1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. moogleslam

moogleslam New Member

@Kuku Maddog Should I be using your file with a Fanatec CSL Elite+, or is it only for DD wheels? Thanks!

2. momorious

momorious Member AMS2 Club Member

Where is FanaLab "too buggy"? What showstopper issues do you face with? There are no known showstopper issues of the latest version. Its extremely stable by now and updates are not "hit and miss" since a while anymore as the basis of the code is really solid now.

3. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Good evening! Unfortunately, it is a fact that there are problems with almost every update. Check out the Fanatec forums, there is a lot written about the update issues by people. And I myself and my friends have been affected enough by it. But I hope that it will finally get better with the future updates from Fanatec

4. momorious

I dont find a lot of issues in the feedback thread for 1.66. Most of the issues are user errors... As said, no critical showstopper issue is known in the recent version, it's super stable and definitely not "too buggy".

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Danielkart

As I said, I said that in the past there were very often problems. I didn't say anything about the 1.66. If there are no more problems now and also in the future, then it is also perfect for me and certainly also for all other people:)

6. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, one question: why do you use Suspension 0 in simagic alpha manager? I read the higher value more detailed ffb you get

7. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

You are able to use it no problems, there is no special requirements for any wheel bases , the main structure of all but a couple of files is fundamentally the same with all rFuktor files .
    Minor tweaks may be needed to suit differences in strength and fidelity between different systems , but most should be able to get the core sense of the forces intended by the tune.

8. Kuku Maddog

I intentionally don’t use additional filters in my software when tuning these files as I don’t want to make it dependent on a software setting that other users of other wheel base can’t replicate.
    But there’s nothing stopping you from using it on top of it, if you feel it’s better. I find it just amplifies certain effects, like bumps and kerbs etc . Like it makes the peaks of the spikes sharper if you know what mean .

• Like Like x 2
  9. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have been using Fanalab for over a year now, and not one problem. Don't understand what problems you are talking about. All Fanalab updates were faultless. There have been some issues with the Fanatec Driver/Firmware updates.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Danielkart

That's great if you haven't had any problems with it. Unfortunately I had and I'm not the only one read about updates, drivers, or Fanalab in the Fanatec forum. I am very happy with the dd1 for 5 years but the updates or the service from Fanatec is very bad. Of course, these are my experiences in 5 years, but there are certainly many people who have no problems with it

11. momorious

DD1 was released in April 2019, so only 3.5 years ago.
    And as I said, most people who have issues with the latest FabaLab versions, did user errors.
    Feel free to read through 1.66 Feedback thread. You wont find any big issue report because there are none, it's super stable.

12. Danielkart

sorry I meant for almost 4 years. I also know that you are Maurice and of course you will support Fanatec. But the problems of the past are not invented. I haven't loaded 1.66 yet, so I can't say anything about it yet. As I said, I'm also interested that things are going well at Fanatec because I also have a base from them

13. Guilherme Bencke

Guilherme Bencke New Member

This FFB file feels really good, thanks for sharing! There are two things though that I'm feeling could be improved:

1. FFB gets very heavy (almost 100% sustained) when going into the grass. Is there an off-road multiplier that I can use to tone it down, like we can do in RF2?
    2. There is a slightly notchy feeling on my DD1 when the wheel crosses zero degrees, both left to right and right to left, wonder if there's something that can be done about it. This "notch" is present in most of the rFuktor-derived FFB files, some worse than others, but it's not there in the Default+ profile.

Thanks again!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Kuku Maddog

I know what you mean .
    there’s been some revisions to the grass physics in recent updates to make it less slippery. there is definitely an increase in friction or texture resistance in dry conditions.

Maybe play around with lower texture scale.
    see if it changes at all.

the notch around centre is a by product of the left and right steering and suspension being separate from each other and then a small overlap in center. generally i only feel a noticeable notch under unusual conditions where the loading is just right and there’s a bump or two being transmitted at the same time. it not a constant thing for me anyway.

You can try lower LFB if you use some , or maybe even reduce Centre Full scale .
    Perhaps some experimenting with static force reduction timing scale . higher value will slow the response of forces changing which may smooth it out . you will notice the feel and weight of the normal forces increase.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Is there a way to increase feel of tyre flex?
    Ac was terrible at this
    Rf2 brilliant when ffb tuned in

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kuku Maddog

You can bump up tyre deform and see if it helps .

(FL_def (* FL_def (power (max 0 (- 1 FL_tear)) 2)))
    (FR_def (* FR_def (power (max 0 (- 1 FR_tear)) 2)))

I’ve tried it at 3 or 4 multiple before.

Don’t recall any significant side effects .

It may make a difference or at least the placebo might ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Guilherme Bencke

Guilherme Bencke New Member

Bumping the rack momentum smoothing a bit seemed to help with the notch in the center:

(rack_momentum (smooth rack_momentum 0.012))

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Interceptor

Interceptor Member

Guys, do you know if there is a way to get the "Default+" file out of the game to alter it?
    I mean; I like the file but want just a slight tweak.

Now I did get the "rFuktor" file, the latest, and did like that too. However: the the rear steps out and you correct it, the D+ keeps getting left/right, making a pendulum motion you have to stop, the rF file stops it dead in it tracks, making it feel a bit unnatural also.
    They are both not correct.
    So I "have to" alter one of those files but there is one thing I can't get over in the rFuktor file: with the old Champ- or Indycar at Long Beach, past the fountain, the two right corners: when I hit the (pretty high) curbs over there, even like a maniac, there is NOTHING in the wheel.........
    That did put me off big time and therefore I would like to alter the D+ file as it is more to my liking for now.

19. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I have seen this question asked before and unfortunately I don't think it's possible without Reiza converting the default files into the custom format ( which I'm sure they could do if they weren't so busy with development) .
    Have to say I totally agree with your description and have often wished for the same . The kerb feel is very low with the latest rfuktor file and not really enough feel of grip loss on the fronts either.
    Have you tried Alex's file yet , might be more to your taste .

20. Interceptor

Interceptor Member

Thank you for your response!
    I didn't find that file, but going at it right now, thanks!