1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I see it a little differently. Tactile feedback is okay but not in the wheel because it takes all ffb away from the game. But if you like it, take it. As always, it's a matter of taste

2. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

They still use the In game sliders , there are some files , mostly older ones , that use the damping slider as a power steering function instead , it should say in the file header if it does .

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just took a quick look at the logitech sdk - here are the extra effects it offers:

LogiPlaySideCollisionForce(int index, int magnitudePercentage);
    LogiPlayFrontalCollisionForce(int index, int magnitudePercentage);
    LogiPlayDirtRoadEffect(int index, int magnitudePercentage);
    LogiPlayBumpyRoadEffect(int index, int magnitudePercentage);
    LogiPlaySlipperyRoadEffect(int index, int magnitudePercentage);
    LogiPlayCarAirborne(int index);
    LogiPlaySurfaceEffect(int index, int type, int magnitudePercentage, int period);

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

OK, but assuming you don't have bass shakers or any kind of motion rig, how/to where is the extra "speaker output" sent? The wheel base itself?!?! Sounds very odd to me.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This makes more sense to me--some canned effects. I personally wouldn't use them, but to each their own.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kuku

Speakers don’t send output , they receive it…
    It’s like a car stereo, some cars have two speakers, some have 4 , some 6, and even 12 , but the Audio signal is the same source for all, it’s the amplifier that does the decoding and balancing of output to each speaker.
    some speakers are designed to handle the low frequencies, some the mid, and some the higher frequencies.
    A wheelbase is basically one Speaker, and the better they are the better they can showcase a full range from low to high frequencies.

I personally don’t feel like it’s something I need , my Simagic has very good fidelity, so I have no lack of tactile vibrations coming through the wheel, even if there’s no specific speakers in the wheel itself, but by all reviews , TF works much better on this New Logitech DD.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
  7. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just as an FYI direct drive motors or brushless motors can play tones. I've been flying brushless helicopters and first person view drones for some time now and on boot up the brushless motors play tones. So technically the brushless motor in a direct drive wheel base can play tones since brushless motors work the same regardless of where they are.

8. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Hello

thank you but you might have misunderstood me
    I am aware of the default vs custom in AMS2 actually I have used and still using custom files since the Project cars days actually

my meaning about the 2 approaches was to test the behavior of cars with both options default+ with in Game parameters tweaking vs custom file with both in file and in Game parameters adjustments

back to my issue now, it has been really difficult to parameter wheel drivers and in Game settings to get the same good feeling I had prior update
    Will do some other attempts in next days but if there are already DD GPRO owners here please feel free to share
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Ok after a couple of hours of intense testing, I have managed to get as close as I could from the good FFB feeling prior the Game update

But to achieve this, I had to set the In Game damping to Zero (to get rid of this silly klonk noise&feel almost DFGT gear alike feeling around wheel center) and massively increase such damping in the Wheel drivers (up to 80 where Logitech recommends 40)

In regards to True force, the effect is here by cranking up the value in Wheel drivers to 100(as Logitech recommends) but the feeling was better prior Game update.
    Setting DD GPRO or Generic Custom DD wheel in the Game controller menu didn't make any difference

I still get haptic feedback such as engine rpm vibration, loss of grip (front and rear axles) and under hard braking but I feel its less intense than before which is a pity because to e its really not a gimmick
    I have 6 Bass shakers on my rig driven by Simhub so I praise the added immersion tactile feedback provides so happy that now I have another layer coming from the wheel.
    and a negative overlap with actual FFB doesn't really show to be honest

Voila, hope to hear from other DD GPRO wheel owners on this thread in the future, its a great wheel, just little bit let down by the rim design and feel (too small tube diameter, very hard and not great leather cover)

10. Kuku

good for you mate , and between the bass shakers and the wheel haptics, you are just needing pedal transducer’s for a full body massage every time you race . :D

perhaps your feedback will help Rieza polish the application of true force and the Logitech DD .

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Danielkart

Hi guys! I'll post you the V45 and V46 again. The V45 now also with integrated kart file.
    My recommendation for the karts, increase the in-game FX value a bit to around 25- 30. Both customs with equal in-game and base values. Earlier files may have discrepancies because the "final" physics (tire physics) of Reiza did not yet exist. The V45 works with higher forces, which can be interesting for belt bases with little Nm. I think up to about 6Nm peaks the V45 is the better choice because there is more pressure on the steering axle. The V46 is very harmonious and the power delivery is excellent. Of course, all older customs can still be taken . Have you Fun

Addendum:
    The 3rd file should be for people for whom the street feedback is too strong. People with motion and tactile hardware but also for those who want it a little gentler. It is also the V46 because this file is very harmonious and the distribution of forces is very well balanced. In addition, the stability of the chassis harmonises very well with the suspension, which means that there is more control in the car. With adjusted street feedback in the file (2 adjusted values) and new in-game values.

Best of Karsten Hvidberg V46 from Daniel
    Best of Karsten Hvidberg V45 from Daniel
    Best of Karsten Hvidberg V46 (Motion-Tactile File) from Daniel

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
  12. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Has anyone using Danials files noticed a change in ffb after the last couple hotfixes? I feel like it put them all out of wack. It feels much better when i turn down the dampening in the TM control panel.

Maybe it was the new DLC cars, centering force felt very week even at high speeds.

13. Danielkart

Hello! There were only minor changes to the ffb on individual cars. Well, I've never had such a good feeling, now that the physics are "final" by Reiza. You may have already answered your own question by reducing the damping. The less damping a simulation needs, the better the physics (my opinion) For me it has always been more immersive with less damping and I have more feedback and feeling on the wheel (hence my variant 1 for in-game and base) . But there are people who prefer more cushioning, which works well.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Thanks my friend. You rock!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    Thanks to all the ffb brainiacs here!:)
    My issue is with all the customs I've tried is the feeling of torque steer like in powerful fwd cars...except I get it with rwd cars. Cars like the sauber or the race gt classic corvette when I accelerate hard the wheel pulls left and right. I don't want that. I just want the wheel to get light when I lose rear grip. I can use scrub/vibration for fw grip loss. And the rest is fx.

What can I adjust and in what custom file can I adjust to achieve the aforementioned feeling?

TIA

Guido

16. Kuku

I’ve drastically reduced this with my tune as I find that wheel pull on traction loss unrealistic too.
    Might be worth a try.
    you can find it in my Signature below.

17. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    Thanks Kuku!
    If I find it not enuff reduction of pull what would I adjust?

Thanks again

18. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

that would be pretentious to believe me as single user could influence Reiza coding of Trueforce API:oops: but yes that would be nice if they could bring back the previous feeling:)

as per Shakers and body massage,I think I have the full lot here on my rig already:Dbut thanks for the suggestion:cool:

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Kuku

Are you using some Damper, it will reduce or slow the rate of pull .

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

TM control panel...
    DoR 1080 or 900
    Overall force, 100
    Constant, periodic, spring, 100
    Damper, 0
    Boost, OFF

in game
    Gain 80-100 depending on car
    LFB 10
    FX 30-40
    Damping 0 depending on car.

If you can, test this on a high speed track like Monza in a classic formula

These files feel so good with the Formula cars but i am still tweaking for slower things with less downforce

• Like Like x 1