1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Increasing Damping should solve the pendulum issue. AMS2 ffb requires quite a bit of Damping to stabilize the steering, in general. Even with the SimuCube2 Pro, I'm using Damping at about 40-45% in game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Like Dean said you can increase the damping. But it also works with little damping in my custom. Then just reduce FX in game (20-28) and you will have absolutely no weave.

3. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had this before and I think I solved it with changing the game damper effect strength to 0 in my wheelbase driver (Fanatec). I am not at my rig now so cannot remember exactly...but can check it later.

4. Gary_S

Hey, I have been using your FFB file since yesterday, with some small changes to Maurice's fanalab settings. The only things I noticed and some feedback on the file:
    • The FFB when gone onto the grass is very high
    • The feeling of understeer is not very clear
    • The self realigning motion of the steering wheel seems to lose momentum just before the car is straightened out, if feels like it is damped as it comes to centre after an oversteer moment.
    • The feeling of the steering getting heavier with increased downforce over the car appears to not be present?
    I am assuming the first two points is some sort of low feedback boost in the file.
    The rest of the file is really nice. I love the subtle road effects and they are not overkill like RF2. The cornering forces are in nice proportion to the bumps and kerbs. I run a DD2 with damping on 19%, FEI on about 80-100 depending on the car.
    Is there any adjustments I can make to alter the above. And thank you for your efforts.

5. Danielkart

hello gary! Of course everything is always a matter of taste but you can change the following and try for your taste. Point 1 ) Reduce ( large_offroad_bump_scale 1.9 ) to your liking. Point 2) Take (under_steer_scale) the same value as (over_steer_scale) Ams2 is generally more focused on the rear axle. Item 3) You can increase the in-game LFB a little bit, this will make the center tighter, but too much will give more weave. Point 4) increase the value (velocity_res_scale) then the steering becomes heavier with increasing speed and downforce. Maybe it will help you

Addendum: Try reducing your FEI values. In my file are 2 examples for the in-game and fanatec settings. FEI is an amplifier and it causes looping very quickly and superimposes other good ffb on you. Better use FX from the game itself that will bring you better ffb

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  6. JRoQ

JRoQ New Member

Hi all, just came across this thread and was curious to which of the custom feedback files is suggested for a SC2 pro user, if it matters. I have tried out a few of these and they are miles away from the original that I had, but wanted to see if anyone had a suggestion for what they have used for SC2 pros.

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

It largely depends on what you want in ffb but, it may ultimately come down to finding a custom file that works pretty well for you and tweaking a few things from there. Any of the more recent custom files should work well with the SC2 Pro but, combining a file with the optimal Damper level (in-game Damper) makes a difference.

One can achieve very good (Fundamental ffb) results with either default ffb setting but, the Damper setting is very important, and I suspect many players underestimate its impact on ffb in AMS2.

From there, if it's more detail you crave, custom files can really help. On the other hand, if using the wrong Damper settings, then any option can seem wrong.

8. latexyankee

latexyankee New Member

Where is the v45 file? Where is the repository of files available to download? Are there no stickies or direct links?

I read through this thread and people talk about downloading files but....there no link in the last 20 pages

9. Danielkart

Page 294 in this thread

10. Gary_S

Thanks for the feedback.
    So I've gotten a very nice combination.
    I'm using the v44 file with the road and kerb effect values from V45 (with very minor changes, but generally to make the road feel a bit more realistic and alive), and so far it feel really nice.
    The only one thing I have now is that if I spin off on track or grass even, when the car is sliding, a weight builds up in the wheel. As soon as the slide stops, all of that weight is released from the wheelbase, or it jerks the wheel to one side. I know this is something the default + game profile also suffered with.
    Is there a particular line in the controller file that deals with this specifically. The rest of the ffb I have to almost perfection.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Danielkart

Hello Gary! Glad you made progress. The problem you have now is a very complex problem. That's why there is the V45 (other improvements of course) where I had to make a lot of changes to better control this problem. Unfortunately, this is not possible with a small change. But if you can live with it and you feel good then stick with it

• Like Like x 1
  12. pista hufnagel

pista hufnagel New Member

after over than a year and testing all of your rFuctor files, for 2 months I put back nuscorpii's heavy messing v2.5 ffb file and since then the ffb has become even more enjoyable, I was able to improve my laptimes too. in game:50-65-100-15 T300 cp:100 all

Attached Files:

13. pitarinhax23

pitarinhax23 New Member

Are you using the detailed, minimal or the smooth version of his ffb file?

14. pista hufnagel

I'm using the detailed version!

15. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are running
    Gain 50
    LFB 65
    FX 100
    Damping 15

That seems a bit odd.

16. pista hufnagel

T 300 Control Panel All 100
    Simhub Thrustmaster Settings
    Power 60-80
    All 100
    Ffb gain +/- 2 buttons and on the track I set more or less gain for each car. (60-80℅)

17. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am still confused. Are you able to take a screen shot of your in game FFB settings?

18. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

What about the True Drive settings? How important are they with AMS2? Trying to dial in my SC2 Pro......

19. Danielkart

Hi guys! There is a new Custom . I have the V45 and the V44 combined so a V45/V44 Hybrid. I also adjusted the in-game and base values. Let yourself be surprised by the result and have fun driving Daniel

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V45/V44 Hybrid from Daniel

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  20. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I cannot pinpoint exactly to why I like it more, but I like it more! Seems like I get more FFB on the slip angle of the tyres and can navigate through corners while slightly 4-wheel-drifting with more precision than before.

• Like Like x 1