thing and it's actually a shame that he stays with the V44. But I understand him because of course it means a lot of work

• Like Like x 1
  13. GoobMB

I actually have no clue what he changes inside of the customffb itself compared with your original (he credits you so I thought he touched a thing or two, because your and his file felt a bit different with identical base and ingame settings).
    If I understand it right, he uses your pure file?
    I will refer to you from now, then... because it has been the best ffb I got in AMS2 since I don't know when. I only miss one thing which is probably hardcoded in the engine: I would love to have "dead" light steering wheel when front tyres exceed their slip angle to understeer slide instead of vibrating scrub.

14. Danielkart

Hey Goob! There are so many tastes and sensations. People have very different preferences and that makes it so difficult at ffb. That's why it's good that there are many customs and people can decide for themselves. In your case, try increasing the value (slip_crossover_line2_end_y 1.25) from 1.25 to 1.35 or 1.45 . Maybe it helps you

• Like Like x 1
  15. GoobMB

OK almost, almost there :D. (I am on 8Nm CSL DD, by the way, all possible rims from tiny F V2 modified to nearly 29cm through 30.5 D Turn to 32 round, which is my test bench).
    Cannot use recommended settings without damping, it is totally unstable without any gyroscopic moments, but dampened settings are really great (boosted FEI to 90 as my base is a weakling).

You surely know where I aim with the understeer deadness, right? :D rF2, RBR or R3E. That moment when your fronts get loaded and loose all grip, or get unloaded (and loose a lot of grip). A lot of people wants to FEEL that slide, but what I want is I do not want to feel it through massive vibrations or something, because what all my real cars did (Fiesta Cup, some detuned track M3 and Octavia WRC) was the steering went totally unloaded, light, and when on gravel or smooth tarmac also almost smooth.

Where is the cap of that slip_crossover_line, please?

Oh. Tested with Grp C Vette (what a car!) and GT1 Porsche 911, and also a bit of Vintage Gen 1 formulas. For which my base is way, way too weak.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Danielkart

Hi buddy! Slip_crossover_line.... there is no limit. The limit is where you get your personal best feeling. Yes, I also have 3 wheels with different diameters. My Customs are created with a 30 diameter wheel because it is about the middle of the wheels. That a csl 8Nm reacts differently than a dd1/dd2 is also understandable and that you work with more friction and damping. A dd1/dd2 can be driven very well in both ways. I also know all the simulations and each has its pros and cons. Only I can do my own personal ffb with Ams2 and this possibility is very good. To me there is no simulation that will ever come close to reality as they are two completely different things. In the simulation it is important for me (personal taste) to get all the information on the steering axis and the wheel. And there is also the fun factor, the customs are just a lot more fun than the defaults (again my personal taste). Other customs are also very good, I recently drove Alegunner's file and was enthusiastic, only when the forces got high it was less good. Maybe people shouldn't be chasing the perfect file or trying to get 1:1 to reality because that's never going to happen. The goal should be to find your personal best ffb for yourself and then have a lot of fun with the hobby

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. GoobMB

I will surely experiment with damping and FEI later tonight. High FEI sends too much noise into ffb, but one step too low and it becomes numb.
    Yep, I am not chasing perfect ffb. What I look for is consistent behaviour through all sims I play... I am an old cars nerd so I do not care at all about GT3 plague with all these electronic gizmos etc... need pure mechanical beasts.
    All info on wheel axis: this is exactly what I do not want, for the only reason. I have shakers for that, so seat in pants is quite nicely distributed, I do not need rumble in wheel where there is not any IRL.
    Life is so colourful B).

May I ask about variable which I want to toy with a bit for my personal taste (if it is simple): what defines holding forces in mid-high g corners in the file, please? I would like to have it higher for 32cm wheel of old cars.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Danielkart

That is the difference. I have VR , Motion , Buttkicker and I still love getting feedback from the steering axis. My custom is of course completely geared towards the steering axis and tire feel. And the whole file is very complex interconnected. Maybe I can only help you a little, but the values you can test for yourself: (scrub_scale 3.0) reduce for less scrubbing. (slip_crossover_line2_start_y 0.03) increase 0.1 or 0.2 or 0.3.... (slip_crossover_line2_end_y 1.25) increase to lengthen the slip. Further down the file FL_stretch , FR_stretch, RL_stretch,RR_stretch reduce the values 0.95 , maybe 0.5 or 0.3 or 0.1. (large_track_bump_scale ) reduces this value to feel less road detail
    Of course I can't guarantee that it will be perfect for you, but you can try it. A beautiful evening

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Exactly how I feel. Each source of feedback works in harmony with the others to make it a symphony-like experience. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

Hey Daniel, kudos for your brilliant work... I simply loved your old v45!
    BTW is this file adapted to the new kart physics? Since V1.4.3.0 your old file wobbled excesively when driving straightaways. Can't wait to test this by myself but I'm so curious :D

• Like Like x 1